Windows 10: My start menu tiles are now grayed out but my settings say they should be colored. (noticed...

Discus and support My start menu tiles are now grayed out but my settings say they should be colored. (noticed... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] This what my setting says my start menu should look like (part circled in green) but instead, it looks like this how do I fix this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/2nd_no3113, Dec 8, 2020.

1. My start menu tiles are now grayed out but my settings say they should be colored. (noticed...

My start menu tiles are now grayed out but my settings say they should be colored. (noticed... lvjg6ZC-1oxCWopXDweKNS7Xqe9pY8sVqrEvQWjo_Pc.jpg

This what my setting says my start menu should look like (part circled in green)

but instead, it looks like this how do I fix this (grayed out tiles)

I've tried changing it to different colors and the tiles and apps stay gray no matter what. I can change the color of the taskbar start menu and action center but that's not what I want. I just want the tiles to match what they are supposed to look like in the settings page. Let me know if you've had to fix this problem before. Thank you!

submitted by /u/2nd_no3113
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/2nd_no3113, Dec 8, 2020
  2. Aakster Win User

Give Office 2016 Start Menu Tiles Colored Backgrounds

After upgrading to Office 2016, I have noticed that the start menu tiles lost their colorful backgrounds and were reverted back to the accent color. Here is how to fix that so the tiles have colored backgrounds.

This guide shows you go to go from this:
    Attachment 113103
    To this:
    Attachment 113105

Step 1
    Navigate to your Start Menu folder
    Typically can be found at: "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs"

Step 2
    Find the shortcut for one of the Office suite apps and rename it to anything you want.

Step 3
    Reopen the Start Menu, the page will refresh and the tile will now be colored (assuming you have pinned it on the front page)

Step 4 (Optional)
    Rename the shortcut back to its original name, the tile will still remain colored.

Enjoy *Wink

Aakster, Dec 8, 2020
  3. zplugger Win User
    Set Color on TaskBar and Start Menu

Why are some tiles gray and others blue? Can I set DVD player and weather gray too?

My start menu tiles are now grayed out but my settings say they should be colored. (noticed... [​IMG]

zplugger, Dec 8, 2020
  4. My start menu tiles are now grayed out but my settings say they should be colored. (noticed...

Start menu color becomes dark and font color wont change in Windows 10

I just got my Upgrade yesterday and im quite happy with the performance.

As soon as I opened "start" i saw colors of tiles becoming dark step by step.. eventually becoming to blackish blue.. only the icon remains not changed.

It does go back to original colors if I open "start" after 1 min but they again turns into dark.

Other thing i noticed was the color of font. Its gray and remains gray no matter what color i choose for Start theme.

This is not only limited to tiles, if I open "all applications", on first open the color is okay but becomes dark again.

and with the gray color of font, it makes everything unreadable.

For example, if i choose color "#800000" for start, the tiles become color "#190000"..

So, I dont know if anyone else is also facing this issue or not but its quite annoying that you cant read and and ugly that color becomes dark like that..

AhmedAbdulRehman, Dec 8, 2020
Thema:

My start menu tiles are now grayed out but my settings say they should be colored. (noticed...

1. My start menu tiles are now grayed out but my settings say they should be colored. (noticed... - Similar Threads - start menu tiles

2. A start menu tile is a different color

in Windows 10 Customization
    A start menu tile is a different color: Hello!I've had this problem for a while now, basically a start menu tile picture below is slightly lighter then the others. I'm running version 21H1, so the tiles should be all the same color.Got any idea?...
  3. Start Menu Tile Colors Inconsistent

Start Menu Tile Colors Inconsistent: The tile background colors on my Start Menu have been showing different colors for different apps. Even apps installed through the same suite are inconsistent, such as Adobe programs. Other apps, such as Spotify, seem to use custom colors, which have always been the case....
  4. Colors from Start Menu tiles dissappeared

Colors from Start Menu tiles dissappeared: This problem of mine started yesterday, after Windows 10, version 20H2 Feature Update. No hardware or other software changes. Everything works just fine, it's just mildly annoying and I would like a solution if anyone can give me one. I posted a photo of what the Start Menu...
  5. Different color of tiles in the start menu.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Different color of tiles in the start menu.: [ATTACH] Yes, I have a problem again. I hope it's the last one. Some tiles of the background is brighter than the other. I saw a similar post about 2 weeks ago, but I lost it. P.s.:the system has Russian installed, because I am from Russia....
  6. Taskbar color setting grayed out

Taskbar color setting grayed out: I use a special color bright orange on my title bar and taskbar. The taskbar has suddenly turned white, and the Personalization/System/Display/Colors switch is grayed and unusable. I've rebooted several times, and I've run "chkdsk /f", but nothing changes.Why, and how do I...
  7. Different colored tiles in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Different colored tiles in Start Menu: Windows 10 Pro Does anyone know what the significance of the highlighted items might mean? Googling this turned up empty. Mighty thankful for your help. 149708
  8. Grayed Out Settings In Windows 10 Start Menu

Grayed Out Settings In Windows 10 Start Menu: Hi, I am using Windows 10 education 1809 but i have faced a problem as all settings that suggest something are grayed out such as (Show suggestions occasionally in Start)(Show me suggested contact in the Settings app)(show me the Windows welcome experience after updates and...
  9. start menu tile colors

start menu tile colors: I've scanned to find information on changing the tile colors and found nothing. Is there a way to change the start menu tile colors so they're not the same? Windows 8.1 had different color tiles but Windows 10 has most of them the same. Thanks 17729
  10. Start Menu -> Settings -> Grayed Out Buttons

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu -> Settings -> Grayed Out Buttons: My laptop comes up every time with the screen brightness WAY too low for my eyes. I can go to Settings and change it, but the Apply and Cancel buttons are grayed out. Every time I restart, or even when the PC goes into sleep mode, it's right back to the too dark screen....