Windows 10: My start-up on 1809 is still the same.. ruined.

Discus and support My start-up on 1809 is still the same.. ruined. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Before reading this i'd recommend reading this first :... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Weaponslav, May 1, 2019.

1. My start-up on 1809 is still the same.. ruined.

Before reading this i'd recommend reading this first : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-1809-october-2018-update-ruined-my-start/f78de208-5382-48cc-9867-36eff9207ac1 so you can understand a bit more of it.

I still have this goddamn black-screen with no cursor, and the help i've been given has given me a false sense of hope as it returned to me.

I am getting so frustrated by this to the point i want to smack my computer so it listens but it's not a good idea.

Seriously having enough of this thing.

:)

Weaponslav, May 1, 2019
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

Win 10 update ruined my computer

I will gladly dispose of any "ruined computer" that Windows 10 has "ruined". Just ship them to me and I will take care of disposing of the "ruined" hardware!

NavyLCDR, May 1, 2019
  3. WillBthr Win User
    Windows 1809 Started the install on Surface Pro 4 but it stopped and the update screen closed by itself.

It started the download of 1809 and I walked away. Came back twenty minutes later and the update page was no longer open. Tried update again and it said it's updated.

It didn't complete the update or state the RESTART NOW.

Update history lists 1809 and states RESTART REQUIRED but since it didn't complete the install restarting does nothing.

So it thinks it's installed the 1809 update but it hasn't. It won't download 1809 again.

ABOUT say's it is 1803.

Suggestions?

WillBthr, May 1, 2019
  4. My start-up on 1809 is still the same.. ruined.

EVGA GTX 2xx series Reinbursement Service

XFX started it and Evga is doing the same. Evga is starting its own reinbursement program for those who bought the Evga 2xx series when they first came out. All you have to do is follow a few steps.

• Must be a new purchase from an authorized EVGA reseller. Step-ups do not qualify.
    • You have 14 days to register and upload a qualified invoice to claim your EVGA Bucks.
    • Only customers who purhased the EVGA GTX 280 or GTX 260 at the full Manufactured Suggested Reatil Price (MSRP) will qualify for the Reimbursement Program.
    • If between June 16th and July 7th you purchased an:
    • EVGA GTX 260 you will receive $75.00 in EVGA Bucks* or $60.00 Cash Back
    • EVGA GTX 280 you will receive $150.00 in EVGA Bucks* or $125.00 Cash Back
    The only thing this doesn't cover is the Step-up program. I'm fine with that because I got the price cut anyway. I just hope to get the card by this weekend if not early next week. I have a itch to bench. *Rockout :rockout:

Source: EVGA

Cold Storm, May 1, 2019
Thema:

My start-up on 1809 is still the same.. ruined.

1. My start-up on 1809 is still the same.. ruined. - Similar Threads - start 1809 still

2. Updates are underway still not starting up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updates are underway still not starting up: Hi I am in need of help. My laptop has been restarting for what seems to be 2 weeks now. I’ve tried to reboot it and it won’t work. It seems to be stuck on a loop. Does anyone know what else I can do to fix this? Thanks, Pout...
  3. Updates are underway still not starting up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updates are underway still not starting up: Hi I am in need of help. My laptop has been restarting for what seems to be 2 weeks now. I’ve tried to reboot it and it won’t work. It seems to be stuck on a loop. Does anyone know what else I can do to fix this? Thanks, Pout...
  4. Upgraded to 1903 but it still 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgraded to 1903 but it still 1809: Upgraded to version 1903 on my Acer laptop (which came with Windows 10 Home 1809). After everything completed and rebooted, I checked the version in Settings and it still shows version 1809, but the Updates display offers the next release 1909. I used another utility to check...
  5. Upgraded to 1903 but it still 1809

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgraded to 1903 but it still 1809: Upgraded to version 1903 on my Acer laptop (which came with Windows 10 Home 1809). After everything completed and rebooted, I checked the version in Settings and it still shows version 1809, but the Updates display offers the next release 1909. I used another utility to check...
  6. Is Win10 1809 still available?

Is Win10 1809 still available?: We have tested 1903 on some of the computers in the company and it has a "known issue" with one of the software packages we need to run. The problem is, we also have quite a few PCs running 1803, and one in particular that has some problems that I'm hoping might be solved by...
  7. Windows 1809 (October 2018 Update) ruined my start-up.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 1809 (October 2018 Update) ruined my start-up.: So i have updated to Windows 1809 in possibly late March if i am correct, but it has affected my PC starting up. Whenever i shut it down, then start it back up (Restart just restarts it without problems) the computer loads purely nothing, not even anything in sight and both...
  8. update to 10 pro version 1809 ruined my laptop

update to 10 pro version 1809 ruined my laptop: I used win 10 update assistant to upgrade from 10 1703 to 1809. My first reboot after this resulted in a message " no bootable device" and it is stuck there permanently. When i use F12 key there are n0 booting devices. Now the computer is not recognizing DVD or USB. The hard...
  9. Laptop still waiting for 1809

Laptop still waiting for 1809: My Surface 3 updated to 1809 from 1803 a few weeks ago but my main laptop running Windows 10 Home is still waiting and despite constantly checking 'updates' I'm told it's up to date when it's not. Completely updated system. Will it come, or will I have to somehow find it...
  10. Gesturing still the same?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Gesturing still the same?: I am on 17713.rs5_release.180706-1551, and I noticed that the one finger swipe left that brings out the notifications panel no longer works on my laptop. Has this changed/been removed or is this a problem?...