Windows 10: My Steam Games are Lagging After the Latest Update on Windows 11

Discus and support My Steam Games are Lagging After the Latest Update on Windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have recently cleared space on my hard drive, cleared my caches, run my disk cleanup, disk derangement/optimize drives, uninstalled and reinstalled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Alexander Teagan Fawkes, May 26, 2024.

1. My Steam Games are Lagging After the Latest Update on Windows 11

I have recently cleared space on my hard drive, cleared my caches, run my disk cleanup, disk derangement/optimize drives, uninstalled and reinstalled drivers; as well as run memory diagnostics mdsched.exe etc. and nothing has fixed the issues. I am incredibly tech savvy and nothing I have tried has worked. I have the room on my hard drive to run this game Baldur's Gate 3 and I have dropped the resolution on the game to a lower resolution in the hopes that this would also assist in correcting the issue. Nothing I have tried has worked after the most recent update on Windows 11 2024-04 Cumu

:)

Alexander Teagan Fawkes, May 26, 2024

2. Steam games do not work after latest update

Hi,

Issues in launching Steam games after the Windows 10, version 1703 update may occur if Game Mode is disabled or the game components are corrupted.

To resolve your concern, we recommend that you manually enable Game Mode by following the steps below:

• Press the Windows key + G on your keyboard.
    • Select Settings in the Game bar.
    • In the General tab, select the check box for
      Game Mode.

If you are still experiencing the same issue after enabling Game Mode, please answer the questions below so we can properly isolate your concern.

• Were you asked to uninstall the Steam games before installing the Windows 10, version 1703 update?
    • Does the issue occur on other games aside from Steam games?

Loraine Mon, May 26, 2024
  3. are all steam games available on windows 11

okay so I am two steps away from upgrading to Windows 11 and I just want to make sure that all steam games run on windows 11. so is it a good idea to play steam games in windows 11 or should I wait for a few more weeks/months?

cookiscript, May 26, 2024
  4. My Steam Games are Lagging After the Latest Update on Windows 11

Windows 10 Steam game crashes

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Does the issue occur only with Steam games or all games?
    • Are you able to view videos?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card driver by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 26, 2024
Thema:

My Steam Games are Lagging After the Latest Update on Windows 11

1. My Steam Games are Lagging After the Latest Update on Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Steam Games are

2. My Steam Games are Lagging After the Latest Update on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Steam Games are Lagging After the Latest Update on Windows 11: I have recently cleared space on my hard drive, cleared my caches, run my disk cleanup, disk derangement/optimize drives, uninstalled and reinstalled drivers; as well as run memory diagnostics mdsched.exe etc. and nothing has fixed the issues. I am incredibly tech savvy and...
  3. Internet Games lagging after windows update Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Games lagging after windows update Windows 11: Hello all, I've been having issues with online gameplay after a windows update. I get lag spikes, but the ping remains fine. I've ran several things to try and find a fix but nothing permanent so far.I've tried: sfc /scannow : nothing foundReset Network Adapter : This...
  4. Internet Games lagging after windows update Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Games lagging after windows update Windows 11: Hello all, I've been having issues with online gameplay after a windows update. I get lag spikes, but the ping remains fine. I've ran several things to try and find a fix but nothing permanent so far.I've tried: sfc /scannow : nothing foundReset Network Adapter : This...
  5. After installing the latest Cumulative update 2023-06 KB5027303, my games on steam started...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After installing the latest Cumulative update 2023-06 KB5027303, my games on steam started...: The latest cumulative update seems to improve a few things from what I read, but it also said certain apps and games will be affected. Seeing this, I uninstalled the update, and rebooted again just incase. It didn't seem to do the trick, so I ended up doing a System restore...
  6. GAMES LAGGING AFTER WINDOWS UPDATE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GAMES LAGGING AFTER WINDOWS UPDATE: I am unable to play game like valorant my game have fps drops.fps drop to 0 and game freezes for 3 sec.i tried to reset but still not working. it happened few time before to but then i factory reset then it was working then i updated my windows again and it screwed me over...
  7. GAMES LAGGING AFTER WINDOWS UPDATE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GAMES LAGGING AFTER WINDOWS UPDATE: I am unable to play game like valorant my game have fps drops.fps drop to 0 and game freezes for 3 sec.i tried to reset but still not working. it happened few time before to but then i factory reset then it was working then i updated my windows again and it screwed me over...
  8. Lag in Games after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lag in Games after Windows Update: I am experiencing sudden frame drop in games after Updating Windows 10 KB4566782 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lag-in-games-after-windows-update/dc1a6fb3-80ec-4520-9b63-4ba6dcdcd94c
  9. After 1903 Update my Steam games will not start

in Windows 10 Customization
    After 1903 Update my Steam games will not start: I updated my Win IOS to version 1903. Today I tried to run my steam games. None will start Help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-1903-update-my-steam-games-will-not-start/ef64036a-fc15-4995-bd4d-02ce3c3127a5
  10. Game lag after windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game lag after windows update: I just finished updating my windows to KB4015438 and i got a problem with fps drop on my games. Before updating to this version my game just run smooth but after this update my game terrible lagging. Any solution ? 81558