Windows 10: my steelseries sensei mouse left click acting strange ??

Discus and support my steelseries sensei mouse left click acting strange ?? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So for the last 3 weeks or so my steelseries sensei mouse is acting very strange, i will click on something say like the little arrow on taskbar that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tonyb, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Tonyb Win User

my steelseries sensei mouse left click acting strange ??

So for the last 3 weeks or so my steelseries sensei mouse is acting very strange, i will click on something say like the little arrow on taskbar that says show hidden icons, i will click it and it will just appear for a few seconds and i will have to click multiple times to make work. Or the settings menu in google chrome will do same thing, and when i click a x to close a tab it will shrink the the browser, is really acting strange. i have reinstalled software, reinstalled drivers, moved to a new port. Nothing seems to work at all to fix this issue what could be the problem. anyone else having this type of issue.

:)

Tonyb, Jan 25, 2017

2. Source games (Counter-Strike: Global Offensive) and Counter-Strike (GoldSrc) mouse bugs

Before build 16299 mouse in CS:GO with m_rawinput 0 was buggy, random and barely moving at slow movement. The update to build 16299 I did few hours ago fixed the slow movement bug, though, it didn't fix it all. I am experiencing random mouse behavior, like
    it's randomly rotating by few degrees (1 - 2 seconds) and then I take control of the mouse once again. Also mouse completely stop to work after opening Counter-Strike.

Games were purchased via Steam.

My mouse is SteelSeries Sensei 310.

SkyrenOfficial, Jan 25, 2017
  3. Mouse left-click is acting like a right-click.

I ran the BIOS and restored factory settings while keeping personal files. It worked but I lost my installed apps. For the meantime, the issue was solved so thank you so much for helping me to keep my sanity intact. I hope the issue won't comeback.

SherwinJalandoni, Jan 25, 2017
  4. my steelseries sensei mouse left click acting strange ??

While I don't have this issue could you please look through your Windows update history, dating back to January 10, 2017 and see if any drivers were updated by Windows. When you say three weeks it puts us right back to patch Tuesday. Also look for failing updates.

If you find drivers were installed it may be necessary to do a System Restore to point before this date and then tell Windows to stop updating drivers, you will handle.

Stop Windows Updating Drivers
    Right click on Windows Start
    Click on Control Panel
    Click on System and Security
    Click on System
    Click on Advance system settings
    Click on Hardware tab
    Click on Device Installation Settings
    Click on No
    A menu appears (first time) click Never Install driver software.
    You may get a warning. Click the option that says I’ll take care of it (not exact words)

If you found failing updates it will be necessary to run the Windows Update Trouble Shooter as Admin.

Good luck. Please post back if you identify driver install so other will benefit.

Caledon Ken, Jan 26, 2017
  5. Tonyb Win User
    HI i don't see any updates pertaining to drivers no failed updates at all in there i'm not really sure what the heck is wrong with it but darn annoying for sure.

Tonyb, Jan 26, 2017
  6. I've had the actual switch fail in my Logitech Track ball. It either doesn't work, or gives multiple clicks. Likely from playing FPS games. I swapped out the switch and all was back to normal. I'm an electronic technician by trade so no big deal for me. Anyway, try that mouse on another PC with no special software installed and see if it does the same thing.

alphanumeric, Jan 26, 2017
  7. If that doesn't work you could try a system restore.

Also look into Macrium Reflect for Imaging your system. Free, reliable and easy to use.

While I agree it could be with your device good to have plan "B".

Caledon Ken, Jan 27, 2017
  8. my steelseries sensei mouse left click acting strange ??

It could well be the software. Ruling out a hardware issue will speed things up though. Having a plan B is always good.

alphanumeric, Jan 27, 2017
  9. Tonyb Win User
    well i did the test and it seems to be the mouse itself, as it also did it on my HP with windows 10 home, so looks like i get a new mouse.

Tonyb, Jan 27, 2017
  10. It happens, do you game with that mouse? The left click being the fire button is what wore mine out. I play a lot of First person shooters. I don't think my trackball was built with gaming in mind.

alphanumeric, Jan 27, 2017
  11. Tonyb Win User
    yes actually i use too, for the first 2 years of its life used heavily for gaming i suppose thats why its pretty much gone now. it 3 yrs old.

Tonyb, Jan 27, 2017
  12. I just went out and bought a Logitech Mouse, got out my soldering iron, and did a transplant. The switches were identical. The tricky part was getting it apart without breaking the case in the process. Now I have two more spare switches. I have that luxury though. The mouse was a lot cheaper than a new trackball.

alphanumeric, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

my steelseries sensei mouse left click acting strange ??

1. my steelseries sensei mouse left click acting strange ?? - Similar Threads - steelseries sensei mouse

2. Why is my left arrow key acting like a left mouse click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my left arrow key acting like a left mouse click: i tried to hard reset the keyboard still didn't work. its a wired keyboard Razor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-left-arrow-key-acting-like-a-left-mouse/3e93c300-050b-45e8-9598-0bb78d0896f1
  3. Why is my left arrow key acting like a left mouse click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my left arrow key acting like a left mouse click: i tried to hard reset the keyboard still didn't work. its a wired keyboard Razor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-left-arrow-key-acting-like-a-left-mouse/3e93c300-050b-45e8-9598-0bb78d0896f1
  4. Keyboard and mouse acting strange?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard and mouse acting strange?: Before the latest update, my keyboard and mouse have both worked just fine. But since this update, my keyboard responds completely differently as far as keystrokes and the mouse pointer although is responsive the clicker does not. I have changed the ports that they are...
  5. Right click acts like left click - both with touchpad and mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Right click acts like left click - both with touchpad and mouse: I have a Surface Pro 7 which is about 3 months old along with an Arc Touch mouse purchased at the same time. I have been experiencing an intermittent, strange problem that starts and stops on its own. Right-clicking either the mouse or the touchpad acts like a left click....
  6. Mouse acting strange

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse acting strange: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/goreidea [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iobg9i/mouse_acting_strange/
  7. Mouse left click acting like a right click

Mouse left click acting like a right click: Both my left and right click are acting like a right click. I have gone into mouse setting and made sure that the left button was selected as the primary button. I have reset the computer and I have checked for and installed updates and the problem still persists. What can I...
  8. Enter key is acting as left mouse click [Solved]

Enter key is acting as left mouse click [Solved]: So I have had my wired mouse and keyboard for a while, some months, never had any issues. Last night I went to control panel, went to uninstall a program, and I repaired both X64 and X86 Microsoft visual C++ programs. I reset my PC today while getting several PC updates....
  9. Enter key is acting as left mouse click

Enter key is acting as left mouse click: So I have had my wired mouse and keyboard for a while, some months, never had any issues. Last night I went to control panel, went to uninstall a program, and I repaired both X64 and X86 Microsoft visual C++ programs. I reset my PC today while getting several PC updates....
  10. Mouse and keyboard acting strangely

Mouse and keyboard acting strangely: I installed Windows 10 on my son's computer a week ago, and everything was fine until this morning. I noticed that every link I click on opened up a new Chrome browser instance. The mouse wheel no longer works, but the other buttons work. The caps lock became...