Windows 10: My steering wheel randomly crashes windows, but just on one computer

Discus and support My steering wheel randomly crashes windows, but just on one computer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I have Ferrari 458 italia steering wheel from thrustmaster, I found it after some time in my basement, it was for xbox360 but with xinput help i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Dominol360, Jul 9, 2020.

1. My steering wheel randomly crashes windows, but just on one computer

So I have Ferrari 458 italia steering wheel from thrustmaster, I found it after some time in my basement, it was for xbox360 but with xinput help i could play with it in normal games. But when I tried to connect it to my main pc, my desktop started to dissapear, my start menu stopped working, task bar was flickering, all windows got like... a windows classic theme and after 15 seconds or so it all went black with error popup saying nothing, I couldnt even close it. So I went to my laptop to see if it was having any problems, I plugged it in and... nothing happend, it was working fine, I even didn't need to install xinput, it was working as intended. So idk what to do, it has to be a windows problem of some kind.

:)

Dominol360, Jul 9, 2020
  2. Shoegoo Win User

Steering Wheel not working after updates

My Steering Wheel is no longer working after a series of Win 10 updates that have been pushed down. I can no longer calibrate the steering or the pedals. I checked on the devices and printers panel and it says driver error. I have contacted the mfg. and
    there are no drivers for the wheel and none are required. They asked me to try it on another computer and I did. It will calibrate on my business computer and on a lap top. But these are not computers where I play games. This is a very expensive $700 steering
    wheel that I cannot easily replace.

Tried uninstalling via device manager hoping it would reset with no solution. I am thinking something was not updated completely and that I should systematically uninstall Windows updates back to Nov 2015 and let them reinstall.

P.S.

I am having the same problem with my Steam Controller and my battery back up. All of these devices are connected to my computer via usb.

Help and suggestions are welcome.

Shoegoo, Jul 9, 2020
  3. How Can I Use This Steering Wheel On My Computer?? Please Helpp!!

Hi umm my friend just gave me this steering wheel and i wanna find a way to run it with my computer.. so please if you know how tell me..

Some Pictures of the steering wheel:

roneiraq12, Jul 9, 2020
  4. My steering wheel randomly crashes windows, but just on one computer

Steering Wheel(s) Xbox One X

Hello,

Can anyone tell me what features the One X will have concerning 3rd party steering wheels? I would like to know if the Thrustmaster T500 will be compatible.

Thanks in advance!

* Moved from Insider

RIOTMokill, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

My steering wheel randomly crashes windows, but just on one computer

1. My steering wheel randomly crashes windows, but just on one computer - Similar Threads - steering wheel randomly

2. trustmasters steering wheel wont work on my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    trustmasters steering wheel wont work on my pc: I have a steering wheel from trusmasters but i dont get how i get it to work on my pc windows 11 it is a t80 ferrari 488gt i tried to install a file but every time i get windows store on my screen if i want to administrate the file for my steering wheel...
  3. trustmasters steering wheel wont work on my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    trustmasters steering wheel wont work on my pc: I have a steering wheel from trusmasters but i dont get how i get it to work on my pc windows 11 it is a t80 ferrari 488gt i tried to install a file but every time i get windows store on my screen if i want to administrate the file for my steering wheel...
  4. Game crashing when using G920 steering wheel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game crashing when using G920 steering wheel: I recently upgraded my PC components, mobo, video card RTX 3070, RAM 32 GB, processor i5 13600. Along with the parts upgrade I upgraded my windows to 11. I kept my hard drives, SSD for windows install and this particular game is also installed on that drive, and HDDs for...
  5. Game crashing when using G920 steering wheel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game crashing when using G920 steering wheel: I recently upgraded my PC components, mobo, video card RTX 3070, RAM 32 GB, processor i5 13600. Along with the parts upgrade I upgraded my windows to 11. I kept my hard drives, SSD for windows install and this particular game is also installed on that drive, and HDDs for...
  6. xbox 360 steering wheel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox 360 steering wheel: Hi guys, I just got a xbox 360 wireless reciver to usa my xbox 360 wireless steering wheel and I'm now trying to play project cars 2. I'm having a lot of trobles using it bc when I select it as a custom wheel the ff works, but when I turn the wheel the game detects no imput...
  7. PXN v900 steering wheel not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PXN v900 steering wheel not working: I recently got a steering wheel and plugged it in to my computer. I got this steering wheel for the game "City Car Driving" on steam. When I plug it in, the device starts to setup, the light on the wheel turns on, and everything seems to be fine. Once I go on the game to set...
  8. Steering Wheel problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Steering Wheel problem: I have STR RACEFORCE Gembird steering wheel for PC and when I try to play ex. ETS 2 or NFS it just crashes when I set I want to play with steering wheel. I downloaded and reinstalled couple of times drivers for steering wheel but I just cant play with it, Did someone had...
  9. Sidewinder steering wheel not detected

Sidewinder steering wheel not detected: The steering wheel worked fine before but now its not detected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sidewinder-steering-wheel-not-detected/447d8aac-c666-49c6-8622-1e7a4fae6d40
  10. Steering wheel not working

Steering wheel not working: I have a Thrustmaster Ferraria 458 xbox 360/pc racing wheel, and I can't get it to work on my computer. It no longer shows up in game controllers, I can see it in control panel, but when you right click and select game controller settings, there is nothing there. I think this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox 360 wheel crash win10