Windows 10: My sticky notes doesn't display the html rich text editor

Discus and support My sticky notes doesn't display the html rich text editor in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I could use keyboard shortcuts, but it's not convenient, why is the rich text toolbar absent, any idea? Running win10 pro 64 bit [img] 128542 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by xuzo, Mar 8, 2019.

1. xuzo Win User

My sticky notes doesn't display the html rich text editor

I could use keyboard shortcuts, but it's not convenient, why is the rich text toolbar absent, any idea?

Running win10 pro 64 bit

My sticky notes doesn't display the html rich text editor [​IMG]

:)

xuzo, Mar 8, 2019

2. Sticky Notes not show the text

Hi Nancy,

The issue may be related to corrupted application files. To troubleshoot this kind of issue, follow the steps below:

Delete the contents of the Sticky Notes folder and run Sticky Notes Manually.

Step 1. Navigate to the App data folder and for that follow the steps mentioned below to help fix the issue.

a. Press Windows key + X.

b. Select File Explorer.

c. Navigate to C:\Users\<your User Name>.

Once you are inside your User folder you should see a list of Folders like Contacts, Desktop and downloads etc.

You need to access some files that are hidden to continue troubleshooting,

Step 2. Try to see Hidden Folders and files and for that you need to follow the steps provided below.

• Open Folder Options by Pressing Windows key + X, clicking
      Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, and then clicking
      Folder Options.
    • Click the View tab.
    • Under Advanced settings, click Show hidden files, folders, and
      drives, and then click OK.

Step 3. Delete the Sticky notes temp file.

Now, you should be able to see a folder by name App data above contacts.

• Click on the folder.
    • Navigate to Appdata\Roaming\Microsoft\Sticky notes.
    • Delete the file StickyNotes.snt.
    Now close Sticky Notes and reopen it to check if it works.

If the issues still persist, check the answer provided by Ramesh.Kumar on this

thread
    and proceed with the steps on how to Run the Sticky Notes from the root Folder.

We look forward to your response.

Marvelos Reg, Mar 8, 2019
  3. Sticky Notes

Hi,

My name is Angel. I am an Independent Advisor. Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Here are the keyboard shortcuts for sticky notes:

Ctrl+B – Bold text

Ctrl+I – Italic text

Ctrl+T – Strikethrough

Ctrl+U – Underlined text

Ctrl+Shift+L – Bulleted (press once) or Numbered (press twice) list

Ctrl+Shift+> – Increased text size

Ctrl+Shift+< – Decreased text size

Ctrl+A – Select all

Ctrl+Shift+A – Toggles all caps

Ctrl+L – Left aligns text

Ctrl+R – Right aligns text

Ctrl+E – Centers text

Ctrl+Shift+L – Small Alpha list (3rd), Capital Alpha list (4th), small roman (5th), Capital roman (6th)

Ctrl+1 – Single-space lines

Ctrl+2 – Double-space lines

Ctrl+5 – Set 1.5-line spacing

Ctrl+= – Subscript

Ctrl+Shift++ – Superscript

Change Sticky Notes Font

Windows uses the Segoe Print font. Changing the default is not supported in Sticky Notes. What you can do is type your text in the desired font in a text editor like Word, and copy-paste it here. The Sticky Note should display the text in that font. Let us
    know if this works for you.

Try:

1. Open a Word Document.

2. Type letters with the font style you want to use in Sticky Notes.

3. Copy the words you typed then paste it to Sticky Notes. The following characters you'll be typing next will now be the same with the font style you used to copy from the Word document.

Source:

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/tips-to-use-form...

Hope the information provided is useful. If the issue persists, reply here and we will be glad to help you.

Angel.

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

AngelCarreno, Mar 8, 2019
  4. My sticky notes doesn't display the html rich text editor

sticky notes

Was this the WIndows 10 Upgrade from WIndows 7, 8 or 8.1?

Check now for a C:\Windows.old folder that is created during an Upgrade. If that folder is found, you can

Show Hidden Files and Folders in Windows 10
    and then follow the steps here:

• To backup sticky notes in Windows 10/8.1/8/7:
    STEP 1. Type %AppData%\Microsoft\Sticky Notes in the windows.old folder Search box.

STEP 2. Copy StickyNotes.snt to a safe location.

• To restore sticky notes:
    STEP 1. Type %AppData%\Microsoft\Sticky Notes in start menu search box or run and press Enter.

STEP 2. Copy the StickyNotes.snt file from your backup folder and paste it in the folder that opens. Agree to overwrite the old file, or delete it first before copying. If it balks then install and use the

Take Ownership Shortcut
    on the folder so you can replace the .snt file.

If you don't have Windows.old folder, do you have a backup image of your old install which we can help you mount to browse into the old files?

If not then your notes may be lost. In the future use Notepad or Wordpad which can more easily save Files to your Documents, or back up the Sticky Notes file regularly following the above.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Mar 8, 2019
Thema:

My sticky notes doesn't display the html rich text editor

1. My sticky notes doesn't display the html rich text editor - Similar Threads - sticky notes doesn't

2. HTML Editor with HTML Validation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HTML Editor with HTML Validation: Anyone know of a good HTML editor that has a built in validation tool like this: [ATTACH] Thanks, Sonnie
  3. Multiple Display Sticky Notes

Multiple Display Sticky Notes: I currently have 2 displays, one is my laptop and the other is an external monitor. I want to make my main display the monitor and have the sticky notes on the laptop secondary display. But everytime i unplug and replug the hdmi cable, the sticky notes move back to the...
  4. Sticky Notes pasting text as images

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sticky Notes pasting text as images: When I copy editable text from the internet or onenote and paste it into the sticky notes app it pastes as an uneditable image and not text. I tried to erase the cache in the C drive-users-my id-app data-roaming-microsoft-sticky notes. I am still having the same issue, its...
  5. Sticky Note

Sticky Note: Hi! After Windows update I can't open Sticky Note App. It shows that i'ts loading, but then disapear. I have there infomation that i really need and i understand that I can't use App reset option....
  6. Sticky Notes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sticky Notes: Hi! I have Windows 10. How do I turn off the hyperlinks on my Sticky Notes? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sticky-notes/651eb2ef-de96-4508-8bcc-5e7df8412514
  7. sticky notes

sticky notes: Recently IT reconfigured my computer to Windows 10 update. They reinstalled all my files, including my Sticky Notes. However, my Sticky Notes now keep vanishing. I read some online things about how to find the backups but it appears that I don't even have the Sticky Notes app...
  8. Sticky Notes Doesn't Open My Backed Up plum.sqlite Notes

Sticky Notes Doesn't Open My Backed Up plum.sqlite Notes: Hi! I backed up my plum.sqlite file and tried transferring it to another Windows 10. Inside the file, I can see that the info with all my text is within the code but when I open Sticky Notes, only 1 blank note appears, not any of my past notes. Is there a way to resolve...
  9. rich text document

rich text document: i was typing a letter using notepad. no spell check :( opened up a rtd and my keyboard wont type. keyboard works fine on notepad. websites, search bar etc. it only wont type on a rich text document. any ideas how to fix this?...
  10. rich text document

rich text document: i was typing a letter using notepad. no spell check :( opened up a rtd and my keyboard wont type. keyboard works fine on notepad. websites, search bar etc. it only wont type on a rich text document. any ideas how to fix this?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why doesnt sticky notes display my photos

2. Why am i not able to type text in sticl notes

3. sticky notes in adobe dont show content

4. rich text sticky note,
  5. sticky notes cannot have html,
  6. display my sticky notes