Windows 10: My Storage went from 512gb to 23gb?

Discus and support My Storage went from 512gb to 23gb? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Okay, So yesterday my laptop was acting up, kept crashing , kept getting BIOS, and got a message when turning on my laptop that said "Boot Device not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Agustininguez, Sep 4, 2021.

1. My Storage went from 512gb to 23gb?

Okay, So yesterday my laptop was acting up, kept crashing , kept getting BIOS, and got a message when turning on my laptop that said "Boot Device not found, Please Install an operating system on your hard disk"So that is exactly what I did. I got a Usb, Turned it into a bootable usb, And now im on this fresh copy of windows, Then I noticed my storage went from my normal 500gb to 23, What happened?

:)

Agustininguez, Sep 4, 2021
  2. RolandJS Win User

Messed up installing Fences software, now have lost 23GB of SSD

"...the 'unknown' space (unscannable?) has remained constant at 23.1GB..."
    I have no idea what folders/files are in that 23GB space, I thought maybe Linux could get in and list what is in there.

RolandJS, Sep 4, 2021
  3. locked Win User
    Storage showing as double the actual SSD size

Running Windows 10 Home 20H2 (Build 19042.964) on an AMD based Windows Surface Laptop 4 with 512GB SSD.

Even though it has a 512GB SDD as confirmed by both disk management and file explorer, settings -> system -> Storage reports the size as 951GB! I have searched but struggling to discover how to get it to report the real size.

Per the image below it shows
    • 553GB used - bigger than the size of the SDD
      519GB in system & reserved

My Storage went from 512gb to 23gb? [​IMG]

System and reserved breaks down per this screenshot

My Storage went from 512gb to 23gb? [​IMG]

Have tried various options including disk cleanup, SFC and DSIM to get it to report the correct size but to no avail. Any suggestions on how to correct this much appreciated?

locked, Sep 4, 2021
  4. EarthDog Win User

My Storage went from 512gb to 23gb?

samsung 256 m.2 storage not recognized

I dont see why the 256GB wouldn't work, but the 512GB would....

The big brother (950 Pro 512GB) IS on the list I provided.........

EarthDog, Sep 4, 2021
Thema:

My Storage went from 512gb to 23gb?

1. My Storage went from 512gb to 23gb? - Similar Threads - Storage went 512gb

2. 512GB SDXC card format when used to increase the internal storage of my Laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    512GB SDXC card format when used to increase the internal storage of my Laptop?: Can someone talk me through whether I should format a 512GB SDXC card, purchased to increase the internal storage of my Laptop only, with FAT32, exFAT or NTFS format?...
  3. My laptop has 512gb storage but will only allow me to use the 5gb storage from my ONEDRIVE...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My laptop has 512gb storage but will only allow me to use the 5gb storage from my ONEDRIVE...: now that my ONEDRIVE memory is full, my laptop won't let me save any files. I haven't used any other storage. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-has-512gb-storage-but-will-only-allow-me/9b8ddb21-d358-431e-b6e6-cd6d44f1ea14
  4. My laptop has 512gb storage but will only allow me to use the 5gb storage from my ONEDRIVE...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop has 512gb storage but will only allow me to use the 5gb storage from my ONEDRIVE...: now that my ONEDRIVE memory is full, my laptop won't let me save any files. I haven't used any other storage. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-has-512gb-storage-but-will-only-allow-me/9b8ddb21-d358-431e-b6e6-cd6d44f1ea14
  5. My laptop has 512gb storage but will only allow me to use the 5gb storage from my ONEDRIVE...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Storage going from 512GB to 229GB. Disk Manager shows 250GB worth of "Storage Spaces...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage going from 512GB to 229GB. Disk Manager shows 250GB worth of "Storage Spaces...: Hello!I have recently installed Windows 11 on a new laptop, and I have noticed that despite the laptop having 512GB worth of storage, my file manager C partition only has 229GB total. Going to Disk Manager, I noticed a partition labeled as "Storage Spaces Protective...
  7. Storage going from 512GB to 229GB. Disk Manager shows 250GB worth of "Storage Spaces...

Storage going from 512GB to 229GB. Disk Manager shows 250GB worth of "Storage Spaces...: Hello!I have recently installed Windows 11 on a new laptop, and I have noticed that despite the laptop having 512GB worth of storage, my file manager C partition only has 229GB total. Going to Disk Manager, I noticed a partition labeled as "Storage Spaces Protective...
  8. My C Drive storage went from 119gb to 103gb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My C Drive storage went from 119gb to 103gb: So I have a Dell G3 15 laptop that I got in 2019, with a C Drive that up until recently showed it could store 119gb of storage. It's always run pretty slow, despite me moving many programs to the D Drive to free up space in the C Drive. In the past week, I've noticed that my...
  9. My C Drive storage went from 119gb to 103gb

My C Drive storage went from 119gb to 103gb: So I have a Dell G3 15 laptop that I got in 2019, with a C Drive that up until recently showed it could store 119gb of storage. It's always run pretty slow, despite me moving many programs to the D Drive to free up space in the C Drive. In the past week, I've noticed that my...
  10. My C Drive storage went from 119gb to 103gb

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing