Windows 10: My story with OneDrive

Discus and support My story with OneDrive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I am just very anoyed by my windows system at this moment, that stores all my document to "C:\info\OneDrive\not very old files because... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Epoxian, Nov 21, 2018.

1. Epoxian Win User

My story with OneDrive

Hi everyone,

I am just very anoyed by my windows system at this moment, that stores all my document to "C:\info\OneDrive\not very old files because this was my standard folder some time ago\Documents" and want to let you participate about my experience with OneDrive.

Back in year 2002 or so I went on holiday as a teenager. I shared the photos with my friends using "Windows Live"/MSN at the time. I almost forgot about the photos and I think I imported them to another Microsoft service automatically when "Windows Live" was shut down.

However, a few years ago I started seeing these pictures after a fresh windows installation in my "picture" folder. In my documents folder there also is a bunch of old files that I don't want to delete, but I don't want to have them synced either. So I renamed my folders to "very old". However, this folder was automatically set as standard-document folder system wide. So I renamed it to "not very old files because this was my standard folder some time ago". And what happened? All my computers promt me exatly this stupid folder as my new document location.

So I click "No, thanks" whenever I am asked about OneDrive.

But... also my new and shiny surface book prompts me to "C:/Users/info/OneDrive/not very old files because this was my standard folder some time ago/Documents". I can not change this setting due to an error message "The folder can not be moved, because there is another folder at the same location that can not be moved" (I have no idea what the problem is, just please use another path for documents dear windows).

I deleted the folder several times - it is always recreated. I uninstalled OneDrive several times, on several systems, without an effect.

So I just live with this stupid configuration for years now.

Also my user was called "info" at some point. Only because my mailadress begins with "info@"? So my name is info now.

Inside my "info"-User-folder, there are the folders/sub-points "Documents", "Dokumente" and "Dokumente" (the same name twice). I know that one of them is my library (which I absolutely don't want to use). I love to search for files in these three locations (behind one of them is "not very old files because this was my standard folder some time ago")!

There was a similar problem when I wanted to delete my windows profile picture, which is also 10 years old. It shows me, laughing stupidly with a knife in my hand. It was funny at the time, but this pictures is not only shown on all of my computers, but also on professional presentations in all office-products. I finaly could remove the picture by uploading another black picture.

So I'm not asking for help, after living with these annoyances for so many years now. Please go back to the roots at some point in the future!

:)

Epoxian, Nov 21, 2018

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Nov 21, 2018
  3. Game with the best story, you have played

wasnt aimed at your game theres a few red headed step childs in the lists by people that dont really belong in a best story, the games all have merit but theres very few that should be given best story. theres alot of games here im seeing that just dont hit that mark.

crazyeyesreaper, Nov 21, 2018
  4. erocker Win User

My story with OneDrive

Game with the best story, you have played

Relax, people are entitled to their opinions.

erocker, Nov 21, 2018
Thema:

My story with OneDrive

1. My story with OneDrive - Similar Threads - story OneDrive

2. How do I get rid of "Microsoft Edge — Stories . Instragram" Panel in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of "Microsoft Edge — Stories . Instragram" Panel in Windows 11?: I visited the Instragram website only once.Right after that, when I now hit <WINDOWS>-<A> on my desktop PC's keyboard, a panel is displayed, reading: "Microsoft Edge — Stories . Instagram":I never accepted this panel to appear. It's bugging me. I'm not interested in such...
  3. How do I get rid of "Microsoft Edge — Stories . Instragram" Panel in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get rid of "Microsoft Edge — Stories . Instragram" Panel in Windows 11?: I visited the Instragram website only once.Right after that, when I now hit <WINDOWS>-<A> on my desktop PC's keyboard, a panel is displayed, reading: "Microsoft Edge — Stories . Instagram":I never accepted this panel to appear. It's bugging me. I'm not interested in such...
  4. Why does MSN block it's readers from commenting on some news stories?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does MSN block it's readers from commenting on some news stories?: This is an example: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/arizona-republicans-advance-bill-legalizing-killing-migrants-on-suspicion-of-trespassing/ar-BB1j0cdR...
  5. Why does MSN block it's readers from commenting on some news stories?

Why does MSN block it's readers from commenting on some news stories?: This is an example: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/arizona-republicans-advance-bill-legalizing-killing-migrants-on-suspicion-of-trespassing/ar-BB1j0cdR...
  6. Help long story. I have fairly new 17 laptop from customer who got hacked ...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help long story. I have fairly new 17 laptop from customer who got hacked ...: Help long story. I have fairly new 17 laptop from customer who got hacked that I do not have admin rights. Set to active says success. But no admin logon. Even though I had missing c drive last night I did something and my clean win11 worked now since I can't fix admin...
  7. Help long story. I have fairly new 17 laptop from customer who got hacked ...

Help long story. I have fairly new 17 laptop from customer who got hacked ...: Help long story. I have fairly new 17 laptop from customer who got hacked that I do not have admin rights. Set to active says success. But no admin logon. Even though I had missing c drive last night I did something and my clean win11 worked now since I can't fix admin...
  8. MSN stories not loading properly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSN stories not loading properly.: Split from this thread.Bugs and Platform Errors [Jan-Feb-Mar 2024] Hello MSN. I’m reporting that your news stories are glitching out and NOT loading properly. This has been going on for over a week now. I scroll down under Bing search engine to the story I want to read, then...
  9. MSN stories not loading properly.

MSN stories not loading properly.: Split from this thread.Bugs and Platform Errors [Jan-Feb-Mar 2024] Hello MSN. I’m reporting that your news stories are glitching out and NOT loading properly. This has been going on for over a week now. I scroll down under Bing search engine to the story I want to read, then...
  10. can't scroll news stories on msn home page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't scroll news stories on msn home page: When on MSN home page I can't scroll news stories by clicking the arrow. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-scroll-news-stories-on-msn-home-page/16a08449-2629-4a92-97ae-96e527faff60

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onedrive story

2. onedrive stories