Windows 10: My sub woofer will not work

Discus and support My sub woofer will not work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I bought a subwoofer and connected it to my computer. From there I tried it out and it didn’t work. I then went into audio setting and did all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Renn772, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Renn772 Win User

My sub woofer will not work

So I bought a subwoofer and connected it to my computer. From there I tried it out and it didn’t work. I then went into audio setting and did all the funky stuff there. In the test menu, both my left and right speakers work but not my sub. For reference, I have a 2.1 sound system on my computer. All speakers and sub are new but not connected in any way.

ASUS ROG Strix B450-F
    AMD Ryzen 5 2600
    No sound card

Hope this can be resolved

:)

Renn772, Jun 12, 2020
  2. NikJames Win User

Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 (Realtek) - No bass/sub-woofer

• Speaker Setup plays all speakers fine
    • Applications do not play any bass through subwoofer (or really, at all)
    • Custom built PC using Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 motherboard onboard audio.
    • Windows 10 fresh install
    • Tried latest driver from Gigabyte, Realtek, and Microsoft
    • Windows "default" driver does play bass through sub-woofer, but audio stutters and is quiet.

Not sure what else is relevant to mention; I've tried following various posts with suggestions to fix this, with no success. I've been at this for quite a few hours and am very frustrated.

Please let me know if you have any questions, or suggestions on how to resolve

NikJames, Jun 12, 2020
  3. Hauksort Win User
    Car sub-woofer + home system speakers to computer - help!

I can definitely get the sub-woofer to work, but it's recognized as a middle speaker, not a sub-woofer in the Realtek HD Sound Manager software, so it won't work as a sub-woofer just yet. Any work-around to this issue?
    Thank you jds63, and you're definitely right!
    Edit; I don't have the option to swap center/ sub-woofer in the Realtek HD Audio Manager, which would most likely solve my problem. Fill speaker and Enable Bass Management is also not there.

Hauksort, Jun 12, 2020
  4. My sub woofer will not work

Sub-woofer not working on MSI laptop

Hi,

I'm Sarib

I bought MSI GP62MVR 7RF Leopard Pro-408 and it has a sub-woofer which is not working. I uninstalled and then reinstalled latest versions of both Nahimic 2 sound software and Realtek High Definition Audio driver but still, the problem is same. I read on
    the internet somewhere that I should turn up the bass in enhancement tab in my sound settings but I can't find that too. Please help me!

Muhammad Sarib, Jun 12, 2020
Thema:

My sub woofer will not work

1. My sub woofer will not work - Similar Threads - sub woofer

2. fix sub flash drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fix sub flash drive.: Trying to fix USB flash drive not being recognized by the system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fix-sub-flash-drive/54703b43-638e-4331-8db0-c8414a1a8862
  3. fix sub flash drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    fix sub flash drive.: Trying to fix USB flash drive not being recognized by the system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fix-sub-flash-drive/54703b43-638e-4331-8db0-c8414a1a8862
  4. fix sub flash drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. problems with one drive. I restored a directory called Pictures all folders and sub...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problems with one drive. I restored a directory called Pictures all folders and sub...: 1. My Pictures Folder was was corrupted by a one drive file that I copied to Pictures to save it incase one drive had more problems. 2. I kept getting the error about the one drive file and it wouldn't open the folder pictures so I deleted the directory entry called C...
  6. problems with one drive. I restored a directory called Pictures all folders and sub...

problems with one drive. I restored a directory called Pictures all folders and sub...: 1. My Pictures Folder was was corrupted by a one drive file that I copied to Pictures to save it incase one drive had more problems. 2. I kept getting the error about the one drive file and it wouldn't open the folder pictures so I deleted the directory entry called C...
  7. problems with one drive. I restored a directory called Pictures all folders and sub...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. get e-mail in sub folders from wherever

get e-mail in sub folders from wherever: I AM NOW GETTING JUNK MAIL IN MY SUB FOLDERS IN MY E-MAIL ACCOUNT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/get-e-mail-in-sub-folders-from-wherever/887bcf68-11c6-45ee-a2dd-ffe4be748030
  9. Car sub-woofer + home system speakers to computer - help!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Car sub-woofer + home system speakers to computer - help!: Hello! Sorry for the messy title, not sure how to explain the issues I have with a few words only. I'm using a NAD Stereo Power Amplifier 214, two speakers from a JVC UX-S59 'micro component system' and a car sub-woofer. I connected the speakers and the sub-woofer to the...
  10. Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 (Realtek) - No bass/sub-woofer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 (Realtek) - No bass/sub-woofer: Speaker Setup plays all speakers fine Applications do not play any bass through subwoofer (or really, at all) Custom built PC using Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 motherboard onboard audio. Windows 10 fresh install Tried latest driver from Gigabyte, Realtek, and Microsoft Windows...