Windows 10: my surface 3 goes onto auto repair on start up, continuously goes into a loop, I restart,...

Discus and support my surface 3 goes onto auto repair on start up, continuously goes into a loop, I restart,... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; my surface 3 goes onto auto repair on startup, continuously goes into a loop, I restart, the same loop applies, solutions?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Xx5Gravity5xX, May 5, 2020.

1. my surface 3 goes onto auto repair on start up, continuously goes into a loop, I restart,...

my surface 3 goes onto auto repair on startup, continuously goes into a loop, I restart, the same loop applies, solutions?

:)

Xx5Gravity5xX, May 5, 2020
  2. Ts96 Win User

Laptop restarts suddenly and goes to auto repair which doesnt work

Hello,

Thanks for helping. When I go into safe mode, the problem goes away and the laptop doesnt just restarts on its own and goes into repair tool. But doing a clean boot doesnt work and windows doesnt even boot up and i just get stuck with the auto repair advanced
    options. The only way to access windows is to do a restore and even then it just restarts suddenly after 30 mins or so and goes back to auto repair again.

Ts96, May 5, 2020
  3. spooky24 Win User
    Surface in Auto repair loop

I know this is the wrong forum but it's about one last try to get my RT out of the Auto repair loop.

Nothing works-can't get to a key board to use command prompt or refresh in any way. I have downloaded 3 different repair USB's from Microsoft and nothing even the the repair jumps into it's own loop It's out of warranty

The only thing Microsoft advises that it is it's a BIOS problem and not their problem. The millions of customers they have lost means nothing to them.

People are starting to have a 'ditch the rt' party and record it on the internet.

They still don't care. The only solution is to open the tablet some how and remove the battery that powers the BIOS so it will reset. That is the last resource.

spooky24, May 5, 2020
  4. my surface 3 goes onto auto repair on start up, continuously goes into a loop, I restart,...

Surface in Auto repair loop

Hi Spooky.

While I don't own a Surface would you mind sharing which Surface you have. In this article they mention how to enter BIOS, well technically the UEFI.

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/en...-10&=undefined

It states
    How do I get to the UEFI settings?

The UEFI settings can be adjusted only during system startup. To load the UEFI firmware settings menu:
    [table][tr][td]Step 1:[/td] [td]Shut down your Surface.[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Step 2:[/td] [td]Press and hold the volume-up button on your Surface and at the same time, press and release the power button.[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Step 3:[/td] [td]When you see the Surface logo, release the volume-up button. The UEFI menu will display within a few seconds.[/td] [/tr] [/table]

Not sure if your Surface has this capability. I thinking if you can get in a shut off secure boot.

Ken

Caledon Ken, May 5, 2020
Thema:

my surface 3 goes onto auto repair on start up, continuously goes into a loop, I restart,...

1. my surface 3 goes onto auto repair on start up, continuously goes into a loop, I restart,... - Similar Threads - surface goes onto

2. pc goes to automatic repair upon booting.. the repair does not work and the loop continues..

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    pc goes to automatic repair upon booting.. the repair does not work and the loop continues..: this happened after Windows update.. how can i fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-goes-to-automatic-repair-upon-booting-the/2d85ec83-f2ff-42eb-84bd-659f0721f99a
  3. pc goes to automatic repair upon booting.. the repair does not work and the loop continues..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc goes to automatic repair upon booting.. the repair does not work and the loop continues..: this happened after Windows update.. how can i fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-goes-to-automatic-repair-upon-booting-the/2d85ec83-f2ff-42eb-84bd-659f0721f99a
  4. pc goes to automatic repair upon booting.. the repair does not work and the loop continues..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. pc goes to automatic repair upon booting.. the repair does not work and the loop continues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pc goes to automatic repair upon booting.. the repair does not work and the loop continues: pc goes to automatic repair upon booting.. the repair does not work and the loop continues https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-goes-to-automatic-repair-upon-booting-the/c04eded7-9fa2-4ac3-ab6a-657ad8b2255c
  6. pc goes to automatic repair upon booting.. the repair does not work and the loop continues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc goes to automatic repair upon booting.. the repair does not work and the loop continues: pc goes to automatic repair upon booting.. the repair does not work and the loop continues https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-goes-to-automatic-repair-upon-booting-the/c04eded7-9fa2-4ac3-ab6a-657ad8b2255c
  7. pc goes to automatic repair upon booting.. the repair does not work and the loop continues

8. Microsoft Surface 3- Stuck in restarting loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Surface 3- Stuck in restarting loop: Hi,I decided to reboot my laptop last night. I didnt want any files to be saved so I did a "going to take hours" reboot one.Everything went pretty well. It got to 100% and started preparing the windows kept shutting off and on, but i was told it was normal. Then I went to bed...
  9. Microsoft Surface 3- Stuck in restarting loop

Microsoft Surface 3- Stuck in restarting loop: Hi,I decided to reboot my laptop last night. I didnt want any files to be saved so I did a "going to take hours" reboot one.Everything went pretty well. It got to 100% and started preparing the windows kept shutting off and on, but i was told it was normal. Then I went to bed...
  10. Surface in Auto repair loop

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface in Auto repair loop: I know this is the wrong forum but it's about one last try to get my RT out of the Auto repair loop. Nothing works-can't get to a key board to use command prompt or refresh in any way. I have downloaded 3 different repair USB's from Microsoft and nothing even the the...