Windows 10: My Surface 3 will not display the background picture while in tablet mode.

Discus and support My Surface 3 will not display the background picture while in tablet mode. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My Surface 3 will not display the background picture while in tablet mode. I have tried turning the Transparency setting in Personalization > Colors... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by StevenATaylor71, Jun 4, 2021.

1. My Surface 3 will not display the background picture while in tablet mode.

My Surface 3 will not display the background picture while in tablet mode. I have tried turning the Transparency setting in Personalization > Colors on/off and it does nothing. I get the app tiles on a gray background. If I switch to desktop mode, the background displays as normal. The background displayed correctly before one of the updates. Now in tablet mode, it's nothing but grey background including the tiles. The icons in the middle of the tiles are still colored according to their app, but the tiles themselves are grey. That also changed from whichever update caused this. I was hopi

:)

StevenATaylor71, Jun 4, 2021
  2. TDOGZ07 Win User

Tablet Mode Background

Whenever I switch my Surface Pro 3 into tablet mode the background is just grey where as my regular background is a picture I would like to change the background so it's different in tablet mode how do I do that?

TDOGZ07, Jun 4, 2021
  3. Background picture not working in tablet mode

As of this week, my background picture is not working in tablet mode on my Surface. I have checked that the transparency is on and I have also checked that the 'show windows background' is on and I'm still getting a black background. Any help would be
    greatly appreciated.

Liz in Heath, Jun 4, 2021
  4. My Surface 3 will not display the background picture while in tablet mode.

Tablet Mode Background

Hi,

Do you mean that you when you change from normal to tablet mode, your back ground changes to grey?

If that is the case, in the tablet mode, to change the background, follow the below steps.

1. Press Windows key + I key > Settings.

2. Settings >Personalization >Background > Preview > set the "background" to picture.

Please let us know if the issue is resolved or you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

Amarjeet_Paul, Jun 4, 2021
Thema:

My Surface 3 will not display the background picture while in tablet mode.

1. My Surface 3 will not display the background picture while in tablet mode. - Similar Threads - Surface display background

2. Surface book tablet mode sleep/hibernate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface book tablet mode sleep/hibernate: I have a Surface book 1, still going strong. I have an external monitor through the original Microsoft dock. Recently, to add real estate I started using my surface book in tablet mode on a stand with the power going into the bottom of the tablet giving me a second monitor....
  3. Tablet Mode Background

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tablet Mode Background: Hello I was able get my tablet mode to get my wallpaper, but when transitioning to tablet mode it starts to mess up. I could still do everything fine but it isn't appealing whatsoever. Is their a way to fix this? [IMG]...
  4. Windows backgrounds dont work in tablet mode

Windows backgrounds dont work in tablet mode: Hi, the background images of my windows innormal mode look like this: https://imgur.com/a/BAFbNbk However in tablet mode all backgrounds look like this: https://imgur.com/a/2SMDVgt Only covering half the screen I have tried many diffrent pictures and all options like...
  5. Tablet mode background

Tablet mode background: When using the tablet mode the background has changed to a solid color vs the picture/wallpaper that was there before. How do I change it back? I have gone to Personalize/Background, restart and hard reboot several times to fix it but nothing changes. Note: the wallpaper...
  6. Background in tablet mode not working

Background in tablet mode not working: So my tablet surface go is having an issue with the background because when I switch to tablet mode it is showing a blank screen and when I switch to desktop mode it works fine, I tried turning the transparency off and it's not working please help...
  7. "When I'm not using tablet mode" while Surface Pro is docked

"When I'm not using tablet mode" while Surface Pro is docked: With the 2004 update, it would seem that Windows sees the device Surface Pro 5 as not having a keyboard attached while docked. It uses the "When I'm not using tablet mode" settings in the Tablet Settings menu while docked. Thus, the icons and menus are more spread out. When I...
  8. Tablet screen keyboard while not in tablet mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Tablet screen keyboard while not in tablet mode: I have an HP Envy X360. Until recently I could turn on the tablet on-screen keyboard while it was functioning as a laptop. This was really useful as I have arm injuries and sometimes I can barely type. The swipe function was great. Since I did a fresh install of windows this...
  9. tablet mode with multiple displays

tablet mode with multiple displays: I believe this is a known issue with Windows 10 -- that tablet mode is deactivated if the computer has multiple displays. Has anyone devised a workaround?...
  10. Surface Pro 3 Keyboard Cover Not Working - auto rotate and tablet mode impacting

Surface Pro 3 Keyboard Cover Not Working - auto rotate and tablet mode impacting: Hello, I have been following the Surface Pro 3 Keyboard Cover Not Working for some time and it seems unresolved for many as well as myself. I have tried all the recommended methods from MS and contributors and even purchased a new cover thinking it may be hardware related...