Windows 10: My Surface 3 won't boot up past the Bios screen.

Discus and support My Surface 3 won't boot up past the Bios screen. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My Surface 3 won't boot up past the Bios screen. It locks up on it. Hard resets don't work. Is there a fix for this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DaveShavalier, Apr 27, 2019.

1. My Surface 3 won't boot up past the Bios screen.

My Surface 3 won't boot up past the Bios screen. It locks up on it. Hard resets don't work. Is there a fix for this?

:)

DaveShavalier, Apr 27, 2019

2. Secure Boot Option Greyed out in Surface 3 BIOS

I am trying to Dual Boot/Install Parrot OS on my Surface and i need to disable secure boot.

This is the issue in step form:

1: I access the bios password screen and Press "ENTER" (Without entering a Password) and access the BIOS interface. (Note. NOT the UEFI)

2: I go to select Secure Boot, but i can only access Device Information as all other options are unavailable.

I do not know how to enable the BIOS Options and have searched endlessly to no avail.

Hope you can help.

Border.

Moved from: Surface / Surface 3 / Safety and security.

Borderless1, Apr 27, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, My Surface 3 won't boot up past the Bios screen. :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, Apr 27, 2019
  4. My Surface 3 won't boot up past the Bios screen.

No BIOS screen on boot

Situation:

Have recently redone water cooling loop. System has been running fine for the last 5 days. This morning I was trying to tidy up cabling and then booted it again to make sure it still worked and everything was connected.

The login prompt was on the screen, but I didn't have the keyboard there yet. About 15 minutes later I came back with keyboard and mouse from my other computer and it was off. Then I realized that the fan for the NB/IOH was not plugged in, and that it most likely was the reason it had turned off. Although I have not had a fan there longer than that, it does go up to 90C or more without one after a while.

Now each power on results in a fans an pump starting an leds on the MB, followed a power off and restart with no video on monitor at all. Can't get it to do anything else.

Steps tried already:

Reset BIOS by setting jumpers.
    Reset BIOS by removing battery.
    Remvoed ram and left one stick in.
    Tried one stick of alternate ram.
    Checked PSU with tester.

PSU looks ok and nothing else gets it past the blank screen. Always restarts again after I power it on.

Thanks for any suggestions.

PopcornMachine, Apr 27, 2019
Thema:

My Surface 3 won't boot up past the Bios screen.

1. My Surface 3 won't boot up past the Bios screen. - Similar Threads - Surface won't boot

2. Pc won’t boot past BIOS screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc won’t boot past BIOS screen: Hi! So a few days ago my brother realized there was some pop ups for winzip, and cc cleaned an a few other things, my google also wouldn’t let me search anything it would come up with a error message saying something was stopping me or something along those lines, basically...
  3. Pc won’t boot past BIOS screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc won’t boot past BIOS screen: Hi! So a few days ago my brother realized there was some pop ups for winzip, and cc cleaned an a few other things, my google also wouldn’t let me search anything it would come up with a error message saying something was stopping me or something along those lines, basically...
  4. Microsoft Surface 3 BIOS update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Surface 3 BIOS update: Been scratching my head at this for days. Dug out this SURFACE 3 convertible/tablet pc. I have very little info on this, only 2 gigs of ram. This is NOT a Microsoft Surface 3 Pro, to the best of my knowledge. As i said, i know very little info about this pc. In need of having...
  5. Microsoft Surface 3 BIOS update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Surface 3 BIOS update: Been scratching my head at this for days. Dug out this SURFACE 3 convertible/tablet pc. I have very little info on this, only 2 gigs of ram. This is NOT a Microsoft Surface 3 Pro, to the best of my knowledge. As i said, i know very little info about this pc. In need of having...
  6. Microsoft Surface 3 BIOS update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows won't boot past the surface/windows logo on surface pro, and won't boot to USB.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows won't boot past the surface/windows logo on surface pro, and won't boot to USB.: I recently reset my Surface Pro 4 through the recovery mode because I lost the password. It got stuck at the windows logo during the process and I forced a shutdown but now when I start my surface it is stuck at the white surface/windows logo and won't boot to a USB so I can...
  8. Repairing Surface Pro 3 BIOS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Repairing Surface Pro 3 BIOS: I have used all the tools that Microsoft currently has available for the Surface Pro 3. I have Completely wiped the Surface with the Microsoft provided recovery image. I cannot get the Microsoft Surface Update tool to run on any computer what I have or use. I have not...
  9. Surface Laptop will not boot up past UEFI screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Laptop will not boot up past UEFI screen: I started up my surface laptop this morning and everything started fine, I left the room and on my return the Surface UEFI screen was displaying, on restart it just continually boots up to this screen, in the top right hand corner I have what I believe is the harddrive...
  10. Windows won't load past BIOS screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows won't load past BIOS screen: The other day my computer froze. I waited a decent amount of time and things like ctrl-alt-del weren't working. A hard restart seemed like the only option. I proceeded with the hard restart but when it came back on the motherboard title page popped up like normal but didn't...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface pro 3 wont boot past bios

2. surface pro wont go past title page