Windows 10: My Surface is asking me to login without PIN anymore

Discus and support My Surface is asking me to login without PIN anymore in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I woke up one morning and my windows surface is no longer asking for my PIN. In fact, PIN button DISABLED. I'm being asked to enter my password. So,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Joseph Everett, Jun 14, 2020.

1. My Surface is asking me to login without PIN anymore

I woke up one morning and my windows surface is no longer asking for my PIN. In fact, PIN button DISABLED. I'm being asked to enter my password. So, I did it's the same password I've been using since I've owned it. No longer works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's asking for a verification to my Microsoft Account that existed YEARS AGO. That's right...YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I changed my Microsoft Account to another email long ago. I don't even work for the company that that email was tied to.

How in the world did my microsoft tablet computer travel back in time!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????

:)

Joseph Everett, Jun 14, 2020

2. OSK PIN login on non-touch device

Hello,

I suggest you to create a PIN for your device and try the on screen keyboard to login to the same.

You may follow the steps below to create PIN protection for your device.

• Go to Settings and select account.

• Click on sign in option and Go to PIN option.

• Now click on Add and set PIN for login.

You can use the same PIN to login to your device using the on screen Keyboard from ease of access option and verify the result.

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Jun 14, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Surface Pro: Sign-in asks for MS Account Password

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Are you able to login to Windows?

I suggest you to again create PIN password and check if the issue persist

Follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Go to all settings.

• Click on Accounts, under sign in options.

• Select Add PIN and check if the helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jun 14, 2020
  4. My Surface is asking me to login without PIN anymore

Unable to login using The login PIN

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the pin and check fi it helps.

• In the login page next to “PIN password option”.
    • You will find “Other sign in options”, click on it will prompt you for regular password.
    • Enter regular password and login to the computer.
    • I suggest you to click on the Start Menu
      and select settings.
    • Now select Accounts.
    • Next select the tab Sign-in option.
    • Under the “PIN tab” click on “ADD” option.
    • It will prompt you for current pin password and new password, please provide
      new password then apply the changes, restart
      the computer and check if it works.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 14, 2020
Thema:

My Surface is asking me to login without PIN anymore

1. My Surface is asking me to login without PIN anymore - Similar Threads - Surface asking login

2. Every login is asking me for a pin.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Every login is asking me for a pin.: I am now required to do finger print and pin verification everytime I open. It was just fingerprint before. How to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/every-login-is-asking-me-for-a-pin/8b7f2e36-9fe1-4c8b-a29c-29eaf03a7870
  3. Every login is asking me for a pin.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every login is asking me for a pin.: I am now required to do finger print and pin verification everytime I open. It was just fingerprint before. How to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/every-login-is-asking-me-for-a-pin/8b7f2e36-9fe1-4c8b-a29c-29eaf03a7870
  4. Every login is asking me for a pin.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Always asking pin for login.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Always asking pin for login.: I am required to do fingerprint and pin just to login. It was just previously just fingerprint and not having any trouble. I haven't done any changes, how to remove the pin?...
  6. Always asking pin for login.

Always asking pin for login.: I am required to do fingerprint and pin just to login. It was just previously just fingerprint and not having any trouble. I haven't done any changes, how to remove the pin?...
  7. Need to start the computer without it asking me for a PIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Need to start the computer without it asking me for a PIN: Hello,I updated Windows and now each time I start the computer is asking me for a PIN each time close and open it or shut it down and start... Im developer trying to make control software based on Windows, so I need the computer to be able to start without asking for a PIN....
  8. Need to start the computer without it asking me for a PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to start the computer without it asking me for a PIN: Hello,I updated Windows and now each time I start the computer is asking me for a PIN each time close and open it or shut it down and start... Im developer trying to make control software based on Windows, so I need the computer to be able to start without asking for a PIN....
  9. Need to start the computer without it asking me for a PIN

10. I cannot login with my PIN anymore

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cannot login with my PIN anymore: I cannot log in with my pin anymore for some reason.. When I try to create new one it recognizes my previous pin, but it doesn't create a new PIN for some reason. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] I went through the administrative template and enable pin login and it still doesn't work. I...