Windows 10: my Surface keyboard does not work

Discus and support my Surface keyboard does not work in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; my Surface keyboard does not work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GeoffreyHughes1, Mar 22, 2019.

1. my Surface keyboard does not work

my Surface keyboard does not work

:)

GeoffreyHughes1, Mar 22, 2019
  2. Argel Obm Win User

Issues with Surface Ergonomic Keyboard

To isolate the concern, is your computer also freezing when you're not using the new keyboard? This is for us to know if the issue is being caused by the keyboard or a program on your computer.

In the meantime, kindly uninstall the Surface Ergonomic Keyboard drive, and then re-install it. To do this, follow the steps below:

• (Make sure the Surface Ergonomic Keyboard is connected) Right click the Start button.
    • Click Device Manager.
    • Expand Keyboards.
    • Look for the driver of the Surface Ergonomic Keyboard. Right click the Surface Ergonomic Keyboard driver, and the choose,
      Uninstall.
    • On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click the
      Delete the driver software for this device
      option to delete the driver package that was used for the device.
    • After deleting the driver, visit this
      link
      and download the driver software.
    • After downloading the driver software, run it to install.
    • After installing the driver, restart your computer.
    • After restarting, observe if your computer will freeze after waking up the Surface Ergonomic Keyboard.
    After performing the steps, kindly share with us the result.

Argel Obm, Mar 22, 2019
  3. Roohi_Taj Win User
    Surface Pro 3

Hi ChrisWaters3,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below information:

1. Does the battery drain out, if the tablet is not connected to peripherals?

2. Which version of Windows you are using? (To check, type: winver in start menu and hit enter.)

I understand how something like this can try your patience. This issue is an indication of faulty drivers or incompatible driver.
    However, I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Check the drivers.

Step1: Battery driver

1. Press Windows andR
      key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.
    3. Click on view on top > Select Show hidden devices.
    4. Expand the Batteries option from the list.
    5. Select the ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery> right click on the driver and click on
      Properties.
    6. Click on Driver tab > check if you have the option to
      Roll Back Driver.
    7. If yes, Roll back the driver or uninstall it and restart the computer.
    Uninstalling the driver will be automatically installed after the system is restarted. Check if the issue is fixed.

Step 2: Keyboard driver.

1. In the Device manager, go to ‘Other devices’, you will find
      Unknown devices.
    2. Double tap on the unknown device > click on
      Driver tab> click on update driver.
    3. Select browse my computer for driver software> Click on Let me pick from a list of device drivers
    4. Select keyboard, then click ‘Next.
    5. Select HID Keyboard device and click finish.

Method 2: Run the toolkit.

Note: If your Surface is managed by your work or school, check with your organization's IT department before running the tool.

I would suggest you to run the toolkit provided by Microsoft on
    Fix common Surface
    problems using the Surface Diagnostic Toolkit

If the above steps, doesn’t fix the issue. I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the article on
    Surface Pro 3 Battery
    FAQ for the Surface Pro Embedded Controller Firmware update

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Mar 22, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Mar 22, 2019
Thema:

1. my Surface keyboard does not work - Similar Threads - Surface keyboard does

2. My keyboard for my surface laptop is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My keyboard for my surface laptop is not working: My surface laptop, the keyboard stopped working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-keyboard-for-my-surface-laptop-is-not-working/45dff278-5576-443a-9680-9b546b064147
  3. My keyboard for my surface laptop is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard for my surface laptop is not working: My surface laptop, the keyboard stopped working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-keyboard-for-my-surface-laptop-is-not-working/45dff278-5576-443a-9680-9b546b064147
  4. My keyboard for my surface laptop is not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. my keyboard does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my keyboard does not work: my keyboard does not work in a proper mannerand if i click on one it give the symbol !pls help me as soon as possibleandif i click on a app it opens a new window if i click two times and in sub topic is touch keyboard but its not i have given it bcz there is no inbuilt...
  6. my keyboard does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my keyboard does not work: my keyboard does not work in a proper mannerand if i click on one it give the symbol !pls help me as soon as possibleandif i click on a app it opens a new window if i click two times and in sub topic is touch keyboard but its not i have given it bcz there is no inbuilt...
  7. my keyboard does not work

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. My keyboard does not work properly

My keyboard does not work properly: I've been having a hard time with my laptop because when I press a letter, it registers the letter and a certain function. For example, i press the letter b then "8b" appears and it also enables and disables the keypad. What happend to my laptop and What do I need to do?...
  9. My surface keyboard is not working

My surface keyboard is not working: Few days before some keys where not working at somes.But now the whole keyboard is not working.Please reply. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-surface-keyboard-is-not-working/45875e51-6c5b-498c-89e6-a0fe4a726957
  10. Keyboard stopped working on Surface

Keyboard stopped working on Surface: Keyboard on Surface has stopped working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-stopped-working-on-surface/3795ed95-50a9-4f66-a447-515a2847ab71

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my surface keyboard does not work

2. windows 1809 surface keyboard does not work