Windows 10: My Surface Laptop Go isn’t able to be forced to shut down

Discus and support My Surface Laptop Go isn’t able to be forced to shut down in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So I was playing a game with my friends when my screen just froze on the game. It’s been 25 minutes and I’ve tried to use CTRL+ALT+DELETE and CTRL+F4... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by shell_01, Jul 3, 2021.

1. shell_01 Win User

My Surface Laptop Go isn’t able to be forced to shut down

So I was playing a game with my friends when my screen just froze on the game. It’s been 25 minutes and I’ve tried to use CTRL+ALT+DELETE and CTRL+F4 but none have worked. I’m not sure if I should wait to exhaust my laptop’s battery and hope that it shuts down and then I’ll be able to check what happened with my laptop but I’m very worried as I’m not a smart person with technology. I’ve also tried to use the power button and pressed on it for 30 seconds and nothing happened. This may not be a significant detail but the only thing I’m aware of that works on my laptop is the keyboard lighting on

:)

shell_01, Jul 3, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, My Surface Laptop Go isn’t able to be forced to shut down :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, Jul 3, 2021
  3. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Jul 3, 2021
  4. Ztruker Win User

How do I wipe the drive on a Windows 10 Surface Pro 4 computer?

Found here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...m-a-usb-device

Ztruker, Jul 3, 2021
Thema:

1. My Surface Laptop Go isn’t able to be forced to shut down - Similar Threads - Surface Laptop isn’t

2. my laptop is not shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my laptop is not shutting down: My Lenovo laptop was working fine until i started it up from it being shut down and the battery 0 after charging it and trying to turn it off it brings me to the Boot Menu. From here i can't exit or select any of the options. If i shut it down, it would just automatically...
  3. Surface laptop 3 keeps freezing up and needing to force shut down

Surface laptop 3 keeps freezing up and needing to force shut down: My surface laptop 3 i5/8/256 has been having frequent freezes while I was doing my work. I would be typing up a document and it would just freeze and not work at all. I have had to force shut down the laptop and turn it on again for it to work. I need help as soon as possible...
  4. My Surface Pro 6 will not shut down

My Surface Pro 6 will not shut down: My Surface Pro 6, running Windows 10, is stuck on the sign out screen. Little circle just keeps swirling and swirling. I have tried holding down the power button. The screen flickers, but nothing else happens. I have removed the power cord, the external drive and the...
  5. surface 3 laptop not shutting down completely

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    surface 3 laptop not shutting down completely: My surface 3 laptop is not shutting down completely. when I shut it down, I get the blue shutdown screen, then the black blank screen, and I think it is shut down and I close the lid. but when I come back to my laptop minutes after, it would be boiling hot, with the lid...
  6. My laptop shuts down instead of going to sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop shuts down instead of going to sleep: When I put my laptop to sleep from power it shuts down. And the weird thing is i can turn it on if i click on space bar. Even if I close the lid it supposed to go to sleep (my power settings all put on sleep). Can anyone help me plz. Thanks. submitted by /u/00jamiil...
  7. My laptop is shutting down

My laptop is shutting down: Recently i left my laptop to a service for a fix it was shutting down whenever i start some game no matter what ... like games from 2003 old and should run good on my laptop. So couple of week there after cleaned and changed the fan the laptop approved a bit whenever i get it...
  8. Surface displays "Shutting Down"

Surface displays "Shutting Down": My Surface Pro is one of the originals. It is running Windows 10 Pro Insider. For the last hour it has been displaying "Shutting Down" with the dotted wheel circulating. If I switch off the power, the same message shows when I repower the unit. Any suggestions for getting...
  9. My laptop keeps shutting down instead of going to sleep

My laptop keeps shutting down instead of going to sleep: Hi, I have a question. Instead of going to sleep mode i.e. when I close the lid on my laptop, the screen goes off but the computer keeps running for several minutes and then shuts down. It does the same when I choose shutdown, instead of shutting down in 10 seconds or so as...
  10. Laptop freezes and has to be forced shut down and rebooted.

Laptop freezes and has to be forced shut down and rebooted.: Hello, I have had this problem since day one with windows 10 and its about to force me back to windows 7. Random times when working on my laptop it will just freeze. If there is something playing be it music or youtube it will make a god awful noise through the speakers....