Windows 10: My surface laptop keeps switching from Ethernet connection to WiFi while connected to my...

Discus and support My surface laptop keeps switching from Ethernet connection to WiFi while connected to my... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Surface Laptop connected to a docking station (from Microsoft) that is hardwired to my network via Ethernet. Overnight it always seems to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DennisVlasich, Nov 9, 2018.

1. My surface laptop keeps switching from Ethernet connection to WiFi while connected to my...

I have a Surface Laptop connected to a docking station (from Microsoft) that is hardwired to my network via Ethernet. Overnight it always seems to switch to WiFi and I have to reboot in order to get back to Ethernet hardwired connection.

:)

DennisVlasich, Nov 9, 2018
  2. msrdude Win User

Laptop ethernet keeps disconnecting and connecting

i just got my new internet, modem and router. The tech hooked up everything to and it works. Laptop is connected via ethernet. The internet keeps disconnecting and connecting like every 5 to 20 mins. It would have that yellow triangle on the bottom saying no internet, then either it will come back, or i would have to disconnect the ethernet cable and re-connect it to get internet connection again.
    - It is not the modem or the router as my wifi and my ps3 (which is connected via ethernet) never disconnects.
    - It is not the wire as i have replaced it.
    - It is not a damaged port on the router as i have switched to different ports.
    - I removed every power saver on the battery options as it could be reason
    I am out of ideas. Anyone know what could be the porblem? Could it be a bad ethernet line on my laptop?

msrdude, Nov 9, 2018
  3. Kane Win User
    Switching from ethernet connection to Wifi issue

i appreciate the reply, but i shouldn't have to buy anything like that if it used to work perfectly before an OS upgrade. all i'm doing really is trying to switch from an ethernet connection to a wifi connection. Range is not the issue here

Kane, Nov 9, 2018
  4. stevenc47 Win User

My surface laptop keeps switching from Ethernet connection to WiFi while connected to my...

Lan and wifi connection switching randomly

Am running Windows 10 homewith HP laptop. I am connected directly to my cable/phone modem and, also, have installed Netgear router connected to modem. My internet connection keeps on changing from LAN to Netgear wifi. It is bothersome when trying to download and surf. Not sure whether it's a Windows problem or Netgear problem. Any suggestions would be helpful.

stevenc47, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

My surface laptop keeps switching from Ethernet connection to WiFi while connected to my...

1. My surface laptop keeps switching from Ethernet connection to WiFi while connected to my... - Similar Threads - surface laptop keeps

2. Why does my laptop ethernet connection drop but wifi and ethernet connected tv don't?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my laptop ethernet connection drop but wifi and ethernet connected tv don't?: I have 3 routers as access points with a laptop and a tv connected via ethernet cables. Periodically the laptop's ethernet connection stops working and I have to reboot the main router - even though wifi is still working and the ethernet line to the tv still works. The router...
  3. Why does my laptop ethernet connection drop but wifi and ethernet connected tv don't?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my laptop ethernet connection drop but wifi and ethernet connected tv don't?: I have 3 routers as access points with a laptop and a tv connected via ethernet cables. Periodically the laptop's ethernet connection stops working and I have to reboot the main router - even though wifi is still working and the ethernet line to the tv still works. The router...
  4. Why does my laptop ethernet connection drop but wifi and ethernet connected tv don't?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Ethernet or Wifi connection

Ethernet or Wifi connection: If I am connected to the internet with both the ethernet and WIFI connections, how can I tell which one is in use?Is it possible that they are both being used?Will my PC automatically choose the better one?...
  6. Laptop connects to internet with Wifi, but not ethernet

Laptop connects to internet with Wifi, but not ethernet: Hello, I have been scouring the internet looking for a solution, but I can't find one. My issue is that I can connect to my network and internet perfectly fine with wifi, but when I connect my ethernet cable into my laptop's port, it will show me the correct SSID name for...
  7. Ethernet connection in surface laptop

Ethernet connection in surface laptop: I am not able to connect lan wire to surface laptop, I have updated the drive, when I connect the wire laptop restarts. Pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-connection-in-surface-laptop/ac64bc54-4ed9-472b-8fef-be0037006b3f
  8. My laptop keeps not connecting to the university wifi

My laptop keeps not connecting to the university wifi: I brought my laptop from Korea and while I was in Korea, it worked really well. Even after I arrived in U.S it worked pretty well with other types of wifi. Now I arrived at the university campus and I am having an issue with wifi connection. When I try to connect my laptop to...
  9. Charger keeps connecting and then disconnecting on my Laptop Surface

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Charger keeps connecting and then disconnecting on my Laptop Surface: When I plug in my charger, the charger will connect and disconnect so my laptop never fully charges. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/charger-keeps-connecting-and-then-disconnecting-on/b63bfe90-ffca-4109-a79b-bd1d45aa8f50
  10. Switching from ethernet connection to Wifi issue

Switching from ethernet connection to Wifi issue: Hi guys. Bit of a "first world problem" here i know but it is slightly irritating and really would appreciate any help There is 2 computers and 2 virgin superhubs in the house i live in (not both mine) both ethernet connected. Occasionally i have to unplug my superhub and...