Windows 10: My Surface Pro-4 cursor doesn't behave like a simple cursor

Discus and support My Surface Pro-4 cursor doesn't behave like a simple cursor in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; On my Surface Pro-4 the cursor doesn't behave like a cursor: It doesn't select the item when I move and click: it opens a box with three choices... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Douglie153, Dec 18, 2018.

1. My Surface Pro-4 cursor doesn't behave like a simple cursor

On my Surface Pro-4 the cursor doesn't behave like a cursor: It doesn't select the item when I move and click: it opens a box with three choices "select all - print - read aloud" but won't open anything or highlight, et cetera. It is maddening to have to put the cursor somewhere and then have to touch the screen to open something or begin typing or highlighting because the touch screen often fails to open something unless the cursor is brought to bear on the app. It is worse to have it start reading aloud. (Expletive deleted.) A wireless mouse used to give me ordinary cursor functioning but, while the Surface now acknowledges the presence of the mouse it does NOTHING at all (except chime when the dongle is removed.) I have a confidence that this is a 'setting' issue and that Surface is trying to do something wonderful and accommodating but it is driving me mad. (1) Is there a simple fix to make my cursor work simply and obediently? And (2) if I can only get functionality with a wireless mouse what must I do for the Surface to respond to it’s prompts?

:)

Douglie153, Dec 18, 2018
  2. AnandLad Win User

Surface Pro 4 mouse cursor not working properly

I am facing problem on Surface Pro 4 on screen at some point my mouse cursor is not working. How to resolve this issue is there any troubleshoot so I can try it to resolve the problem. Also I am using Windows 10 Version 1709 I did not update due to system
    hanging problem in new version 1803.

***Moved from Surface / Surface Pro 4 / Display and screen***

AnandLad, Dec 18, 2018
  3. Cursor flicker on surface pro 4 after installing 1803

Hello Michael,

A software conflict can cause this kind of issue in Windows. To determine which program is possibly causing the cursor to flicker, let's perform a clean boot. A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs.
    This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you use your Surface Pro 4. For the steps on how to perform a clean boot, please follow the steps under the section:
    How to perform a clean boot > Windows 10 in this support
    article
    . You can also watch our for more details.

NOTE: Please go to the section:
    Reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting to boot the PC in normal startup after fixing the issue.

If the cursor flicker issue occurs when you're using a Surface Type Cover or a USB keyboard, I suggest performing the troubleshooting steps found in this

article
    . You will need administrative permission to perform most of the troubleshooting steps outlined in this page.

Let me know the results.

Devlin Sco, Dec 18, 2018
  4. AliOrr Win User

My Surface Pro-4 cursor doesn't behave like a simple cursor

Surface Pro 3/Windows 10 cursor problem

I have a strange problem that just recently started to occur on my Surface Pro 3 (Windows 10). I think it started after an update put out in November.

If I'm navigating between open windows (using Alt+tab), if the cursor is not already positioned where the window is that I want to navigate to, it doesn't navigate to that window.

Also, if I click on a shortcut icon on the taskbar, as soon as I move the cursor to select something on the list for that shortcut, the list disappears.

I hope this makes sense! Very hard to explain in words. Any help is appreciated

AliOrr, Dec 18, 2018
Thema:

My Surface Pro-4 cursor doesn't behave like a simple cursor

1. My Surface Pro-4 cursor doesn't behave like a simple cursor - Similar Threads - Surface Pro cursor

2. Microsoft surface pro 4 Mouse cursor disappear

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft surface pro 4 Mouse cursor disappear: Microsoft surface pro 4 Mouse cursor disappear when it happen need to log off and login then cursor is visible windows update did successfully even Microsoft surface Arc mouse driver reinstalled Bluetooth driver update but still issue reoccur how i will...
  3. Bubble Display Issue in Surface Pro 4 due to which cursor is continuously blinking

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bubble Display Issue in Surface Pro 4 due to which cursor is continuously blinking: Hello, There is a bubble display coming on the home screen of my surface pro 4 due to which cursor is continuously blinking. I have been facing this issue for the past 6 months. Please find the screenshot of the same. [IMG] Please anyone look in to the issue. Regards,...
  4. Slingplayer doesn't work on Surface Pro 4

Slingplayer doesn't work on Surface Pro 4: My Slingplayer no longer works on my Surface Pro 4. I've ensured I have all windows updates and am using the latest version (updated multiple times to make sure) of both the web player and desktop player but cannot get slingplayer to work. I've seen previous posts advising...
  5. Cursor on Surface Pro 4 jumping around

Cursor on Surface Pro 4 jumping around: So i've had my surface pro 4 for about 2 years now, and have always experienced a problem with the cursor jumping around since day one. I know a lot of people in the past have posted about this same issue, however I haven't found a solution that works for me. I've tried...
  6. Problem with Screen Cursor (and keyboard) Surface Pro 4, Windows 10 Pro

Problem with Screen Cursor (and keyboard) Surface Pro 4, Windows 10 Pro: My cursor starts to flash and is difficult to use when it is flashing. It appears it has something to do with a transparent Semi Circle that appears in the upper part and slightly above the right end of the taskbar. If, using my finger, I touch the screen within the semi...
  7. Surface Pro 3 Cursor Disappears

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Pro 3 Cursor Disappears: This problem seems to be endemic. I keep thinking that each update will fix it, but it seems to be getting worse. My surface pro 3 now has a surface pro 4 type cover and I thought that would solve the problem but it hasn't. I don't use a mouse and use the touch pad...
  8. Surface Pro 4 doesn't start

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Pro 4 doesn't start: I installed the latest insider version 177738. One day later it suddenly stopped to work, doesn't respond. Keeping power button long enough down Windows menu disappears (system closes, i guess). After that i am not able to boot it anymore, even though i've tried every trick...
  9. Cursor flicker on surface pro 4 after installing 1803

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cursor flicker on surface pro 4 after installing 1803: Cursor flicker appeared after installing 1803. Reverting to 1709 did not resolve the flicker. Any advice? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/cursor-flicker-on-surface-pro-4-after-installing/d985ee8d-71b8-4963-b357-cf106794d487
  10. Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Surface Pro 4: Updates available Surface Pro 4. 57858