Windows 10: My Surface Pro 4 is stuck on the start up screen with the "Install Windows". Should I...

Discus and support My Surface Pro 4 is stuck on the start up screen with the "Install Windows". Should I... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Any ideas on what to do? My start up screen is a rotating dotted circle that continues to rotate, with the message "Install Windows: The computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ToddWynne, Nov 26, 2018.

1. ToddWynne Win User

My Surface Pro 4 is stuck on the start up screen with the "Install Windows". Should I...

Any ideas on what to do? My start up screen is a rotating dotted circle that continues to rotate, with the message "Install Windows: The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error...." I want to change everything back to factory settings. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance...

:)

ToddWynne, Nov 26, 2018

2. Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep

Hi, thank you. I could restart my surface pro 4 but still could not fix the Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep. I am still looking forward to hearing more suggestions to fix the black screen after sleep.

SokthearithYi, Nov 26, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 - April 5th 2017

Source: Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 (05 April 2017) Surface

See also:

Brink, Nov 26, 2018
  4. My Surface Pro 4 is stuck on the start up screen with the "Install Windows". Should I...

Surface Pro 4 Pen will not write on screen

My Surface Pro 4 Pen which I got with Surface Pro 4 has stopped writing. I can connect pen with Surface Pro 4 and and all works except I cannot write on screen.
    I suspect it is the tip of pen that does not work but cannot verify this.
    Please note tip is not broken.
    Before I purchase a tip kit can someone suggest what I can try to see if it is the tip or something else that is faulty.
    My surface Pro 4 is up to date with all updates including BIOS updates. I use a Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.
    Thank you.

jaburmester, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

My Surface Pro 4 is stuck on the start up screen with the "Install Windows". Should I...

1. My Surface Pro 4 is stuck on the start up screen with the "Install Windows". Should I... - Similar Threads - Surface Pro stuck

2. Installing Windows 2004 on Surface Pro 4.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Windows 2004 on Surface Pro 4.: I have a Surface Pro 4 i5, 4GB running Windows 10 1809 and I was wondering if I can install Windows 10 2004 without having any issues? Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-windows-2004-on-surface-pro-4/a8ef6acf-e4df-4891-a46a-d491d7659d25
  3. Surface PRO 4 Screen Flicker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface PRO 4 Screen Flicker: Hello ISSUE # 1 I need some help regarding the screen flickering issue on Surface Pro 4. Since last week it's been happend that after using Skype Vedio call for 3-4 hrs on my Surface, the screen started to get shaky/flicker. When the call ended the screen stop to flickker...
  4. Surface Pro 4 Screen Crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Pro 4 Screen Crashing: Hi, I purchased a Surface Pro 4 a few years ago, I can't remember exactly when, but I do know that it's out of warranty now. When I'm on it for a while not a long time, maybe an hour minimum, the monitor acts weird. The lights behind the screen start to flash weirdly, &...
  5. Surface Pro 4 blurry screen

Surface Pro 4 blurry screen: I have a Surface Pro 4 running Windows 10. Everything was working fine and then my screen started shaking up and down really fast and now is blurry. Every thing is blurry. The loading page, websites, the main screen. I have tried restarting, updating and running the...
  6. Jumpy Surface Pro 4 Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Jumpy Surface Pro 4 Screen: My Surface Pro 4 has been having issues with a jumpy screen for a while now, but for the first several months the issue would go away upon restarting. Now it happens all the time. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with how hot the computer gets, the blurriness remains...
  7. Windows 1809 Started the install on Surface Pro 4 but it stopped and the update screen...

Windows 1809 Started the install on Surface Pro 4 but it stopped and the update screen...: It started the download of 1809 and I walked away. Came back twenty minutes later and the update page was no longer open. Tried update again and it said it's updated. It didn't complete the update or state the RESTART NOW. Update history lists 1809 and states RESTART...
  8. Surface Pro 4 screen flicker

Surface Pro 4 screen flicker: Hi, My surface pro 4 screen seems to flicker very badly when the surface is heated. Is there a way to resolve this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/surface-pro-4-screen-flicker/ae06ccda-4e7d-4249-9554-09ada6f80c7f
  9. Surface Pro 4 doesn't start

Surface Pro 4 doesn't start: I installed the latest insider version 177738. One day later it suddenly stopped to work, doesn't respond. Keeping power button long enough down Windows menu disappears (system closes, i guess). After that i am not able to boot it anymore, even though i've tried every trick...
  10. Surface pro 4 screen

Surface pro 4 screen: Hi, My sp4 had this flickering issue for a while, and I found out that there is a chance for replacement if it is within 3 years from the purchase, so I wonder where can I check the purchase date (I lost the receipt). Also, there is no way to fix this? Some people says it...