Windows 10: My surface pro 5 fails to sleep and wake up

Discus and support My surface pro 5 fails to sleep and wake up in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, Recently I have been finding that when I wake my surface pro up from sleeping, it has rebooted and things like my Hyper-V VM has not been shut... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by AndrewDavison4, Jan 30, 2019.

1. My surface pro 5 fails to sleep and wake up

Hi,

Recently I have been finding that when I wake my surface pro up from sleeping, it has rebooted and things like my Hyper-V VM has not been shut down gracefully.

Is there any reason this would be happening? I have checked my update history and there has not been an update that has triggered an update (and, in any event, I would expect that an update would restart gracefully by shutting down active VMs etc).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Andrew

:)

AndrewDavison4, Jan 30, 2019

2. Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep

Hi, thank you. I could restart my surface pro 4 but still could not fix the Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep. I am still looking forward to hearing more suggestions to fix the black screen after sleep.

SokthearithYi, Jan 30, 2019
  3. ahmd Win User
    Waking surface pro from sleep

Can someone show how to wake a Surface Pro with Window 10 installed from sleep to run a scheduled task? it seems like Connected Standby mode disables all desktop apps from waking it from a sleep mode. For instance, a task in the task scheduler to wake up is simply ignored until I manually wake it up.

4. My surface pro 5 fails to sleep and wake up

Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply and updating on the status.

I suggest you to perform a Power Drain by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Hold the power button down 20-30 seconds.
    • Hold the volume rocker up and power on for almost 15 seconds.
    • After you release the buttons, wait 10 seconds.
    • Press and release the power button to turn your Surface back on.

Also, refer the post by Josh_F from the link provided below:

Surface Pro 4 - Screen won't wake from sleep

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 30, 2019
Thema:

My surface pro 5 fails to sleep and wake up

1. My surface pro 5 fails to sleep and wake up - Similar Threads - surface pro fails

2. Surface Pro 8 wakes up alone

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Pro 8 wakes up alone: This is extremely frustrating. I put my surface pro in my backpack fully charged and when I get it back the battery has been drained to 50%.The light of the screen even wakes me up in the middle of the night for no reason.* There are no BIOS "USB wake up" options.* The Power...
  3. Surface Pro 8 wakes up alone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro 8 wakes up alone: This is extremely frustrating. I put my surface pro in my backpack fully charged and when I get it back the battery has been drained to 50%.The light of the screen even wakes me up in the middle of the night for no reason.* There are no BIOS "USB wake up" options.* The Power...
  4. Surface Pro 8 wakes up alone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Surface Pro 5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro 5: Doing the windows 11 update via USB it states that processor is not compatible. The computer is only 3 years old, not sure I would buy another if it is out of date that quick!Its not like it is a ASUS or Dell laptop, it is a Microsoft product. Why haven't you continued...
  6. Surface Pro 5

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Pro 5: Doing the windows 11 update via USB it states that processor is not compatible. The computer is only 3 years old, not sure I would buy another if it is out of date that quick!Its not like it is a ASUS or Dell laptop, it is a Microsoft product. Why haven't you continued...
  7. Surface Pro 7 crashes when waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 7 crashes when waking up from sleep: Happened four times during one month. SP7 is docked to an external monitor via USB C, plugged to its own power adapter. Surface display is turned off due to the cover keyboard being closed. Using wireless keyboard and mouse via usb dongle Microsoft Wireless Desktop 900....
  8. Surface Pro 5 Sleep Issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Surface Pro 5 Sleep Issues: My Surface Pro 5 will not sleep, nor will the display turn off, automatically, though I can do both manually. I have checked and adjusted the power and sleep settings and confirmed that the device should sleeping, and that its display should be turned off, after a short...
  9. Waking surface pro from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Waking surface pro from sleep: Can someone show how to wake a Surface Pro with Window 10 installed from sleep to run a scheduled task? it seems like Connected Standby mode disables all desktop apps from waking it from a sleep mode. For instance, a task in the task scheduler to wake up is simply ignored...
  10. Surface Pro sleep/wake buttion

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro sleep/wake buttion: i just installed W10TP (9926) on my surfacepro. i got everything working but the sleep/wake button i got the driver pack but the device manager says everything is good... do you know where i can find the driver? Thanks! 4302

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to- wake surface-pro from sleep

2. surface pro fails wake up

3. how to wake up a surface pro 5

4. surface pro 5 sleep bsod,
  5. surface pro 5 wake up problem