Windows 10: My surface pro 6 type cover keyboard is not working

Discus and support My surface pro 6 type cover keyboard is not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The problem started around mid 2019 but it would come and go. When it started, all I had to do was detached the keyboard and reattach it and start back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by IsaiahCarter1, May 22, 2020.

1. My surface pro 6 type cover keyboard is not working

The problem started around mid 2019 but it would come and go. When it started, all I had to do was detached the keyboard and reattach it and start back working. Then the problem became more progressive and started to happen more often so I will try to restart the device and the problem will go away. Then it became more frequent and around February this year it completely stopped working.

I have looked up many different fixes such as updating the device , starting the device by booting into theUEFI screen but that didn't work. I even tried resetting the device but that did not fix the problem either. I've also cleaned metal connectors/pins with rubbing alcohol and a cotton swab as suggested. That too did not work. I've visited the Microsoft download center for recent surface pro 6 firmware updates countless times to see if updating it with those .msi files would solve the problem but it didn't. I have applied every fix that I could come across since the problem came up with the surface pro 3 and none of them seem to work. I'm hoping that somebody sees this discussion and can offer some sort of fix. As someone whose career is focused in computer science that deals with a lot of programming, it really hinders my work.

Literally use the onscreen keyboard dictation feature to describe the problem. Thank you for your time and I really hope I can get this problem solved as soon as possible. The alternative would be to get a whole new laptop but I don't want to and I also can't since I'm a full-time student. Plus I really like my surface pro 6. Note that I've only had the device for about a year and a half.

:)

IsaiahCarter1, May 22, 2020
  2. Roger Win User

MS Surface Keyboard Cover not recognized by MS Surface Pro 3

My Surface Pro 3 cover mysteriously stopped working (other USB keyboards work).

I’ve exhausted all of the steps from the Internet and am hoping for some advice here on what to try next.

A breakdown of the steps I've done to sometimes get it working

• Leave Surface Pro 3 on about 2 hours on battery only.
    • Power on Surface Pro 3.
    • Working Keyboard.
    • Turn off Surface Pro 3 (or reboot)
    • Keyboard not working anymore
    • Another similar user here - Surface 3 type cover issue

Can anyone recommend any other troubleshooting steps? One of these steps seemed to work ok for others having this same problem.

Roger, May 22, 2020
  3. Surface Pro 4 Type Cover not working after Anniversary Update

Holy hell this worked for me! Can't say how may different "fixes" I tried for this and was just short of sending my Surface Pro 4 off for repair but this worked. No Surface Type Covers (With or without fingerprint scanner) worked but now all Touch Covers are working again.

I wasn't quite ready to give up the Pro 4, so now I get to keep it a little while longer.

Thank you!

almighty1977, May 22, 2020
  4. ellflo Win User

My surface pro 6 type cover keyboard is not working

Surface Pro 4 Type Cover not working after Anniversary Update

Register an account for this one. Just to let you know it worked for me!

ellflo, May 22, 2020
Thema:

My surface pro 6 type cover keyboard is not working

1. My surface pro 6 type cover keyboard is not working - Similar Threads - surface pro type

2. Surface Type Cover keyboard malfunctioning!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Type Cover keyboard malfunctioning!: My Surface Pro 5 type cover keyboard is suddenly malfunctioning. Pressing “c” turns up the screen brightness f2 and tries to launch Cortana. Pressing “enter”shows screen brightness without increasing or decreasing it, then returns $ and carriage return. I can no longer use my...
  3. Surface Type Cover keyboard malfunctioning!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Type Cover keyboard malfunctioning!: My Surface Pro 5 type cover keyboard is suddenly malfunctioning. Pressing “c” turns up the screen brightness f2 and tries to launch Cortana. Pressing “enter”shows screen brightness without increasing or decreasing it, then returns $ and carriage return. I can no longer use my...
  4. Surface Type Cover keyboard malfunctioning!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Surface Pro 8 - Type Cover

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Pro 8 - Type Cover: Is the Surface Pro 8 with Windows 11 compatible with the Type Cover I have for my Surface Pro 4? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-8-type-cover/bf683ef6-108f-40bb-b7f6-cdb5901a8500
  6. Surface Pro 8 - Type Cover

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro 8 - Type Cover: Is the Surface Pro 8 with Windows 11 compatible with the Type Cover I have for my Surface Pro 4? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-8-type-cover/bf683ef6-108f-40bb-b7f6-cdb5901a8500
  7. How to enable typing keyboard cover for Surface Pro

How to enable typing keyboard cover for Surface Pro: Accidentally disabled my typing keyboard cover. How do I enable it and stop using pop up keyboard. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-typing-keyboard-cover-for-surface/4ccc550f-3b3a-48fa-8292-e9e710dbe9d7
  8. Surface Pro 6 keyboard not working

Surface Pro 6 keyboard not working: I have a surface pro four, and the keyboard it came with that I've been using since I got it suddenly started acting up, about an hour ago. It just turned off and won't turn back on, even though I've done what others have suggested for similar problems force restarts,...
  9. My surface pro 6 type cover keyboardAlcantara version stopped working

My surface pro 6 type cover keyboardAlcantara version stopped working: The problem started around mid 2019 but it would come and go. When it started, all I had to do was detached the keyboard and reattach it and start back working. Then the problem became more progressive and started to happen more often so I will try to restart the device and...
  10. Surface Pro 4 Type Cover

Surface Pro 4 Type Cover: Recently, I have been trying to use my Surface Pro 4 with the keyboard cover, but the keyboard cover has been unresponsive. I have tried everything on your troubleshoot page for the keyboard cover from the two-button shut down to cleaning it to updating and resetting my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. keyboard cover surface pro 6

2. surface pro 6 correct keyboard driver