Windows 10: My Surface Pro 6 will not shut down

Discus and support My Surface Pro 6 will not shut down in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My Surface Pro 6, running Windows 10, is stuck on the sign out screen. Little circle just keeps swirling and swirling. I have tried holding down the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Judygold47, Aug 10, 2020.

1. My Surface Pro 6 will not shut down

My Surface Pro 6, running Windows 10, is stuck on the sign out screen. Little circle just keeps swirling and swirling. I have tried holding down the power button. The screen flickers, but nothing else happens. I have removed the power cord, the external drive and the micro SD card. It still won't let me shut it down. When this happened earlier, I was able to shut it down, after holding the power button and the Windows key for about 10 seconds. l waited a minute and then restarted it. It got stuck moving photos to external drive both times.

Any suggestions?
    Thanks

Judy

:)

Judygold47, Aug 10, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

New Surface Pro 5 and Surface Pro 6 firmware for Windows 10 - Aug. 29 Surface

Source:

Brink, Aug 10, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    New Surface Pro 5 and Surface Pro 6 firmware for Windows 10 - Aug. 29

Source:

Brink, Aug 10, 2020
  4. My Surface Pro 6 will not shut down

Surface pro 6 does not charge beyond 68%

Hi everyone,

For the last 6 months or so, I have noticed that y Surface Pro 6 (with Windows 10 Enterprise) is not charging beyond 68%. Its says 'plugged in' but does not charge the battery. It also gets very hot, feels like the battery is resisting
    the charge or something. The fan is also turned on.

I have performed the following actions:

• Removed the Microsoft ACPI battery and reinstalled it
    • Changed the surface charger to a colleagues' one

Both did not help.

Can anyone suggest a solution?

Warm Regards,

Shiv

***Moved from: Windows 10 / Performance & system failures***

ShivaramVenkatesh, Aug 10, 2020
Thema:

My Surface Pro 6 will not shut down

1. My Surface Pro 6 will not shut down - Similar Threads - Surface Pro shut

2. Surface Pro 6 Brightness

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 6 Brightness: I am unable to change my brightness! At 0 or 100 the brightness is the same, I have tried Powershell admin scan, updating drivers, going into power setting and into the display adaptors but nothing works. My computer is also up to date so there are no new updates, any help...
  3. Microsoft Surface Pro 7 - Shutting Down Without Warning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Surface Pro 7 - Shutting Down Without Warning: I've had my Surface Pro 7 for just over 2 months now and I recently started to notice that, while disconnected from power, the battery has been draining significantly faster. Not to mention, my device will occasionally shut down for no reason if I leave it idle for more than...
  4. Windows Server 2016 on my Surface Pro 6

Windows Server 2016 on my Surface Pro 6: I’ve installed Windows Server 2016 alongside my existing windows 10 on my surface pro 6. However when booting into the server 2016, i cant connect to the wireless network anymore. If i open device manager only Ethernet shows up. Wireless is missing. I tried going to Server...
  5. Surface displays "Shutting Down"

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Surface displays "Shutting Down": My Surface Pro is one of the originals. It is running Windows 10 Pro Insider. For the last hour it has been displaying "Shutting Down" with the dotted wheel circulating. If I switch off the power, the same message shows when I repower the unit. Any suggestions for getting...
  6. Surface Pro 6 Crash

Surface Pro 6 Crash: Hi there, My Surface Pro 6 crashed and needed to restart. I was playing Two Point Hospital at the time and was hoping a hardware issue could be ruled out? This blue screen also happened when I was changing screen resolutions when playing The Sims 4 a few months ago. I'm...
  7. Surface Pro on dock screen shutting down randomly

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface Pro on dock screen shutting down randomly: I have a Surface Pro with an external monitor connected via DP using the Surface Dock and with the lid shut, randomly and the monitor screen goes blank. I will get this error "Surface Tcon Driver TP Read fails, Status = 0xc0000186" in the event log. The power settings are set...
  8. Surface Pro continually shutting down

Surface Pro continually shutting down: My surface Pro continually shuts down every two minutes or less regardless of sleep and shut down times selected for battery and plugged in operation. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-continually-shutting-down/e37063eb-d33c-41a4-893f-202467a342a3
  9. Surface Pro 6?

Surface Pro 6?: What DVD CD external unit is recommended for my new Surface Pro 6? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-6/ae634952-a688-4247-85d7-780381370a9a
  10. After Startup and login my Surface 4 Pro shuts down

After Startup and login my Surface 4 Pro shuts down: Blue screen stating a error has occurred and then needs to restart. It restarts, log on and it works fine for the rest of your session. The restart takes 2-3 times longer than it normal startup time and also after you input your password , this also takes longer and is not...