Windows 10: My surface pro sevens hardrive is bitlocker encrypted. How can I recover it?

Discus and support My surface pro sevens hardrive is bitlocker encrypted. How can I recover it? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,I wanted to boot a linux os from USB for doing an exam from home, to do this I had to access the BIOS of my surface pro, and allow it to boot from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by StuartHolt3, Jan 24, 2022.

1. My surface pro sevens hardrive is bitlocker encrypted. How can I recover it?

Hi,I wanted to boot a linux os from USB for doing an exam from home, to do this I had to access the BIOS of my surface pro, and allow it to boot from USB. Once I had done this, and removed USB to return to windows my hard drive has been encrypted by bitlocker. I had never activated bitlocker before and so do not have the key to unlock it.I have followed all the Microsoft advice, but they are taking me around in circles telling me to check my online account for my key. But when I go there it's not been backed up there -because I never set this up.I have tried to reinstall windows, but when it c

:)

StuartHolt3, Jan 24, 2022
Thema:

My surface pro sevens hardrive is bitlocker encrypted. How can I recover it?

1. My surface pro sevens hardrive is bitlocker encrypted. How can I recover it? - Similar Threads - surface pro sevens

2. BitLocker crashed while encrypting a boot drive, how can I recover it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker crashed while encrypting a boot drive, how can I recover it?: I'm running Win11 Pro, everything is up to date and I was encrypting a 1tb SSD boot drive. I decided to enable BitLocker on my boot drive. While enabling it I received a message saying that it may slow the computer down while using it. "No big deal" I thought, since I was...
  3. BitLocker crashed while encrypting a boot drive, how can I recover it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BitLocker crashed while encrypting a boot drive, how can I recover it?: I'm running Win11 Pro, everything is up to date and I was encrypting a 1tb SSD boot drive. I decided to enable BitLocker on my boot drive. While enabling it I received a message saying that it may slow the computer down while using it. "No big deal" I thought, since I was...
  4. How can i recover my encrypted drive used bitlocker despite i lost the key ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can i recover my encrypted drive used bitlocker despite i lost the key ?: Hello,I am having trouble recovering my BitLocker drives. I have tried all of the steps in the BitLocker recovery guide, but I am still unable to unlock my drives. Can you please help me?Unfortunately I don't have my BitLocker recovery key , I lost it while resetting my...
  5. How can i recover my encrypted drive used bitlocker despite i lost the key ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i recover my encrypted drive used bitlocker despite i lost the key ?: Hello,I am having trouble recovering my BitLocker drives. I have tried all of the steps in the BitLocker recovery guide, but I am still unable to unlock my drives. Can you please help me?Unfortunately I don't have my BitLocker recovery key , I lost it while resetting my...
  6. How can i recover my encrypted drive used bitlocker despite i lost the key ?

7. Recovering BitLocker encrypted partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovering BitLocker encrypted partition: HiI had a drive partition "E" encrypted with BitLocker. My laptop broke and I had to swap the disk on a new laptop. Is there any way to recover data from that encrypted partition?It shows as an empty partition on the new laptop and I can also add more data to it, I don't know...
  8. Recovering BitLocker encrypted partition

Recovering BitLocker encrypted partition: HiI had a drive partition "E" encrypted with BitLocker. My laptop broke and I had to swap the disk on a new laptop. Is there any way to recover data from that encrypted partition?It shows as an empty partition on the new laptop and I can also add more data to it, I don't know...
  9. Hardrive Encryption Help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hardrive Encryption Help: Hello, I have been trying to enable encryption for my hardrive and recieve this error message? Device Encryption Support Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: Hardware Security Test Interface failed and the device is not Modern Standby, Disabled by policy Any ideas...
  10. My surface pro sevens hardrive is bitlocker encrypted. How can I recover it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My surface pro sevens hardrive is bitlocker encrypted. How can I recover it?: Hi,I wanted to boot a linux os from USB for doing an exam from home, to do this I had to access the BIOS of my surface pro, and allow it to boot from USB. Once I had done this, and removed USB to return to windows my hard drive has been encrypted by bitlocker. I had never...