Windows 10: My surface pro starts flashing after the surface logo and does not boot

Discus and support My surface pro starts flashing after the surface logo and does not boot in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Please help I tried starting up my surface yesterday and all i got after the Surface logo and spinning wheel was several flashes then nothing.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MaryO'ConnorTM, Nov 10, 2019.

1. My surface pro starts flashing after the surface logo and does not boot

Please help

I tried starting up my surface yesterday and all i got after the Surface logo and spinning wheel was several flashes then nothing.

luckily i was not conducting training with my laptop that day but i do need it on thursday

With a little research I found my way into Command prompt and tried chkdsk c: /r /x. As well as bootec/fixmbr /fixboot /scanos /rebuildbcd

it says total identified windows installations :0

also tried resetting but it says there is not enough room on the disk

the only thing i havent tried is using a usb recovery but i dont have another Windows 10 device to create one.
    HELP!

:)

MaryO'ConnorTM, Nov 10, 2019

2. Surface Pro (5th Gen) stuck on Surface logo at boot

Still no luck.

From the linked instructions:

Configure your Surface to start from a USB device

Once your USB drive is set up as a bootable drive with an appropriate operating system on it, you’ll need to set up your Surface to boot from this drive. This requires you to make changes in the UEFI so that the USB drive is the first option:

• Shut down your Surface.
    • Once Surface has turned off, press and hold the volume-up button.
    • With the volume-up button held down, press and release the power button.
    • Continue holding the volume-up button until the Surface or Windows logo no longer appears on the screen.
    • You should now see the Surface UEFI .
    • At this step, after a few seconds the Surface logo appears again. The same thing happens if I try with the USB stick inserted and use the volume down button. It
      looks like the tablet is not fully shutting down, rather going into sleep mode. Holding the power button down for over 30 seconds seems to make no difference.

RogerChevis, Nov 10, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, My surface pro starts flashing after the surface logo and does not boot :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, Nov 10, 2019
  4. My surface pro starts flashing after the surface logo and does not boot

Problem updating Windows Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 feature updates

Hi,

I have manage to install image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 by going to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...erecoveryimage and download a recovery image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4.

What I did to reset your Surface from a USB recovery drive was:
    Step 1: Make sure your Surface is turned off and plugged in (hold down the power
    button for 30 seconds).
    Step 2: Insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port on your Surface.
    Step 3: Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the
    power button on your Surface.
    Step 4: When the Surface logo appears, release the volume button.
    Step 5: When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want.
    Step 6: Select Troubleshoot > Reset your PC.
    If prompted for a recovery key, select Skip this drive at the bottom of the
    screen.
    Step 7: Select the target operating system you wish to reset. This
    refers to the current operating system installed on your Surface.
    Step 8: Select Yes, repartition the drives, and on the next page, select Next.
    Step 9: Choose Just remove my files.
    Step 10: Select Reset.
    Surface restarts and the Surface logo displays while the reset process continues
    (this can take a while).

This always fails and I have to do the below which continues installation.
    Windows 10 Installation Media:

1. Insert the Media (DVD/USB) in your PC and restart.
    2. Boot from the media.
    3. Select Repair Your Computer.
    Select Troubleshoot.

1. Choose Command Prompt from the menu:
    Type in the command:
    Diskpart
    Type in the command:
    List disk (Note which disk is your Boot drive number mine is 0)
    Type in the command:
    Sel disk 0
    Type in the command:
    List vol (Note which volume is the EFI partition mine is 4)
    Type in the command:
    Sel vol 4
    Type in the command:
    assign letter=V:
    Type in the command:
    Exit
    Type in the command:
    V:
    After you have assigned a drive letter Using Diskpart You can format the EFI partition:
    Example: if you assigned a letter V to the partition the command would be:
    format V: /FS:FAT32
    Type in the command:
    bcdboot C:\windows /s V: /f UEFI

Now I have an issue that I cannot install Feature Updates. They keep failing to install.
    Any ideas how to resolve issue?

jaburmester, Nov 10, 2019
Thema:

My surface pro starts flashing after the surface logo and does not boot

1. My surface pro starts flashing after the surface logo and does not boot - Similar Threads - surface pro starts

2. surface rt does not turn on after flashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    surface rt does not turn on after flashing: Good afternoon! I bought an old surface rt for myself, decided to flash it, put it on flashing and its battery ran out, after that I damaged it, and now when it starts, it turns on for 30 seconds on the logo and turns off again, I tried to flash it again, but nothing comes...
  3. surface rt does not turn on after flashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    surface rt does not turn on after flashing: Good afternoon! I bought an old surface rt for myself, decided to flash it, put it on flashing and its battery ran out, after that I damaged it, and now when it starts, it turns on for 30 seconds on the logo and turns off again, I tried to flash it again, but nothing comes...
  4. Surface Pro 9 stuck on logo after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro 9 stuck on logo after update: Month back got my Surface Pro 9 on bestbuy. Recently my tablet received latest update and stuck on the boot logo. At first I tried to reboot but end up in MS Logo plus spinning cursor, after 3 hours of waiting I force it to reboot by holding power button. This cause Logo at...
  5. Surface Pro 9 stuck on logo after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Pro 9 stuck on logo after update: Month back got my Surface Pro 9 on bestbuy. Recently my tablet received latest update and stuck on the boot logo. At first I tried to reboot but end up in MS Logo plus spinning cursor, after 3 hours of waiting I force it to reboot by holding power button. This cause Logo at...
  6. Surface pro X does not boot past windows logo after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface pro X does not boot past windows logo after update: Surface pro X does not boot past windows logo after update, ran first batch of updates after pulling out of the box, system rebooted, went through a firmware update, rebooted again, will not pass the windows logocan't even get into the bios of the system. any help would be...
  7. Windows won't boot past the surface/windows logo on surface pro, and won't boot to USB.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows won't boot past the surface/windows logo on surface pro, and won't boot to USB.: I recently reset my Surface Pro 4 through the recovery mode because I lost the password. It got stuck at the windows logo during the process and I forced a shutdown but now when I start my surface it is stuck at the white surface/windows logo and won't boot to a USB so I can...
  8. Surface Pro will not start

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Pro will not start: My local sign in pin OR password no longer work. Error message: Incorrect password I was connecting the Surface Pro to my TV when this happened. The mouse quit working at the same time. What can I do to remedy this?...
  9. Surface Pro (5th Gen) stuck on Surface logo at boot

Surface Pro (5th Gen) stuck on Surface logo at boot: Hi All, My Surface Pro is stuck at the Surface logo when booting. This happened after the latest Windows update and appears to be a driver issue. After about 15 - 20 seconds it reboots back to the logo and repeats until the battery dies. I've tried recovery with the...
  10. Surface Pro frozen on Surface pro logo on bootup

Surface Pro frozen on Surface pro logo on bootup: Hi In our office, there are a number of Surface Pro 4 have restarted after a update but are stuck on Surface Pro logo after bitlocker Anyone experienced anything such?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows surface flashing Windows logo

2. surface pro wont turn on windows logo blinking

3. surface pro keeps flashing windows logo

4. surface pro 7 flashing windows logo,
  5. surface logo flashing,
  6. surface pro 7 windows logo flickering,
  7. surface pro just flashes surface