Windows 10: My Surface Pro wakes up other PC on my local network without a reason

Discus and support My Surface Pro wakes up other PC on my local network without a reason in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In short: my Surface Pro, whenever I unlock it at home, it wakes my other desktop PC through WOL. Don't get me wrong, the feature is cool: whenever I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CodySlay, Jan 26, 2019.

1. CodySlay Win User

My Surface Pro wakes up other PC on my local network without a reason

In short: my Surface Pro, whenever I unlock it at home, it wakes my other desktop PC through WOL.

Don't get me wrong, the feature is cool: whenever I need to access that PC on my local network Windows sends a WOL package if the computer appears to be offline. The problem is that it also happens accidentally, when I just unlock my Surface Pro and without having any windows opened that points at that remote PC.

On the remote PC I can see in Event Viewer that it was woke up by an "unknown origin". I don't know what to look for on the Surface Pro Event Viewer to understand which process sends the WOL request.

I'm opened to any ideas here!
    Thanks!

:)

CodySlay, Jan 26, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Wake on LAN Support for Surface

Source: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/...t-for-surface/

Brink, Jan 26, 2019
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Surface Pro 4 Log in issues

Hello Bex,

For us to help you suggest steps to resolve the issue, we would like to know some information:

• Did you get any error messages when signing in to your account?
    • Have you made any significant changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried to login using a different Microsoft account or local account on the computer?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps provided by Ashish Sondhi on this

link

Post us back with the result.

Remon Ont, Jan 26, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Firmware updates available for Surface Pro and Surface Pro 2

Surface Pro

Source: Microsoft Surface Pro update history | Surface firmware updates

Surface Pro 2

Source: Microsoft Surface Pro 2 update history | Surface firmware updates

Brink, Jan 26, 2019
Thema:

1. My Surface Pro wakes up other PC on my local network without a reason - Similar Threads - Surface Pro wakes

2. Surface Pro 8 wakes up alone

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Pro 8 wakes up alone: This is extremely frustrating. I put my surface pro in my backpack fully charged and when I get it back the battery has been drained to 50%.The light of the screen even wakes me up in the middle of the night for no reason.* There are no BIOS "USB wake up" options.* The Power...
  3. Surface Pro 8 wakes up alone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro 8 wakes up alone: This is extremely frustrating. I put my surface pro in my backpack fully charged and when I get it back the battery has been drained to 50%.The light of the screen even wakes me up in the middle of the night for no reason.* There are no BIOS "USB wake up" options.* The Power...
  4. Surface Pro 8 wakes up alone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Surface Pro Wake On Lan

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Surface Pro Wake On Lan: Hi all I am on a Surface Pro 6 running the 20H2 Windows 10 build. Plugged into Surface dock with ethernet cable and AC always powered. Trying to get Wake On Lan working on it. Have installed the WOL driver from Microsoft here:...
  6. My PC is overheating without a proper reason

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC is overheating without a proper reason: So this is my PC: https://www.alza.cz/EN/gaming/acer-nitro-5-shale-black-levne-d5343275.htm This is what's happening my Pc has 90°C at like 5% of CPU use. I tried to fix this problem by resetting my PC to factory settings but its still happening. [ATTACH] Thanks...
  7. Waking-up other PC

Waking-up other PC: My two PC's (A and B) are part of the home network. A has access to folders on B, no problem. The power settings on B are balanced. After a certain time B will go in the sleep (or energy saving) mode. In that situation, A is not able anymore to wake-up B (before some Windows...
  8. Cannot access my PC from other OCs on local network

Cannot access my PC from other OCs on local network: I have a weird Win10 network problem. I have 2 Win10 PCs, 2 Win10 laptops, 2 NAS (Linux), and a Win10 tablet on my local network. My PC can access all the others but the others cannot access my PC. This is a new problem and I have no idea why that is happening. The...
  9. My surface pro 5 fails to sleep and wake up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My surface pro 5 fails to sleep and wake up: Hi, Recently I have been finding that when I wake my surface pro up from sleeping, it has rebooted and things like my Hyper-V VM has not been shut down gracefully. Is there any reason this would be happening? I have checked my update history and there has not been an...
  10. My PC wake up by itself randomly with unknown reason.

in Windows 10 Support
    My PC wake up by itself randomly with unknown reason.: [img] [img] There is a wake time of Acronis True Image, but I have already disabled wake timer in control panel [img] [img] Wake on Lan has been disabled in BIOS. and network adapter driver. [img] I have unchecked all option in driver. The problem...