Windows 10: My SurfaceGo will not boot past Windows logo

Discus and support My SurfaceGo will not boot past Windows logo in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; A couple of weeks ago my trusty SurfaceGo1 which I've had for 3 years started getting a regular BSOD. The error message I kept seeing in the logs was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by KP_123KP, Jan 25, 2022.

1. KP_123KP Win User

My SurfaceGo will not boot past Windows logo

A couple of weeks ago my trusty SurfaceGo1 which I've had for 3 years started getting a regular BSOD. The error message I kept seeing in the logs was it was volmgr161.After a week of not being able to work on my machine for more than 10 minutes without a BSOD, I decided to do a fresh install of Windows. Now this was all going very well until I had to start inputting user names and wifi password when suddenly, the machine shut down.Since then, the machine will not boot up. I switch it on, I get a black screen with the 4 squares windows and that's it. I've read the Microsoft help pages about

:)

KP_123KP, Jan 25, 2022

2. Windows boot logo,

Hi

Tried with suggested steps but not succeed,

still can see HP boot logo

Please suggest

AmardeepBhingardeve, Jan 25, 2022
  3. topgundcp Win User
    MSI bios boot logo (frozen?)

If you have any USB device connected, disconnect for now.
    Go into BIOS:
    1. At boot time, the BIOS is checking for all devices attached to the PC, turn off the MSI boot logo under boot menu so you can see the text displayed of each step and note which device is hanging.
    2. Under Advance->Windows 8/8.1/10: Enable MSI Fast Boot so that BIOS will bypass checking most devices that are none essential for booting. This will improve the boot process. Note that this is different from fast boot that you set in Windows.
    Some third party drivers that you downloaded from the MSI website might not be up to date, try to download the latest driver(s) from the original manufacturers such Intel Chip Set, Network driver etc....

topgundcp, Jan 25, 2022
  4. Bree Win User

Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

Thema:

1. My SurfaceGo will not boot past Windows logo - Similar Threads - SurfaceGo boot past

2. PC wont boot past windows logo

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC wont boot past windows logo: As stated in the title, my pc wont boot up past the windows logo, it simply stays lit black, I’ve tried waiting up to 20 minutes just to see if it would boot. I can boot it into safe mode though advanced repair wasn’t working. I know that the boot is failing though as my...
  3. PC wont boot past windows logo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC wont boot past windows logo: As stated in the title, my pc wont boot up past the windows logo, it simply stays lit black, I’ve tried waiting up to 20 minutes just to see if it would boot. I can boot it into safe mode though advanced repair wasn’t working. I know that the boot is failing though as my...
  4. PC wont boot past windows logo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My SurfaceGo will not boot past Windows logo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My SurfaceGo will not boot past Windows logo: A couple of weeks ago my trusty SurfaceGo1 which I've had for 3 years started getting a regular BSOD. The error message I kept seeing in the logs was it was volmgr161.After a week of not being able to work on my machine for more than 10 minutes without a BSOD, I decided to do...
  6. My SurfaceGo will not boot past Windows logo

My SurfaceGo will not boot past Windows logo: A couple of weeks ago my trusty SurfaceGo1 which I've had for 3 years started getting a regular BSOD. The error message I kept seeing in the logs was it was volmgr161.After a week of not being able to work on my machine for more than 10 minutes without a BSOD, I decided to do...
  7. PC can't boot past Windows logo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC can't boot past Windows logo: So a couple weeks ago there was a spill on my computer that caused it to shut off on its own, and wouldn't boot back up. After replacing the motherboard I was able to get it to turn on, but it wouldn't boot past the windows logo sometimes would say automatic repair but would...
  8. PC can't boot past Windows logo

PC can't boot past Windows logo: So a couple weeks ago there was a spill on my computer that caused it to shut off on its own, and wouldn't boot back up. After replacing the motherboard I was able to get it to turn on, but it wouldn't boot past the windows logo sometimes would say automatic repair but would...
  9. laptop will not boot past logo

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    laptop will not boot past logo: I have a Dell laptop 15 5584 recently out of warranty. It will not boot past the Dell logo, also it will not go into bios or safemode. I have tried resetting by holding down the power button for 25 seconds but it will never finish resetting. Running Windows 10, SSD...
  10. Windows USB will not boot past the logo!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows USB will not boot past the logo!: I have been dating howls from various Microsoft tech support guys to making a USB drive you read.For some reason they think that they each know the only way to properly make a windows 10 USB... Each time they did it, they download went all night and 8 hours later. It still...