Windows 10: My system can't format a pen drive and it gets converted to RAW.

Discus and support My system can't format a pen drive and it gets converted to RAW. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a 32 gigabyte pen drive, i once used it with Linux but i formatted it to NTFS and it worked for a while. Then suddenly, no matter what i do i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AkeinSiriwarene, Mar 16, 2023.

1. My system can't format a pen drive and it gets converted to RAW.

I have a 32 gigabyte pen drive, i once used it with Linux but i formatted it to NTFS and it worked for a while. Then suddenly, no matter what i do i can not format the pen drive and change it's file system because it always goes to RAW. CHKDSK cannot open the drive and other machines can't format as well, Please help!

:)

AkeinSiriwarene, Mar 16, 2023
  2. tf2029 Win User

How to convert RAW partition to NTFS partition.

Thanks for your reply. Apparently the convert drive to NTFS doesn't work when the drive is RAW. After following your instructions in step 2 I get message "convert is not available for RAW drives.

Any suggestions?

tf2029, Mar 16, 2023
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Save RAW drive - Don't want data

Open Admin command prompt, then type:
    1. diskpart
    2. list disk ======> Take note of disk # of the RAW drive
    3. select disk # ======> is the number in step 2
    4. clean
    5. exit
    Open Disk Management and initialize it, Create Simple, format.

topgundcp, Mar 16, 2023
  4. My system can't format a pen drive and it gets converted to RAW.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-2020, Mar 16, 2023
Thema:

My system can't format a pen drive and it gets converted to RAW.

1. My system can't format a pen drive and it gets converted to RAW. - Similar Threads - system can't format

2. windows auto converted my external hdd to RAW format

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows auto converted my external hdd to RAW format: windows auto converted my external hdd to RAW format now i cant access it it says i have to format it i need my all data its not my fault pls help...
  3. windows auto converted my external hdd to RAW format

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows auto converted my external hdd to RAW format: windows auto converted my external hdd to RAW format now i cant access it it says i have to format it i need my all data its not my fault pls help...
  4. Can't format a RAW drive to NTFS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't format a RAW drive to NTFS: I recently received a new SSD and installed it into my system. I tried to format it into NTFS, which turned into the RAW format. When I try to reformat the drive in the Disk Management tool it says," The format did not complete successfully." I looked up some tutorials on...
  5. Can't format a RAW drive to NTFS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't format a RAW drive to NTFS: I recently received a new SSD and installed it into my system. I tried to format it into NTFS, which turned into the RAW format. When I try to reformat the drive in the Disk Management tool it says," The format did not complete successfully." I looked up some tutorials on...
  6. Can't format a RAW drive to NTFS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. My system can't format a pen drive and it gets converted to RAW.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My system can't format a pen drive and it gets converted to RAW.: I have a 32 gigabyte pen drive, i once used it with Linux but i formatted it to NTFS and it worked for a while. Then suddenly, no matter what i do i can not format the pen drive and change it's file system because it always goes to RAW. CHKDSK cannot open the drive and other...
  8. formatting pen drive with diskpart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    formatting pen drive with diskpart: I have a 8 GB usb and due to some problem as discussed here I am trying to format my USB disk which is 8 GB in size. When I insert the USB following message pops up [img] so I decided to format the usb as per a tutorial here when I execute command create partition primary...
  9. how to format my pen drive

how to format my pen drive: No free space, mbr partition, raw file system. what to do?[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-format-my-pen-drive/e47f7092-0171-48ea-9f77-270a9c03fa99
  10. Converting a RAW drive back to ntfs

Converting a RAW drive back to ntfs: I have an external USB drive which has changed to a RAW drive from an NTFS drive, so Windows cannot access the drive. I have tried suggestions made on the Community website, so far non have worked, due to the fact I thing that the suggestions made are not up to date as far as...