Windows 10: My system cant wake up from sleep.

Discus and support My system cant wake up from sleep. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My system can be kept in sleep but the problem starts when we wake it up, instead of waking up from sleep it starts restarting. device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Bhupathi189 Pattapagalu, Mar 3, 2019.

1. My system cant wake up from sleep.

My system can be kept in sleep but the problem starts when we wake it up, instead of waking up from sleep it starts restarting.

device specifications:

model - Lenovo B40-80

windows version - 1809(17763.348)

:)

Bhupathi189 Pattapagalu, Mar 3, 2019

2. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 3, 2019
  3. Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Mar 3, 2019
  4. WaytGibbs Win User

My system cant wake up from sleep.

Windows 10 - Problem waking up from sleep mode

This worked for me on a Lenovo Horizon2 27 all-in-one PC that was able to sleep manually but could not be wakened once sleeping after upgrading to Windows 10 Home.

I ran the powercfg /energy and examined the report as GoWMike describes. It showed no driver errors but suggested that there is a problem with the system's "High Performance" power setting that may prevent normal waking from manually induced sleep.

I used powercfg /list to show available modes, copied the GUID for Balanced mode, and then used this with the powercfg /activate command to change the plan.

I also used powercfg /devicequery wake_from_any

to get a list of device names for components capable of waking the system from sleep, and then I used

powercfg /deviceenablewake <devicename>

to make certain that the touchscreen and power button are armed to wake the machine.

After restarting, sleep and wake then functioned properly again.

WaytGibbs, Mar 3, 2019
Thema:

My system cant wake up from sleep.

1. My system cant wake up from sleep. - Similar Threads - system cant wake

2. BSOD when waking system up from sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when waking system up from sleep.: Hi so i sometimes set my pc to sleep when i log off for the night and sometimes the next day it BSOD's when i turn it on. This is one of the minidumps that got created. I used WhoCrashed to read it....
  3. BSOD when waking system up from sleep.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when waking system up from sleep.: Hi so i sometimes set my pc to sleep when i log off for the night and sometimes the next day it BSOD's when i turn it on. This is one of the minidumps that got created. I used WhoCrashed to read it....
  4. wake up from sleep?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    wake up from sleep?: I can't wake up my computer from sleep be clicking the mouse or using the keyboard. I have tried everything and all the settings in device manager are set the same as my other computer and that one works fine....
  5. Cant wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Cant wake up from sleep: I have a Dell Inspirion laptop 7373. Most of the time when it goes to sleep I can not wake it. The keyboard is lit, so I think its just the display that is not waking. I press the power key all the function buttons etc. Any help would be appreciated I tried a lot of...
  6. Wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Wake up from sleep: Hi My laptop doesn't wakeup after I put it to sleep, I just get a blank grey screen. I have to force a restart. What am I doing wrong https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wake-up-from-sleep/c338a9d8-9ad1-4408-ac39-f86c54be1119
  7. Will not wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Will not wake up from sleep: I have 1809-17763.379 and if I choose sleep by right clicking the start button the computer will not wake up with the mouse or keyboard. It will wake up from screensaver with the mouse. If I push the power button it will wake up. Any suggestions will be appreciated. 130026
  8. Wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wake up from sleep: Sirs, Windows 10 Version 1809 is very slow to recover from 'sleep'. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wake-up-from-sleep/98c1ef70-18db-42b8-84c2-8c43d679e85b
  9. Unwanted wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unwanted wake up from sleep: Hi, When putting the PC to sleep, it wakes up on its own after some time (don’t know exactly, roughly after 1-2h). Setup: Win 10 Pro, ASRock Z270M-ITX/ac board, i7-7700k Already run the following commands: powercfg –lastwake --> shows the same result every time (no...
  10. System won't wake up from sleep, restarts instead

in Windows 10 Support
    System won't wake up from sleep, restarts instead: I have upgraded my laptop from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. It was working so great and it would wake up from sleep super fast too, but one day I got a BSOD and Windows couldn't start anymore. So yeah, nothing worked, couldn't fix it in any other way. I had to get it...