Windows 10: My system Desktop items are not open ( MS Office files )

Discus and support My system Desktop items are not open ( MS Office files ) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Dear sir, My name is vamsi krishna, working as a civil engineer In MNC Company. Few days on words my system desktop files ( MS Office ) Shows the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by VAMSI KRISHNA, Sep 3, 2019.

1. My system Desktop items are not open ( MS Office files )

Dear sir,

My name is vamsi krishna,

working as a civil engineer In MNC Company.

Few days on words my system desktop files ( MS Office ) Shows the lock symbol and file not open.

I have so much required for this files.

Error is:- The file format or file extension is not valid. verify that the file has not been corrupted and that the file extension matches the format of the file.

:)

VAMSI KRISHNA, Sep 3, 2019
  2. Devon68 Win User

Open Office

I used ms office for ever. Then I decided to try open office and when I opened a file and changed some things and decided to go back to ms office the file was messed up. Luckily I had a backup file

Devon68, Sep 3, 2019
  3. "Recent Items" list vs Opening a folder for Recent Items

My system Desktop items are not open ( MS Office files ) :) Hello all... I am not understanding how MS elected removed the list of recent files and replaced it with opening a folder to see the recent files. That is now a 2 step process because you have to close the folder. I used the "recent items" a lot and I miss it - I'm sure others do ass well.
    The solutions offered here only are partial, they only add the link to the start menu / jump lists, but those still open an actual folder which then has to be closed. If you open multiple files, then you have to close multiple folders. Odd...
    I'm not a programmer - but I'm thinking (hoping!) that someone around here may be knowledgeable enough to find a way to return the actual "Recent Items" list, without opening a folder.
    I'm thinking I may not be alone on this one...
    Thank you!!

sunnyorlando, Sep 3, 2019
  4. esmorax Win User

My system Desktop items are not open ( MS Office files )

Windows 10 Office 365 cannot open files from: recent file list

Thanks for the tip! I followed all above steps.

So far I can open files from the Recent files list when I enter Word itself, however I still am unable to open any documents using the Word icon pinned to the taskbar:

My system Desktop items are not open ( MS Office files ) [​IMG]

-

esmorax, Sep 3, 2019
Thema:

My system Desktop items are not open ( MS Office files )

1. My system Desktop items are not open ( MS Office files ) - Similar Threads - system Desktop items

2. desktop items have appeared on other computers in the office

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop items have appeared on other computers in the office: Can you please tell me why the things that I have saved on my desk top which I didn't save to one drive have now duplicated onto another computer in our office and I also now have my managers desktop items on my computer as well as the things I already had on there?...
  3. desktop items have appeared on other computers in the office

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    desktop items have appeared on other computers in the office: Can you please tell me why the things that I have saved on my desk top which I didn't save to one drive have now duplicated onto another computer in our office and I also now have my managers desktop items on my computer as well as the things I already had on there?...
  4. MS Office 2007 will no longer conveniently open the app or an MS Office document in Windows...

MS Office 2007 will no longer conveniently open the app or an MS Office document in Windows...: MS Office 2007 will no longer conveniently open the app or an MS Office document in Windows 10 Pro from the taskbar or the desktop.Does anyone know why?The apps will not open from the taskbar ever or the list of apps.For example: I can only open an existing MS Office document...
  5. can't open ms office

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't open ms office: Some of my file MS excel cannot open, because i just updated my windows 11 while im working with this file, now its stuck on 100% while opened, another file can open but only shows sandtime for a long time,.. but this file can open on another PC or Laptop,this file its not...
  6. can't open ms office

can't open ms office: Some of my file MS excel cannot open, because i just updated my windows 11 while im working with this file, now its stuck on 100% while opened, another file can open but only shows sandtime for a long time,.. but this file can open on another PC or Laptop,this file its not...
  7. Unable to Open older MS Office files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to Open older MS Office files: Some of my older MS Office files now have a "gray X" in their document icon. I cannot open those files now. No error message. What is the issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-older-ms-office-files/31c1afd0-c379-4fef-a957-5456f25a2d5d"
  8. Items on desktop will not open on left click

in Windows 10 Customization
    Items on desktop will not open on left click: Items on desktop will not open on left click, must right click and select OPEN. Same probl;em on multiple PCs, began all at once on all PCs. Same problems on Windows Live Mail --- clicking on an email will not open it. Also on other apps, for example, trying to open a file...
  9. Indexing MS office files without MS office installed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Indexing MS office files without MS office installed: I need to have MS office files indexed a computer that does not have MS office installed. what tool do i need to install? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/indexing-ms-office-files-without-ms-office/1d5b5dfb-3a90-48f7-8d21-535777e4fe89"
  10. Clicking on a file starts MS Office App, but doesn't open the file

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Clicking on a file starts MS Office App, but doesn't open the file: When I attempt to open an Office 2013 document, the correct app starts with a blank document instead of the document I clicked on. If I attempt to open the document within the office app (File > Open), I get a blank document. I have done an Office 2013 repair, re-associated...