Windows 10: My system Desktop items are not open ( MS Office files )

Discus and support My system Desktop items are not open ( MS Office files ) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Dear sir, My name is vamsi krishna, working as a civil engineer In MNC Company. Few days on words my system desktop files ( MS Office ) Shows the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by VAMSI KRISHNA, Sep 3, 2019.

1. My system Desktop items are not open ( MS Office files )

Dear sir,

My name is vamsi krishna,

working as a civil engineer In MNC Company.

Few days on words my system desktop files ( MS Office ) Shows the lock symbol and file not open.

I have so much required for this files.

Error is:- The file format or file extension is not valid. verify that the file has not been corrupted and that the file extension matches the format of the file.

:)

VAMSI KRISHNA, Sep 3, 2019
  2. Devon68 Win User

Open Office

I used ms office for ever. Then I decided to try open office and when I opened a file and changed some things and decided to go back to ms office the file was messed up. Luckily I had a backup file

Devon68, Sep 3, 2019
  3. "Recent Items" list vs Opening a folder for Recent Items

My system Desktop items are not open ( MS Office files ) :) Hello all... I am not understanding how MS elected removed the list of recent files and replaced it with opening a folder to see the recent files. That is now a 2 step process because you have to close the folder. I used the "recent items" a lot and I miss it - I'm sure others do ass well.
    The solutions offered here only are partial, they only add the link to the start menu / jump lists, but those still open an actual folder which then has to be closed. If you open multiple files, then you have to close multiple folders. Odd...
    I'm not a programmer - but I'm thinking (hoping!) that someone around here may be knowledgeable enough to find a way to return the actual "Recent Items" list, without opening a folder.
    I'm thinking I may not be alone on this one...
    Thank you!!

sunnyorlando, Sep 3, 2019
  4. esmorax Win User

My system Desktop items are not open ( MS Office files )

Windows 10 Office 365 cannot open files from: recent file list

Thanks for the tip! I followed all above steps.

So far I can open files from the Recent files list when I enter Word itself, however I still am unable to open any documents using the Word icon pinned to the taskbar:

My system Desktop items are not open ( MS Office files ) [​IMG]

-

esmorax, Sep 3, 2019
Thema:

My system Desktop items are not open ( MS Office files )

1. My system Desktop items are not open ( MS Office files ) - Similar Threads - system Desktop items

2. MS Office 365 and MS Office online.

in Microsoft Office and 365
    MS Office 365 and MS Office online.: Are there any advantages to using MS Office online, if you have a 365 account. Besides the 1TB of space. Gort 142047
  3. Office 365 Outlook not opening in my desktop pc

Office 365 Outlook not opening in my desktop pc: This morning I tried to open Office 365 Outlook and all I had were the following messages, which when I click OK on the last message Outlook just closes. All other Office 365 work, although I get a message in Word asking to sign in again! This only happens on my main desktop...
  4. Items on desktop will not open on left click

in Windows 10 Customization
    Items on desktop will not open on left click: Items on desktop will not open on left click, must right click and select OPEN. Same probl;em on multiple PCs, began all at once on all PCs. Same problems on Windows Live Mail --- clicking on an email will not open it. Also on other apps, for example, trying to open a file...
  5. Indexing MS office files without MS office installed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Indexing MS office files without MS office installed: I need to have MS office files indexed a computer that does not have MS office installed. what tool do i need to install? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/indexing-ms-office-files-without-ms-office/1d5b5dfb-3a90-48f7-8d21-535777e4fe89"
  6. my MS office is expired

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    my MS office is expired: i cant able to edit any document in MS word file whats the way to edit without renewal https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/my-ms-office-is-expired/b7b3348e-884d-44a1-832f-125bc00c0356
  7. file system is not opened

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    file system is not opened: why does it say file system is not open when i try to save something https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/file-system-is-not-opened/5fb9d779-cdd5-4308-ac91-9a0bfa2ba10e
  8. Clicking on a file starts MS Office App, but doesn't open the file

Clicking on a file starts MS Office App, but doesn't open the file: When I attempt to open an Office 2013 document, the correct app starts with a blank document instead of the document I clicked on. If I attempt to open the document within the office app (File > Open), I get a blank document. I have done an Office 2013 repair, re-associated...
  9. Missing Items On My Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Items On My Desktop: When I save something to my desktop it doesn't appear there, but it does appear in C:\Users\\desktop. How can I sort this out so that items I save to my desktop actually appear there? 101647
  10. Problem copying file to desktop - System has file Open?

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem copying file to desktop - System has file Open?: I'm trying to copy a ripped movie file (iso) from my G drive to desktop. The file is 45GB. It gets to 99% then a message comes up saying the process can't complete because the System has the file open. I have nothing running and can't find anything where the System is...