Windows 10: My System Folder Show me Double..

Discus and support My System Folder Show me Double.. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Somehow my system folder in a basic folder called: My computer, changed its name. Now I have got two same folders called: Desktop. Before one of them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by seharakiridana, May 28, 2021.

1. My System Folder Show me Double..

Somehow my system folder in a basic folder called: My computer, changed its name. Now I have got two same folders called: Desktop. Before one of them has been named: Documents. If I want to change the content of one of them, both will change. They behave like one folder. In a fact, these folders are just something like shortcuts. Before, each of them has a different name and worked independently, but now I cannot change their links without changing each other. Also if I try to change the properties of one of them it changes both. As I told above, my computer recognises them as one folder becau

:)

seharakiridana, May 28, 2021
  2. locked Win User

Storage showing as double the actual SSD size

Running Windows 10 Home 20H2 (Build 19042.964) on an AMD based Windows Surface Laptop 4 with 512GB SSD.

Even though it has a 512GB SDD as confirmed by both disk management and file explorer, settings -> system -> Storage reports the size as 951GB! I have searched but struggling to discover how to get it to report the real size.

Per the image below it shows
    • 553GB used - bigger than the size of the SDD
      519GB in system & reserved

My System Folder Show me Double.. [​IMG]

System and reserved breaks down per this screenshot

My System Folder Show me Double.. [​IMG]

Have tried various options including disk cleanup, SFC and DSIM to get it to report the correct size but to no avail. Any suggestions on how to correct this much appreciated?

locked, May 28, 2021
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Navigation Pane shows Double Entries for System Folder with No Name

Hi,

Corrupted Registry keys is one of the possible reasons why you have a duplicate no name system folders in the Navigation Pane. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Which version and OS build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the
      Windows key, type winver, and press the
      Enter
      key.
    • Are there any files when you open the no name system folders?

Meanwhile, you can try to create a new local user account to isolate the issue. You can follow the steps in this

link
    to create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10.

We're looking forward to your response.

Eric Ber, May 28, 2021
  4. Melvis Win User

My System Folder Show me Double..

PC Cant Obtain a IP Address, Need some advice!

Step 1: Click START button
    Step 2: In the Search area, type "regedt32" (of course don't include the ""), right click on the search result and "Run as Administrator".

Step 3: Click on "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE", should expand out to a list of stuff
    Step 4: Next choose "SYSTEM", should expand again
    Step 5: Choose "CurrentControlSet", expands again
    Step 6: Choose "Services", expands to a super large list of stuff

Step 7: Click on "Dhcp", the right window will show the files in that folder
    Step 8: Double click on "DependOnService"
    Step 9: Delete all the words in text area, except "Afd", and click OK. You are done here

Step 10: Next under "Services", look for "EapHost", this should be a few folders below Dhcp Step 11: Same thing, double click on the file "DependOnService"
    Step 12: Delete everything in the text are and click OK. You are done.

Now, close everything and RESTART WINDOWS. Your WLan should be back and working once your computer starts. Hope this saves you like it saved me. Thanks to original poster for the wonderful resolution. Your post was almost too obscure to find, but I'm glad this is SOLVED! I'll be spreading the word around to save people from the constant agony of WLAN SVC going balistic every time after a registry cleanup."

THIS^ FIXED IT!! yay thanks everyone!!

Melvis, May 28, 2021
Thema:

My System Folder Show me Double..

1. My System Folder Show me Double.. - Similar Threads - System Folder Show

2. Double spacing in file folders???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Double spacing in file folders???: Recently switched to win11 and discovered that all my folder items are now double spaced.Is there a way to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/double-spacing-in-file-folders/05231bc2-6db6-45e5-88f2-bb1de2b65f9e
  3. Double spacing in file folders???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Double spacing in file folders???: Recently switched to win11 and discovered that all my folder items are now double spaced.Is there a way to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/double-spacing-in-file-folders/05231bc2-6db6-45e5-88f2-bb1de2b65f9e
  4. Double drives showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Double drives showing: I have two of the same drives showing in Windows Explorer and I am wondering how to either delete or rename one of them.Kenneth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/double-drives-showing/7ecb469c-dc8b-48ba-9c15-e9608349fd1f
  5. Double drives showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Double drives showing: I have two of the same drives showing in Windows Explorer and I am wondering how to either delete or rename one of them.Kenneth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/double-drives-showing/7ecb469c-dc8b-48ba-9c15-e9608349fd1f
  6. Double click on the folder is not opening it

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Double click on the folder is not opening it: Folder on this location is not opening on double-click: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans What to do? Goran https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/double-click-on-the-folder-is-not-opening-it/aa21da0d-6dd6-4fa8-8573-baa846f4454a
  7. Folders showing double on desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folders showing double on desktop: On windows 10- My desktop has exact duplicates of file folders, but with periods at the end of their names. When I delete any of them, it deletes the original, and the "fake" one stays, But I can't open it. I tried hiding them but it won't let me rename any of the name...
  8. Have double folders?

in Windows 10 Support
    Have double folders?: Is it possible to have 2 folders of the same contents things? Like when I add one thing, it also adds to the other folder automatically? The best way to describe this is what I am trying to do. A game I am playing has a way to upload screenshots to the game and put them in...
  9. Skydrive and OneDrive double folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Skydrive and OneDrive double folder: Hi, i set up a new Machine and updated to the latest version. Windows 10 home This created a Skydrive folder which I pointed to O: Onedrive from the old harddisk i reused. Now i have a Skydrive folder syncronised with the cloud. And in the that Skydrive there is another...
  10. System Volume Information folder showing on my Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    System Volume Information folder showing on my Desktop: SOmetime in the 2-3 weeks I started seeing the System Volume Information folder on my Desktop. 131953