Windows 10: my system has froze how do i clear

Discus and support my system has froze how do i clear in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; my system is frozen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-system-has-froze-how-do-i-clear/2516c7e1-2ad6-42a8-b52d-d7c309b9ac70 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by gaynor smith, May 28, 2023.

1. my system has froze how do i clear

my system is frozen

:)

gaynor smith, May 28, 2023

2. Clear Pagefile on Shutdown

I've been looking into clearing the pagefile, and I found the following steps at a somewhat dated webpage:
    1. In the registry editor, navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management
    2. Set ClearPageFileAtShutdown to the REG_DWORD value of 1.
    3. Restart Windows.
    I'm just wondering whether those steps are still valid, and, if so, does clearing the pagefile work as advertised?

gregyurkon, May 28, 2023
  3. PC goes into black screen and froze

Yeah I'm pretty sure that's not a software related issue which is why I was suggesting that you remove the video card to start with since it's such an easy process of elimination step.

I'm not familiar with AMD CPUs, I did see that you had listed in your system specs but I had no idea whether or not it has an iGPU

Is there any possibility of you being able to get your hands on any compatible video card at all?it would be the easiest step to try to troubleshoot or at least one of the easier ones. You should be able to get into the bios without anything but A display cable hooked up to the motherboard

jboydgolfer, May 28, 2023
  4. my system has froze how do i clear

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, May 28, 2023
Thema:

my system has froze how do i clear

1. my system has froze how do i clear - Similar Threads - system has froze

2. my system has froze how do i clear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my system has froze how do i clear: my system is frozen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-system-has-froze-how-do-i-clear/2516c7e1-2ad6-42a8-b52d-d7c309b9ac70
  3. my system has froze how do i clear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my system has froze how do i clear: my system is frozen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-system-has-froze-how-do-i-clear/2516c7e1-2ad6-42a8-b52d-d7c309b9ac70
  4. How do I clear the history?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I clear the history?: The way I've always done it, I don't seem to get a message stating that I have actually told the computer to do anything. Links to where I have gone still appear purple. I don't want to clear too much, because I might have to sign in to web sites again....
  5. How do I clear the history?

How do I clear the history?: The way I've always done it, I don't seem to get a message stating that I have actually told the computer to do anything. Links to where I have gone still appear purple. I don't want to clear too much, because I might have to sign in to web sites again....
  6. How to clear a system for resale?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to clear a system for resale?: I have a window 10 desktop computer that I wish to resell, but first want to remove all traces of my information on the hard disk, AND do a clean reinstall of windows 10. The system originally had windows 7 and I field upgraded to windows 10If I choose Windows Recovery ->...
  7. How to clear a system for resale?

How to clear a system for resale?: I have a window 10 desktop computer that I wish to resell, but first want to remove all traces of my information on the hard disk, AND do a clean reinstall of windows 10. The system originally had windows 7 and I field upgraded to windows 10If I choose Windows Recovery ->...
  8. How to clear a system for resale?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. How do i clear my virtual memory

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do i clear my virtual memory: Hello, I am trying to clear some storage on my laptop so that I could update it. And I was just wondering if its possible to clear the virtual memory... Windows says I only need 2.28 more gigs of storage. [ATTACH] does anyone know how to clear the virtual memory on my...
  10. how do I clear cookies

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I clear cookies: How do I clear or remove cookies related to pop up ads from my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-clear-cookies/2eb5a9cc-7692-433a-9589-842984c26dca