Windows 10: My system is showing less space remaining than, whats being used

Discus and support My system is showing less space remaining than, whats being used in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Even though My C drive only takes up 34gb according to windirstat, windows is showing 50gb is being taken up[ATTACH][ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SteveLS1, Oct 6, 2019.

1. SteveLS1 Win User

My system is showing less space remaining than, whats being used

Even though My C drive only takes up 34gb according to windirstat, windows is showing 50gb is being taken up My system is showing less space remaining than, whats being used f2864827-efab-484e-8aa6-838981c5ce6f?upload=true.png My system is showing less space remaining than, whats being used b133ce82-a2e6-47a5-ae80-6e042c56a33e?upload=true.png

:)

SteveLS1, Oct 6, 2019

2. Help! Data partition not showing under my computer

This is happening on a windows 2000 server. Our second partition of the system, for data is not showing under my computer. Here are the properties of it in disk management:

My system is showing less space remaining than, whats being used [​IMG]

Now under logical drives its listed as F and shows free space available.

Suggestions on how to fix this?

Hybrid_theory, Oct 6, 2019
  3. Why is the Battery Time Remaining Not Showing Up

Hi Aun,

Let's find options on how we can fix your battery remaining time concern. I'll need additional information in order to further isolate your concern. Please answer the following:

1. When did it start to happen?
    2. Are you getting the same issue on a different user profile?
    3. What is the current build and version of your Windows 10?
    4. Have you made any changes on your computer prior to the issue?

In the meantime, try the following suggestions:

Suggestion 1: Enable Battery Remaining Time in
    BIOS.

You need to contact your device manufacturer for the assistance on how to access and modify your BIOS settings.

In your BIOS settings, you will see Battery Remaining Time under System Configuration. Enable it and then save and exit BIOS to take effect.

Suggestion 2: Download and install and the latest device driver. Go to your device manufacturer's support webpage to check if there are available driver update for your device.

Suggestion 3: Install all the sugested cumulative and security updates. Bugs from previous build can be fixed by installing updates.

Suggestion 4: Some laptops will only show time remaining when charger is not connected. Check if charger is connected.

Keep us posted.

Gemzon Mar, Oct 6, 2019
  4. Alden Rey Win User

Windows 10 system icons not showing.

Hi,

The concern you have encountered with system icons may be due to a corrupted file or a misconfigured setting. In this case, we suggest that you go through the taskbar settings by simply followwing the steps below and see if it helps.

• Right-click on an empty space in your desktop taskbar and select Taskbar settings.
    • Click Turn system icons on or off.
    • If you'd like to always show all icons, turn the slider window to On.
    • Reboot the PC for the changes to take effect.

If the solution did not work, we suggest running System file check. By doing so, the task will scan for changed or misplaced files. If sfc discovers that a protected file has been overwritten or corrupted, it retrieves the correct version of the file folder,
    and then replaces the incorrect file. Kindly follow the steps provided by
    ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP)
    on this
    link
    to perform the task.

If you require any further information, feel free to let us know.

Regards

Alden Rey, Oct 6, 2019
Thema:

1. My system is showing less space remaining than, whats being used - Similar Threads - system showing less

2. Drive showing less space than actually available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drive showing less space than actually available: My drive is 250GB, but only shows as 150GB. I know there is more as i have had it, just booting one day it vanishes. When I try to shrink what is left, i get invalid parameter error. Hope screenshots help with what I mean...
  3. Drive showing less space than actually available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive showing less space than actually available: My drive is 250GB, but only shows as 150GB. I know there is more as i have had it, just booting one day it vanishes. When I try to shrink what is left, i get invalid parameter error. Hope screenshots help with what I mean...
  4. Hard drive shows more used space than what is being used

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard drive shows more used space than what is being used: Hi, i have a 256GB D: drive, and it shows only 22 GB remaining. However, upon use of windirstat, or simply selecting all the folders from the root and clicking properties. The actual used space is less than what is reported in the drive itself. For example:Going to properties...
  5. Hard drive shows more used space than what is being used

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard drive shows more used space than what is being used: Hi, i have a 256GB D: drive, and it shows only 22 GB remaining. However, upon use of windirstat, or simply selecting all the folders from the root and clicking properties. The actual used space is less than what is reported in the drive itself. For example:Going to properties...
  6. Hard drive shows more used space than what is being used

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows Storage Space shows a lot less room on my space than I am using!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Storage Space shows a lot less room on my space than I am using!: I had a 8 drive pool, each drive was 6 TB. I have two 6 drive enclosures and since I cannot change the cluster size I could not expand my pool to 12 drives. So I moved data and now I have two 6 drive pools goal is that if an enclosure fails I can just switch my most important...
  8. Disk shows less free space, than it is taken by large margin!!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Disk shows less free space, than it is taken by large margin!!!: I use mirekusoft install monitor, for removing residue files, after uninstalling programs. I had no problem so far... But now, i was uninstalling a game. And it deleted whole folder - Games. Instead just one folder, in which game was located. And weirdest thing is: it didn't...
  9. Storage spaces showing more used than actual

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Storage spaces showing more used than actual: I am working on tearing down my storage space because it wouldn't allow me to add more drives. Currently I have removed files from it yet it still shows full capacity. SS says using 55.8 TB file explorer shows only 44.2 TB used. How do I resolve this? submitted by...
  10. Showing less RAM than is installed.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Showing less RAM than is installed.: I have installed 16g of RAM in my computer. It is only showing 12g on Task Manager. My mother board will accept 32g. I am running Windows 10. What can I do to recover my 4g?...