Windows 10: My system keeps restarting after some minutes and also it usually return back to home...

Discus and support My system keeps restarting after some minutes and also it usually return back to home... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My system keeps restarting after some minutes and also it usually return back to home screen when I am using other program after a while.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Olaide31, Feb 27, 2024.

1. Olaide31 Win User

My system keeps restarting after some minutes and also it usually return back to home...

My system keeps restarting after some minutes and also it usually return back to home screen when I am using other program after a while.

:)

Olaide31, Feb 27, 2024

2. System keeps restarting after 5 to 10 minutes

Hello Shubham,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

Do you get any error message when the system restarts?

I understand your system keeps rebooting repeatedly after 5 to 10 minutes. In order to troubleshoot the issue, I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if the issue persists.

Method 1:

To diagnose whether this issue occurs in
    “Safe Mode”
    , let’s reboot the computer in safe mode and check if the issue appears there as well.

Safe mode is a diagnostic mode for Windows that starts your computer in a limited state. Only the basic files and drivers necessary to run Windows are started. This helps us in identifying whether the issue is due to some
    third party programs conflict. The word Safe mode appear in the concern of your monitor to identify which windows mode you are using.

Follow the steps given below and check if that helps.

• Type settings in search and click on Settings.

• Click Update and recovery, and then tap or
      click Recovery.

• Under Advanced startup, tap or click Restart now.

• Once your PC restarts, on the Choose an option screen, tap or click
      Troubleshoot.

• If you don't see the Startup Settings option, tap or click
      advanced options.

• Tap or click Startup Settings.

• Tap or click Restart.

• On the Startup Settings screen, choose the
      Safe Mode.

• Sign in to your PC with a user account that has
      administrator rights.

If the issue does not exist, try to clean boot the system.

Placing your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

[Steps for Windows 8.1 hold for Windows 10 systems]

Note: Refer "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

If the issue still exists, try the next method.

Method 2:

Try to run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for any file corruption.
    SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them.

• Press Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

sfc /scannow
    Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Harkanwar Singh, Feb 27, 2024
  3. System restarts on its own

It all began when I changed my CPU cooling. The system runs fine when I play games, pass 3DMark Vantage with no problem, but when I try to play MP4 files with Media Player Classic it restarts after few minutes. Few times it restarts while idle. I reinstall the Vista but it did not help. The CPU is not overheating (actually is 10 degrees cooler now). Any suggestions?

Grasshopper, Feb 27, 2024
  4. My system keeps restarting after some minutes and also it usually return back to home...

Windows Explorer keeps restarting in half minute intervals???

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret any inconvenience this has caused. We'll be glad to help you fix this.

A question, which version of Windows 10 are you using?

Verify the same by following the below steps.

• Press Windows Key + R key.

• Type winver and press Enter.
    Method 1:

I would suggest you to terminate explorer.exe and then restart it.

• Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete and click on task manager.

• Locate explorer.exe and right click on it to end task.

• Click on File and select new task.

• Type explorer.exe and start the task.
    Method 2:

Also, install the Windows update and check if it helps to resolve the issue:

I suggest you to Install available Windows Updates and see if it helps. Follow the below steps to install Windows Updates.

Go to Start > Settings > Update and Recovery and click
    Check for Updates.

Method 3:

If the issue still persists, let's start the PC in safe mode by referring the below link and check.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

If the issue doesn’t persists, then it’s likely a cause by third party application. Let’s do a clean boot and identify the cause.

Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

Refer the below given link to learn how to perform a clean boot in Windows:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: Once you are done with the troubleshooting, perform the steps in
    "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot"
    to reset computer as usual.

Hope this helps. If you have any queries, feel free to contact us again.

Thank you.

Praveen Venugopal, Feb 27, 2024
Thema:

My system keeps restarting after some minutes and also it usually return back to home...

1. My system keeps restarting after some minutes and also it usually return back to home... - Similar Threads - system keeps restarting

2. My system keeps restarting after some minutes and also it usually return back to home...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My system keeps restarting after some minutes and also it usually return back to home...: My system keeps restarting after some minutes and also it usually return back to home screen when I am using other program after a while. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-system-keeps-restarting-after-some-minutes-and/1a683783-81f0-4414-b3fc-670567145c0a
  3. My system keeps restarting after some minutes and also it usually return back to home...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My system keeps restarting after some minutes and also it usually return back to home...: My system keeps restarting after some minutes and also it usually return back to home screen when I am using other program after a while. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-system-keeps-restarting-after-some-minutes-and/1a683783-81f0-4414-b3fc-670567145c0a
  4. Fail to restarting also it doesn't open after shutdown but it starts correctly after a minute.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fail to restarting also it doesn't open after shutdown but it starts correctly after a minute.: Hi, my device model is an HP Compaq nw8440 & which uses windows 7 home basic. Recently I have had a problem when restarting also it doesn't open immediately after shutdown but it starts correctly after a minute. I tried Repair automatically and by writing sfc /scannow on cmd....
  5. Fail to restarting also it doesn't open after shutdown but it starts correctly after a minute.

Fail to restarting also it doesn't open after shutdown but it starts correctly after a minute.: Hi, my device model is an HP Compaq nw8440 & which uses windows 7 home basic. Recently I have had a problem when restarting also it doesn't open immediately after shutdown but it starts correctly after a minute. I tried Repair automatically and by writing sfc /scannow on cmd....
  6. My computer keeps restarting after only a few minutes of use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer keeps restarting after only a few minutes of use: I’ll be using my computer and suddenly it blue screens and displays an error message, the text of which I will paste below. “Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you. 64% complete For more...
  7. My computer keeps restarting after only a few minutes of use

My computer keeps restarting after only a few minutes of use: I’ll be using my computer and suddenly it blue screens and displays an error message, the text of which I will paste below. “Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you. 64% complete For more...
  8. Restarting after some idle minutes

Restarting after some idle minutes: Computer restarts after some minutes. Sometimes it will only go back on after holding the power button for a while. PC model: Surface Laptop 2. Windows 10. I ran WinDbg and this is my log: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9fA driver has failed to complete a power IRP within a...
  9. Restarting after a some idle minutes

Restarting after a some idle minutes: Computer restarts after some minutes. Sometimes it will only go back on after holding the power button for a while. PC model: Surface Laptop 2. Windows 10. I ran WinDbg and this is my log: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9fA driver has failed to complete a power IRP within a...
  10. Games keep crashing after some Minutes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games keep crashing after some Minutes.: Hello guys, my old HDD crashed (rip), so I took my external HDD as new internal, formated it and installed Windows 10 Education N x64 Edition. Everything works fine (streams, teamspeak, yada yada yada) but when I start a Game (tested it with Path of Exile, CS:GO and H1Z1)...