Windows 10: my system microphone has gone missing, can only see mic from headset

Discus and support my system microphone has gone missing, can only see mic from headset in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; see above https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-system-microphone-has-gone-missing-can-only-see/cfb433e9-915a-4ef9-a8ea-c2b28ddbf5f2 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GeorgeDikker, Jun 25, 2020.

1. my system microphone has gone missing, can only see mic from headset

see above

:)

GeorgeDikker, Jun 25, 2020

2. Computer won't recognize headset microphone

my system microphone has gone missing, can only see mic from headset [​IMG]

This is what i see in device manager. Im not sure if the Speakers/Headphones (Realtek High Definition Audio) is the one your saying to disable, as that is what is default in playback devices in the sounds panel.

Setting Stereo Mix as the default recording device and disabling everything else still didnt get the mic working, even when the headset is plugged into the microphone only audio port or the mic + sound audio port.

Aaeeschylus, Jun 25, 2020
  3. Headset mic

Hi Robin,

There could be a number of factors as to why you are experiencing headset microphone issue. This could be caused by an outdated or incompatible device driver or an issue with the device itself.

I would like to know more about your concern. Kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried using another headset microphone? If so are you experiencing the same issue?
    • Is it happening on all applications that require a microphone?
    • Is the headset microphone detected under Device Manager?

Meanwhile, I suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. To do this, refer to the steps below:

• On the Start menu, type Troubleshoot and then hit
      Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click Hardware and Devices, and then select
      Run the troubleshooter.

Let us know how goes and we'll assist you further if needed.

Monica Cam, Jun 25, 2020
  4. my system microphone has gone missing, can only see mic from headset

laptop not detecting headset microphone

I want to use the microphone attached to the headset as I just bought the headset but my laptop is still using the built-in mic and the headset mic is not detected.

ZuvoTheBest, Jun 25, 2020
Thema:

my system microphone has gone missing, can only see mic from headset

1. my system microphone has gone missing, can only see mic from headset - Similar Threads - system microphone has

2. Headset's built in mic only is recognized when it is plugged into the microphone jack.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset's built in mic only is recognized when it is plugged into the microphone jack.: When I plug the headset into the headphones jack I can hear audio but cant use my mic, and when I plug it into the mic jack i can use the mic but can't hear anything. Also the drivers for the mic and headphones appear separately in Device Manager when they are plugged into...
  3. Headset or Microphone Missing

in Cortana
    Headset or Microphone Missing: Here You Can See there is no option for Headset or Microphone please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headset-or-microphone-missing/321aa2e7-665c-4ca5-b0ef-adcd703c7cfe
  4. My computer isnt seeing my Headset microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My computer isnt seeing my Headset microphone: I recently got a new headset, but my microphone isn't getting detected. My mic is a USB device, and troubleshooting isn't working. Also, when i try to test my Laptop's mic, it doesn't work either. The headset model is this one as seen here. The microphone is a separate USB...
  5. My computer isnt seeing my Headset microphone

My computer isnt seeing my Headset microphone: I recently got a new headset, but my microphone isn't getting detected. My mic is a usb device, and troubleshooting isnt working. Also, when i try to test my Laptop's mic, it doesnt work either. What do i do?...
  6. Same Bluetooth headset has the microphone recognized on only one of the systems

Same Bluetooth headset has the microphone recognized on only one of the systems: I have TaoTronics affordable Amazon Bluetooth headset ANC headset and have connected it to two different computers running Windows 10 Pro. On one of these devices, the headset shows up with full functionality and on the other one, it only functions as a headset and not as...
  7. Headset microphone only transmits system sound?

Headset microphone only transmits system sound?: Good afternoon, since last night I have the problem with my Windows 10 computer that the microphone of my G230 only plays my system sounds, i.e. everything that is said on TS for example. I reinstalled the Realtek driver, but this did not help either. The device is...
  8. Headset can only be set to a mic or headphones not both

Headset can only be set to a mic or headphones not both: When I connect my headset to my pc realtek audio manager comes up and asks me if I have plugged in a mic,line in or headphones If I click mic it will utilise the mic but no audio will play out into the headset If I click headphones I can hear sound but cant use the mic...
  9. Computer won't see headset mic

Computer won't see headset mic: My computer won't accept audio from my headset mic, when it's plugged in it sees the headphones as the input device, and even reads input into the earpieces, but not the actual microphone, the headset has one 3.5 mm jack, but came with a splitter, but the computer would still...
  10. Microphone not working with headset to mic splitter

Microphone not working with headset to mic splitter: Hi guys, I just spent about $10 getting a replacement cable for my headphones that has a mic built in. It's a 3.5mm headset cable has both mic and headphone audio that I've connected to a Y-splitter that goes to a mic cable and a headphone cable. These definitely work as...