Windows 10: My system & reserved takes up 374GB of storage. How do I make it not do that??

Discus and support My system & reserved takes up 374GB of storage. How do I make it not do that?? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I'm using a mac pro laptop with windows boot camp installed, I've set aside a decent chunk of storage from my hardrive for it so I could... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Thatpeachy, Jul 7, 2020.

1. My system & reserved takes up 374GB of storage. How do I make it not do that??

My system & reserved takes up 374GB of storage. How do I make it not do that?? zYdcg_IFXaW_OJxZJNHbOQKRMgU1oYqLW77SyM15w0Q.jpg

I'm using a mac pro laptop with windows boot camp installed, I've set aside a decent chunk of storage from my hardrive for it so I could play windows only and 32-bit games, but a majority of it is taken up by system files that I cant delete. This seemed to happen after I downloaded the game sea of thieves if that has any relevancy.

I just want to play some games lol help.

https://preview.redd.it/os02b7g6pj9...bp&s=78eefc6ba09ab1c8a756251aeb75df8a8646b63b

https://preview.redd.it/a1pwo6k5pj9...bp&s=b39ca5311642b277f34eb5a33c138c222b71a636

submitted by /u/Thatpeachy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Thatpeachy, Jul 7, 2020
  2. Wingo101 Win User

How do I overclock my system?

Can somebody please tell me step by step, how I can overclock my CPU to get good results but still a very stable system.

Have a look at my specs.

Wingo101, Jul 7, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    How do I recover/repair my storage space?

I guess that makes you one very lucky user.. or unlucky as you need to discover whether Storage Spaces can be migrated to 1709 successfully- and what to do to deal with this problem in general.

Suggest you take it up on technet (MS site) and report via the Feedback Hub app.

Meanwhile you need to consider your possibly dodgy disk - try a surface scan- and of course appropriate backups.

As you have Pro, you can use

My system & reserved takes up 374GB of storage. How do I make it not do that?? [​IMG]

My system & reserved takes up 374GB of storage. How do I make it not do that?? [​IMG]

to delay 1709 for a year

dalchina, Jul 7, 2020
  4. Clayto222 Win User

My system & reserved takes up 374GB of storage. How do I make it not do that??

Do I or do I not have Reserved Storage on my PC?

Although I have not yet received the May update for my small storage Tablet PC I have for a few weeks believed that Reserve Storage had already been installed, unannounced. This is because I suddenly lost about 7 BG of my limited free storage, leaving me
    with only about 3 GB ---- 7 plus 3 is the 10 GB I expected to have available. However, some issues I have been having with the 'clean files now' function of Storage Sense has led me to look for further information ---- and I am now starting to think I do not
    have the Reserve after all.

In Settings, clicking on System and Reserved does not show the Reserve, as articles describe. It only shows System files: 21.4 GB and Virtual Memory 4.74 GB. There is no Reserve.

If the Reserve has not been set up what happened when I suddenly lost 7 GB? It caused some major but temporary problems at the time --- another story. And what will happen when the Reserve is actually set up, given the even smaller free storage I now have?

The issues I have with Storage Sense are (1) after compressing C drive I gained only 2 GB, not the 10 GB 'offered' (and still shown) as available by compressing (2) cleaning Downloaded files which is shown as 'offering' a saving of 8 GB, has not worked
    (repeatedly) and still shows the 8 GB with no gain in free storage.

Clayto222, Jul 7, 2020
Thema:

My system & reserved takes up 374GB of storage. How do I make it not do that??

1. My system & reserved takes up 374GB of storage. How do I make it not do that?? - Similar Threads - system reserved takes

2. Systems and reserved is taking 57gb of space. What's going on? How do I reduce it?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Systems and reserved is taking 57gb of space. What's going on? How do I reduce it?: System and reserved taking up 55.7gb of storage https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/systems-and-reserved-is-taking-57gb-of-space-whats/2e206145-ed46-475d-9bde-3ac5567281dc
  3. Systems and reserved is taking 57gb of space. What's going on? How do I reduce it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Systems and reserved is taking 57gb of space. What's going on? How do I reduce it?: System and reserved taking up 55.7gb of storage https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/systems-and-reserved-is-taking-57gb-of-space-whats/2e206145-ed46-475d-9bde-3ac5567281dc
  4. Systems and reserved is taking 57gb of space. What's going on? How do I reduce it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Systems and reserved is taking 57gb of space. What's going on? How do I reduce it?: System and reserved taking up 55.7gb of storage https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/systems-and-reserved-is-taking-57gb-of-space-whats/1872e961-f0a0-4d0f-a47a-ee15b2e3887d
  5. Systems and reserved is taking 57gb of space. What's going on? How do I reduce it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Systems and reserved is taking 57gb of space. What's going on? How do I reduce it?: System and reserved taking up 55.7gb of storage https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/systems-and-reserved-is-taking-57gb-of-space-whats/1872e961-f0a0-4d0f-a47a-ee15b2e3887d
  6. reserved storage taking up all the memory

reserved storage taking up all the memory: My laptop has a 32gb hard drive I'm running windows 10 ver 1607 because of reserved storage which seems to be growing theres almost no space left I'm down to around 300meg and its shrinking quickly I don't have anything unnecessary saved on the hard drive, I only use a...
  7. System and reserved taking up 994GB???

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System and reserved taking up 994GB???: [ATTACH] My computer (asus g14 zephyrus) is acting fine. Every now and then I'll check task manager, storage and some other programs. I checked storage today and out of my 2TB SSD i have ~700gb left..so i went to apps and uninstalled a few that I've forgot about or don't...
  8. System and Reserved storage taking more space.

in Windows 10 Customization
    System and Reserved storage taking more space.: My system and reserved storage takes 160 GB. The window 10 alone takes 44 GB? The system restore takes around 80GB. Please help me with storage settings. [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  9. System and Reserve takes up 75 gb of storage on my C drive. How do I clear it up.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System and Reserve takes up 75 gb of storage on my C drive. How do I clear it up.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/oRamzi [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gl93zi/system_and_reserve_takes_up_75_gb_of_storage_on/
  10. Do I or do I not have Reserved Storage on my PC?

Do I or do I not have Reserved Storage on my PC?: Although I have not yet received the May update for my small storage Tablet PC I have for a few weeks believed that Reserve Storage had already been installed, unannounced. This is because I suddenly lost about 7 BG of my limited free storage, leaving me with only about 3 GB...