Windows 10: my system restore took me several hours

Discus and support my system restore took me several hours in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; i have experiencing mfc110.dll missing issue so i decide to do system restore.i look for some ways to fix this but all was failed. so i decided to do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Rose AnnOrilla, Sep 20, 2018.

1. my system restore took me several hours

i have experiencing mfc110.dll missing issue so i decide to do system restore.i look for some ways to fix this but all was failed. so i decided to do my last resort, to system restore. but unfotunately, up until now my laptop was on system restore screen after several hours. i started system restore at around 12 midnight and now its 5A.M my laptop was still on the system restore. was there anything wrong with my laptop? i decided not to hit the power botton coz it might make me into another and bigger trouble. i hope you can help me guys. thanks

:)

Rose AnnOrilla, Sep 20, 2018

2. System Restore Error 0x81000203

Good day,

We can see here that you are having issues performing system restore on your computer. Having said that, we need to determine the cause of this problem. Before we proceed, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to perform system restore? If so, can you send us a screenshot?
      Note: Please do not include any personal information.
    • Have you performed all the suggested troubleshooting steps found on this thread?

Desiree Yau, Sep 20, 2018
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Missing icons / buttons after System Restore

Hi Terrie,

To address your concern, we suggest that you try to undo the restore or pick another restore point.

Please follow these steps to access system restore:

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, and then select Control Panel.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Sep 20, 2018
  4. Xylee Del Win User

my system restore took me several hours

SYSTEM RESTORE

Hello Angel,

Windows 10 may have encountered a system conflict when it tried to perform a system restore. For us to better assist you on performing a system restore, kindly answer the following questions:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • What is the exact error message are you getting? If possible can you send us a screenshot using the attach photo feature on your reply.
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10? To check type in
      winver on the search bar and press Enter.

Meanwhile, for a walkthrough on how to perform a system restore, kindly follow the steps on this

article
    and see the section that says Restore from a system restore point.
    On another note, we also suggest that you check the Windows Defender settings and lower down the security if it is on high security. This can also be another issue why it is preventing an update to be installed.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Xylee Del, Sep 20, 2018
Thema:

my system restore took me several hours

1. my system restore took me several hours - Similar Threads - system restore took

2. My system restore is stuck on finalizing file restore for almost 12 hours pls tell me...

in Windows 10 Customization
    My system restore is stuck on finalizing file restore for almost 12 hours pls tell me...: My system restore is stuck on finalizing file restore pls tell detailed solution. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-system-restore-is-stuck-on-finalizing-file/caae645e-afea-4b10-bfc2-3cab3bac7f5e
  3. Is it normal that my pc took so long in restore the system?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it normal that my pc took so long in restore the system?: Today I decided to restore my pc using the recovery options of windows, everything it’s fine. Just I’m a little concerned that it’s stuck at 61% for more than 2 hours. Is it normal that amount of time or something went wrong already? Btw I can see on the disk activity light...
  4. Is it normal that my pc took so long in restore the system?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it normal that my pc took so long in restore the system?: Today I decided to restore my pc using the recovery options of windows, everything it’s fine. Just I’m a little concerned that it’s stuck at 61% for more than 2 hours. Is it normal that amount of time or something went wrong already? Btw I can see on the disk activity light...
  5. System restore took over 3 hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System restore took over 3 hours: Unable to boot into windows 10 after a failed windows update.Unsuccessfully tried everything I could find on internet before attempting a system restore. Set up a system restore and all seemed to be going well. However, one hour passed and I was still watching the green bar...
  6. System restore took over 3 hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System restore took over 3 hours: Unable to boot into windows 10 after a failed windows update.Unsuccessfully tried everything I could find on internet before attempting a system restore. Set up a system restore and all seemed to be going well. However, one hour passed and I was still watching the green bar...
  7. System restore took over 3 hours

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. System restore taking hours

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System restore taking hours: My laptop wasn't booting uo so I tried to do a system restore. It has been around 6 hours since I started and it is still hasn't finished. What should I do submitted by /u/Re-Evolution7 [link] [comments]...
  9. System Restore working for hours

System Restore working for hours: I use Windows 10 My File Explorer stopped working suddenly, after numerous efforts it didnt respond then i started system restore it ran for more than 7 hrs and still was displaying "restoring the registry " I switched off the pc Should i run it again...
  10. System restore running for hours

System restore running for hours: My computer running Windows 10 suddenly seemed to have no connection to the speakers in my computer and the drivers were MIA. Decided to run a system restore to see if that would fix and it’s been running for 8 hours. I need to use the computer. What do i do?...