Windows 10: My tablet upgraded to Windows 10 and I lost my brightness settings

Discus and support My tablet upgraded to Windows 10 and I lost my brightness settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Some years ago, my old Windows 8.1 tablet. A teclast Tbook11 upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. The brightness was set to max, and all options to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CrystalScott1, Nov 16, 2020.

1. My tablet upgraded to Windows 10 and I lost my brightness settings

Some years ago, my old Windows 8.1 tablet. A teclast Tbook11 upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. The brightness was set to max, and all options to adjust it disappeared. I managed to downgrade back to 8.1 before passing out from my post eye-surgery headache made infinitely worse by the brightness set to max.

I have since set all connections to metered to stop this from happening again.

I unfortunately connected to a new network by mistake a few days ago, and it upgraded to Windows 10 again, and now my brightness settings are gone.

What I have done:

• Updated to the latest version of Windows 10.
    • Checked that my IntelR HD Graphics drivers are up to date
    • I have not enabled my Generic PNP Monitor, because there is no monitor section in my device manager.
    • I have disabled the IntelR HD Graphics drivers, and re-enabled them.

None of these actions have helped.

There is no brightness option in the notification area, nor when I click on the power icon in the system tray.

There is no brightness slider in the battery area of the settings menu.

Setting the tablet to adjust brightness automatically in the advanced power options, does not do anything either.

I don't want to downgrade to Windows 8.1 again to fix this problem. Any help is appreciated.

:)

CrystalScott1, Nov 16, 2020

2. My tablet upgraded to Windows 10 (again) and I lost my brightness settings

Some years ago, my old Windows 8.1 tablet. A teclast Tbook11 upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. The brightness was set to max, and all options to adjust it disappeared. I managed to downgrade back to 8.1 before passing out from my post eye-surgery
    headache made infinitely worse by the brightness set to max.

I have since set all connections to metered to stop this from happening again.

I unfortunately connected to a new network by mistake a few days ago, and it upgraded to Windows 10 again, and now my brightness settings are gone.

What I have done:

• Updated to the latest version of Windows 10.
    • Checked that my Intel(R) HD Graphics drivers are up to date
    • I have not enabled my Generic PNP Monitor, because there is no monitor section in my device manager.
    • I have disabled the Intel(R) HD Graphics drivers, and re-enabled them.

None of these actions have helped.

There is no brightness option in the notification area, nor when I click on the power icon in the system tray.

There is no brightness slider in the battery area of the settings menu.

Setting the tablet to adjust brightness automatically in the advanced power options, does not do anything either.

I don't want to downgrade to Windows 8.1 again to fix this problem. Any help is appreciated.

Edit: Screenshot of greyed out brightness button imgur.com

SwedishEnragedUser, Nov 16, 2020
  3. brightness setting problem on windows 10

Hi Levin,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to set the brightness after upgrading to Windows 10. We will help you.

To understand the issue better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• What is the make and model of your PC?
    • As mentioned keys are not working, are you referring that all the keys are not working or only the brightness function keys?
    • Did you try adjusting the brightness from the power option and check?
    Please provide us more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 16, 2020
  4. sammy Win User

My tablet upgraded to Windows 10 and I lost my brightness settings

Brightness not working on Windows10.

Hi ,

On my Dell 5559 Windows 10 , brightness not working.

Have tried few steps from youtube videos but did not work.

Please guide.

Thanks.

sammy, Nov 16, 2020
Thema:

My tablet upgraded to Windows 10 and I lost my brightness settings

1. My tablet upgraded to Windows 10 and I lost my brightness settings - Similar Threads - tablet upgraded lost

2. I lost my upgrade to pro?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I lost my upgrade to pro?: I've updated my Windows version to Pro from home inside a Microsoft user, in microsoft store. But i need to restart my laptop and create a local administrator user, can i keep this upgrade or i will lose it?Thank you...
  3. I lost my upgrade to pro?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I lost my upgrade to pro?: I've updated my Windows version to Pro from home inside a Microsoft user, in microsoft store. But i need to restart my laptop and create a local administrator user, can i keep this upgrade or i will lose it?Thank you...
  4. How do I upgrade my tablet from Windows 8.1 to 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I upgrade my tablet from Windows 8.1 to 10?: How do I upgrade my laptop from 8.1 to Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-upgrade-my-tablet-from-windows-81-to-10/a1d33da1-513c-4b3a-b833-fc665ae0ca14
  5. How do I upgrade my tablet from Windows 8.1 to 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I upgrade my tablet from Windows 8.1 to 10?: How do I upgrade my laptop from 8.1 to Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-upgrade-my-tablet-from-windows-81-to-10/a1d33da1-513c-4b3a-b833-fc665ae0ca14
  6. My tablet upgraded to Windows 10 (again) and I lost my brightness settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    My tablet upgraded to Windows 10 (again) and I lost my brightness settings: Some years ago, my old Windows 8.1 tablet. A teclast Tbook11 upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. The brightness was set to max, and all options to adjust it disappeared. I managed to downgrade back to 8.1 before passing out from my post eye-surgery headache made...
  7. After Upgrade to Windows 10, I lost my Microsoft Office

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After Upgrade to Windows 10, I lost my Microsoft Office: How do I get my windows 7 back? When I upgraded I lost all my Office Package (i.e. word, excel, powerpoint, etc.). [Original Title: Windows 10 vs. 7]...
  8. I cant change my brightness settings?

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cant change my brightness settings?: So, even by gong to the setting itself, my device wont let me change the brightness???? It seems to be locked or something??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/i-cant-change-my-brightness-settings/ec871d59-573e-4c6c-8d13-85e7f5b8b201
  9. My tablet doesn’t want to upgrade to Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My tablet doesn’t want to upgrade to Windows 10: I tried to update my Fusion 5 tablet to Windows 10 but it took too long. I have been watching spinning dots for about 20 hours. Then the message appeared ‘Restoring your previous Windows version’...
  10. CAN I UPGRADE MY WINDOWS 8.1 TABLET TO WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CAN I UPGRADE MY WINDOWS 8.1 TABLET TO WINDOWS 10: CAN I INSTALL WINDOWS 10 ON MY ACER ICOINA W1-810 WHICH IS RUNNING WINDOWS 8.1 RIGHT NOW WITHOUT USING MOUSE AND KEYBOARD AT SETUP AFTER THE BOOT.....