Windows 10: my task bar has stopped working after update

Discus and support my task bar has stopped working after update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I need some assistance.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Colleen and OwenCampbell, Aug 29, 2021.

1. my task bar has stopped working after update

I need some assistance.

:)

Colleen and OwenCampbell, Aug 29, 2021

2. task bar not responding

Hi,

There are several possible reasons why the task bar is not working as expected. One of them may be caused by a corrupted user profile. In your case, we'd like to ask for additional information to help us determine the appropriate steps to solve the issue.
    Please answer the following:

• Have you made any recent changes or installed updates before the task bar stopped responding?
    • Was the task bar working after you have created the user profile?
    • Have you checked if the issue also exists with the other user profiles?
    • What build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    For initial troubleshooting, you can follow the steps in this article:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana

We hope to hear from you soon.

Jennifer Cha, Aug 29, 2021
  3. Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Aug 29, 2021
  4. my task bar has stopped working after update

Spinning cursor on task bar for work desktop

Hello TaraKelley,

For us to better assist you, kindly provide the following information:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you download and run the Start menu troubleshooter on this
    link. This troubleshooter automatically diagnose and repair common problem with Start menu.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Aug 29, 2021
Thema:

my task bar has stopped working after update

1. my task bar has stopped working after update - Similar Threads - task bar has

2. My task bar has disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My task bar has disappeared: My task bar has disappeared, I cannot access the Start menu to restart my computer, nor can I access the Settings menu. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-task-bar-has-disappeared/c54cc87f-f13c-4e2f-95a0-e5f709800d13
  3. My task bar has disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My task bar has disappeared: My task bar has disappeared, I cannot access the Start menu to restart my computer, nor can I access the Settings menu. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-task-bar-has-disappeared/c54cc87f-f13c-4e2f-95a0-e5f709800d13
  4. Task bar icons have stopped working

Task bar icons have stopped working: Tuesday, October 24, 20236:15 PM ESTWhen I booted up my computer this morning and clicked on the task bar icon for my email Thunderbird a small window popped up saying, "Can't open this item.It might have been moved, renamed, or deleted.Do you want to remove this item? -...
  5. Task bar icons have stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task bar icons have stopped working: Tuesday, October 24, 20236:15 PM ESTWhen I booted up my computer this morning and clicked on the task bar icon for my email Thunderbird a small window popped up saying, "Can't open this item.It might have been moved, renamed, or deleted.Do you want to remove this item? -...
  6. my task bar and explorer stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my task bar and explorer stopped working: i have a windows 10 pc and i sometimes get this weird problem where the taskbar stops workingother things stop working too, like the home menu, alt- and win tabbing, aswell as opening task manager per the ctrl alt delete menuthe task bar is half way responsive, as i can...
  7. my task bar and explorer stopped working

my task bar and explorer stopped working: i have a windows 10 pc and i sometimes get this weird problem where the taskbar stops workingother things stop working too, like the home menu, alt- and win tabbing, aswell as opening task manager per the ctrl alt delete menuthe task bar is half way responsive, as i can...
  8. my task bar and explorer stopped working

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Task Bar File Explorer shortcuts stopped working after Windows 11 update

Task Bar File Explorer shortcuts stopped working after Windows 11 update: I installed the 22H2 update on 22nd September 2022 and my File Explorer in the Task Bar stopped working correctly.When I right-click the File Explorer icon, a list opens that shows pinned and recent items. None of them work anymore with a left-click, except the This PC...
  10. My search bar has stopped working.

in Cortana
    My search bar has stopped working.: It's been 10 days since I did an update. My last quality update was: September 14, 2021—KB5005565 OS Builds 19041.1237, 19042.1237, and 19043.1237Two days ago, I noticed my system was running 100% HDDSo I came on here and followed the directions below in quotations it did...