Windows 10: My task bar isn't working.

Discus and support My task bar isn't working. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My task bar isn't working. There are no shortcut icons on it. I can't access "File Explorer" and I can't open documents on the desktop.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JamesHyman#, Feb 18, 2021.

1. My task bar isn't working.

My task bar isn't working. There are no shortcut icons on it. I can't access "File Explorer" and I can't open documents on the desktop.

:)

JamesHyman#, Feb 18, 2021

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Feb 18, 2021
  3. Jakub578 Win User
    Cortana isn´t working

When I hit enter, it did something, but there´s still no Cortana, even after restart. So I tried it again, but now it says that it failed, because it´s already installed and it´s working in PC. So it should work, but Cortana still isn´t here.

Jakub578, Feb 18, 2021
  4. My task bar isn't working.

Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Feb 18, 2021
Thema:

My task bar isn't working.

1. My task bar isn't working. - Similar Threads - task bar isn't

2. Task bar not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task bar not working: Hi. New today Acer computer with windows 11 and 365 familyProblem is certain icons on the task bar have stopped working, search icon and start icon doesn’t open to show icons widgets also if I right click the start icon settings and power settings plus others do not open....
  3. Task bar auto hide isn't working correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task bar auto hide isn't working correctly: So I've had an issue with my task bar auto hiding, specifically trying to get it to come back up once it's hidden. Whenever I'm in a maximized application like Firefox, Discord, Steam, etc., the task bar will not unhide when I move my mouse to the bottom of the screen. I have...
  4. Task bar auto hide isn't working correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task bar auto hide isn't working correctly: So I've had an issue with my task bar auto hiding, specifically trying to get it to come back up once it's hidden. Whenever I'm in a maximized application like Firefox, Discord, Steam, etc., the task bar will not unhide when I move my mouse to the bottom of the screen. I have...
  5. My task bar isn't working or responding

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My task bar isn't working or responding: Hi.....so my wifi stopped working on my windows 10....wifi was available but it wasn't getting connected..and there was no wifi option in settings...so I saw some tutorials in youtube for the solution ...I restarted the wlan auto config.. retsarted pc but nothing...
  6. Bottom Task Bar on windows isn't working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bottom Task Bar on windows isn't working.: Hello sir today on 14th of may I think there was a new update launched. I downloaded and installed that update on my PC. But after update my bottom task bar isn't working. I am not able to search and click on windows button on bottom task bar. Please help!!!...
  7. Task bar auto hide isn't working correcly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task bar auto hide isn't working correcly: So I've had an issue with my task bar auto hiding, specifically trying to get it to come back up once it's hidden. Whenever I'm in a maximized application like Firefox, Discord, Steam, etc., the task bar will not unhide when I move my mouse to the bottom of the screen. I have...
  8. Task Bar not working

in Cortana
    Task Bar not working: Hi, I am having an issue with task bar, start menu and search option. Start menu, search options and few icon of task bar e.g. wifi, notifications, date and time etc are not working. Please help me out. Thanks in advance. With regards, Sourav...
  9. Task bar Not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task bar Not working: after most recent update my Task bar is not responding and Windows Push notification service is using most of my CPU https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-not-working/29c5d27f-7b30-4adc-8374-6678cdcc425a
  10. Task bar not working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task bar not working.: I’m having issues with windows taskbar on the lenovo legion y530. I can’t open applications or the start menu. Some applications come up as class not registered. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-not-working/d4d3815a-efa0-430f-b003-ab35db743231