Windows 10: My task bar will show up on startup but no icons will appear and I cannot click on anything...

Discus and support My task bar will show up on startup but no icons will appear and I cannot click on anything... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/CenturionVI [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CenturionVI, Dec 31, 2020.

1. My task bar will show up on startup but no icons will appear and I cannot click on anything...

/u/CenturionVI, Dec 31, 2020
  2. Ge285 Win User

Search icon does not appear on the task bar

I have a laptop and a recently I bought a desktop Pc running windows 10 home edition. The search icon (next to the windows symbol) does not appear on the task bar on the Pc. It does show on the laptop however. Why is it that? I click on the task bar
    with the right button of the mouse and a list appears containing the “search” link on the laptop but that does not appear on the Pc. Also the “cascade windows”, “Show windows stacked” and “show windows side by side” appear grey that is inactive. Both laptop
    and Pc run windows 10 Home edition. Could it be something wrong with the installation? I bought the Pc (a Dell inspiron) recently and today I installed the software. But why is it that the search icon does not show on the task bar and actually it is missing
    from the list that appears when I click on the task bar with the right button of the mouse? Any help would be welcome.

Ge285, Dec 31, 2020
  3. grahamm7 Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade icon not appearing in Task Bar

The Windows 10 upgrade is not appearing in my Task Bar. I am running Windows 7 64 bit with SP1 and all the latest critical patches. I did have this icon but it has disappeared. If I go into customise to select which icons to appear in the Task Bar;
    the Get Windows 10 GWX is listed. I have selected show icon and notifications, but the icon doesn't appear on the Task Bar? I want to use this to check that my PC can update to Windows 10. I gather as you ask to run the upgrade, you can select and option
    to check whether your PC is ok to update re drivers etc. Can anyone help me to get the icon showing in the Task Bar again?

grahamm7, Dec 31, 2020
  4. My task bar will show up on startup but no icons will appear and I cannot click on anything...

Task Bar Icons Windows 10

Hi John,

Thank you for your response.

We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

If the icon is hidden from the task bar, you can enable it by using the following steps. The icon might be hidden. Here's how to show the battery icon:

• Right-click an empty area on the taskbar, and then click
      Properties.
    • Under Notification area, click
      Customize.
    • In Notification Area Icons, click on Select
      which icons appear on Taskbar.
    • On in the drop-down list next to
      Power, and then click OK.
    If the issue still persists you can try Updating the latest Power management driver software for Windows 10 from the manufacturer website.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Dec 31, 2020
Thema:

My task bar will show up on startup but no icons will appear and I cannot click on anything...

1. My task bar will show up on startup but no icons will appear and I cannot click on anything... - Similar Threads - task bar show

2. Icons don't show up, can't click anything on my desktop or task bar, blue loading circle...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons don't show up, can't click anything on my desktop or task bar, blue loading circle...: My pc has been acting up for a couple hours. I unzipped a file, a minecraft version 1.8.9 file and all of the files from it spread across my desktop. After that my icons disappeared and now I can't click anything on my desktop. I have tried to restart my pc multiple times, I...
  3. Icons don't show up, can't click anything on my desktop or task bar, blue loading circle...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons don't show up, can't click anything on my desktop or task bar, blue loading circle...: My pc has been acting up for a couple hours. I unzipped a file, a minecraft version 1.8.9 file and all of the files from it spread across my desktop. After that my icons disappeared and now I can't click anything on my desktop. I have tried to restart my pc multiple times, I...
  4. Icons don't show up, can't click anything on my desktop or task bar, blue loading circle...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Select which icons appear on the task bar showing wrong icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Select which icons appear on the task bar showing wrong icons: Attached Image says it all really.Bluetooth is saying ThunderbirdSpeaker is saying Google DriveetcAny suggestions please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/select-which-icons-appear-on-the-task-bar-showing/ed852b14-9af5-443f-9eac-b6c4a81bdd5b
  6. Select which icons appear on the task bar showing wrong icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Select which icons appear on the task bar showing wrong icons: Attached Image says it all really.Bluetooth is saying ThunderbirdSpeaker is saying Google DriveetcAny suggestions please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/select-which-icons-appear-on-the-task-bar-showing/ed852b14-9af5-443f-9eac-b6c4a81bdd5b
  7. Select which icons appear on the task bar showing wrong icons

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. No battery icon showing up on task bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No battery icon showing up on task bar: [ATTACH] Last night before I turn my laptop off, It was around 40%, so I'll know that I need to charge it the next time I use it. I've waited for 5 mins to show the battery icon to pop up and It won't show, I looked into settings and it is "on" but it's not on my taskbar,...
  9. Invisible icon that i cannot click that shows up over anything I open.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Invisible icon that i cannot click that shows up over anything I open.: [IMG] I was looking through my windows menu and accidentally pulled my Movies and TV icon onto the desktop and cannot seem to get rid of it. I cannot click or right click the icon, and it shows up over anything I open. Please help!!!...
  10. What is this icon that appears on my task bar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What is this icon that appears on my task bar?: [ATTACH] This icon (The one with the refresh symbol and the orange dot) keeps appearing on my task bar, whenever I mouse over it it disappears and turns into a horizontal scroll icon, then when I un-mouse over the scroll icon disappears and it doesn't reappear for a while....