Windows 10: My taskbar and cursor is flickering and All options on Advanced Start Up menu seems to not work

Discus and support My taskbar and cursor is flickering and All options on Advanced Start Up menu seems to not work in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My laptop seems fine when i started opening it but after signing in, the taskbar and cursor flickers. I can't click any icons on the task bar and there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JakeOlase, Jul 21, 2020.

1. JakeOlase Win User

My taskbar and cursor is flickering and All options on Advanced Start Up menu seems to not work

My laptop seems fine when i started opening it but after signing in, the taskbar and cursor flickers. I can't click any icons on the task bar and there are no apps on the desktop. They say i should open task manager to see of ot flickers as well but it doesnt open. nor win+r. all apps dont open. I do believe this is caused by an incompatible program, since i forced shutdown my pc while waiting for a program to be installed for several hours it was at 99% for hours and cannot be canceled for unknown reasons and i have urgent thing to do

So I go to advanced start up options and all the available options seems to not work

I cannot system restore because it says there werent any restore point which is weird because it has before because when i need it

When I reset pc since it says it cannot reset my.pc

when i start up repair, ot also says i cannot reair

when i choose start up options to restart in safe mode,it doesnt work. taskbar and cursor still flickers

it only flickers after signing in.

:)

JakeOlase, Jul 21, 2020

2. flickering cursor after upgrade to win 10

It seems to me that ending processes in the Task Manager is not the best way to fix the problem, particularly when it is not understood exactly what that process controls and how it effects software performance in other areas.

I have isolated the flickering screen to a specific problem...

When my computer starts up the mouse pointer automatically starts flickering. I isolated the problem to the global IME. It seems that starting the computer in the default English language causes the rapid cursor blinking.

To stop it, I click the Microsoft key and the space bar which toggles the language IME menu on the right side of the screen. Using my flickering mouse pointer, I double click on any other language in the list besides English...the flickering immediately
    stops and my mouse pointer works correctly in every way.

I repeat this step each time I log on and it works. I've probably done it 50 or so times now with the same successfuly outcome. But, it would be nice if the Microsoft gurus came up with a fix for this so that I don't have to do it each time. MICROSOFT ARE
    YOU LISTENING???

NORESPONSEFROMLIVESUPPORT, Jul 21, 2020
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Start menu and taskbar not working.

Hi Deva,

Thank you for updating.

I suggest you to refer the link below and follow the troubleshooting steps suggested.

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/get-help-windows-start-menu

Hope the Start menu works after performing the steps suggested. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jul 21, 2020
  4. Naki Win User

My taskbar and cursor is flickering and All options on Advanced Start Up menu seems to not work

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Thema:

1. My taskbar and cursor is flickering and All options on Advanced Start Up menu seems to not work - Similar Threads - taskbar cursor flickering

2. Start menu and taskbar not working on start-up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu and taskbar not working on start-up: Hi there,I have a problem with my pc.When i start up windows 10, i can log-in and i get to my desktop, but my start menu and taskbar still need to load in for 5-10 mins. Ive tried resetting the pc, getting a new one and using windows 11 bypass TPM 2.0 and secure boot on...
  3. Start menu and taskbar not working on start-up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu and taskbar not working on start-up: Hi there,I have a problem with my pc.When i start up windows 10, i can log-in and i get to my desktop, but my start menu and taskbar still need to load in for 5-10 mins. Ive tried resetting the pc, getting a new one and using windows 11 bypass TPM 2.0 and secure boot on...
  4. Start menu and taskbar not working on start-up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Cursor and screen flickers when as Start menu is open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor and screen flickers when as Start menu is open: Hi. My mouse cursor flickers when I open Start menu and a few screen flashes, black flashes in full screen and white flashes only at the bottom about one inch height. I already tried reformatting and reinstalling Windows and reinstalling graphics drivers. My laptop is Acer...
  6. Cursor and screen flickers when as Start menu is open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cursor and screen flickers when as Start menu is open: Hi. My mouse cursor flickers when I open Start menu and a few screen flashes, black flashes in full screen and white flashes only at the bottom about one inch height. I already tried reformatting and reinstalling Windows and reinstalling graphics drivers. My laptop is Acer...
  7. Cursor and screen flickers when as Start menu is open

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. My laptop's keyboard is not working only in start-up menu /bios setting /advance options .

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My laptop's keyboard is not working only in start-up menu /bios setting /advance options .: Hello,I am Himanshu my laptop's keyboard is not working only in bios settings whereas it works smoothly in other conditions.and I am not able to open bios setting by the keyboard key .please tell me any solution .I want to enable tpm from bios ....
  9. Flickering start menu options

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Flickering start menu options: I just started having this issue a couple days ago and I'm not even sure how to google the issue to even try to fix it. I have tried unplugging my keyboard to see if it was a weird key being held down issue but no luck. Does anyone have an idea what the issue may be? Also...
  10. Advance Start up > Advanced options password disable

in Windows 10 Customization
    Advance Start up > Advanced options password disable: I was looking at an article on how one can reset a windows password if you've forgotten it by going into Advanced Startup Press the shift key + restart to boot to Advanced Startup Select Troubleshoot Select Advance Options Select Command prompt And then running some...