Windows 10: My taskbar broke?

Discus and support My taskbar broke? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Alright, so I'm just browsing the web, and out of NOWHERE my taskbar does this :[ATTACH]please give me answers of how to solve this! I can't see the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by YoshikageKiraa, Jun 16, 2019.

1. My taskbar broke?

Alright, so I'm just browsing the web, and out of NOWHERE my taskbar does this : My taskbar broke? 887fe2b9-78ef-4f30-bdf5-9f21ff86b28a?upload=true.png please give me answers of how to solve this! I can't see the time and date anymore, and it just looks overall bad.

:)

YoshikageKiraa, Jun 16, 2019
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jun 16, 2019
  3. how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Jun 16, 2019
  4. My taskbar broke?

Taskbar Issue with Multiple Monitors

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

Please share the information below:

• Are you using a Local Account or a Microsoft Account?
    • What is the make and model of your PC?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Taskbar and select Properties.
    • Check if the option for Lock the Taskbar and Auto-hide the taskbar
      are ticked.
    • If they are ticked then uncheck the option for Auto-hide the taskbar.

Also, suggest you to update the Display driver by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 16, 2019
Thema:

My taskbar broke?

1. My taskbar broke? - Similar Threads - taskbar broke

2. how can I move taskbar to top of screen? UNDO what MS Broke in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can I move taskbar to top of screen? UNDO what MS Broke in Windows 11?: how can I move taskbar to top of screen? UNDO what MS Broke in Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-move-taskbar-to-top-of-screen-undo-what/f6a2c303-27fc-4eee-b8cc-dc84ad124432
  3. how can I move taskbar to top of screen? UNDO what MS Broke in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can I move taskbar to top of screen? UNDO what MS Broke in Windows 11?: how can I move taskbar to top of screen? UNDO what MS Broke in Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-move-taskbar-to-top-of-screen-undo-what/f6a2c303-27fc-4eee-b8cc-dc84ad124432
  4. Where are all of my taskbar pins????? Your update broke my Win 10 taskbar. I have over 40...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where are all of my taskbar pins????? Your update broke my Win 10 taskbar. I have over 40...: Microsoft, your updates must be thoroughly tested BEFORE you release these updates to your customers. Fix your test capabilities. You have blown away my taskbar pins. It will cost me days of time to rebuild, if I'm even able to as I have to locate numerous programs throughout...
  5. Where are all of my taskbar pins????? Your update broke my Win 10 taskbar. I have over 40...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Where are all of my taskbar pins????? Your update broke my Win 10 taskbar. I have over 40...: Microsoft, your updates must be thoroughly tested BEFORE you release these updates to your customers. Fix your test capabilities. You have blown away my taskbar pins. It will cost me days of time to rebuild, if I'm even able to as I have to locate numerous programs throughout...
  6. Where are all of my taskbar pins????? Your update broke my Win 10 taskbar. I have over 40...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Win 10 KB5005033 update kinda broke my taskbar:

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 KB5005033 update kinda broke my taskbar:: Hello, After update KB5005033 ‎11-‎Aug-‎21, task bar is not working properly: 1. cant reopen apps by clicking them on taskbar, app opens, blinks, then minimizes back; 2. cant show multiple of opened minimized windows Chrome, for example. List of opened windows blinks and...
  8. Windows 10 tweaking, somehow I broke context menus for taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 tweaking, somehow I broke context menus for taskbar icons: Hi guys. Any idea which registry setting might cause this problem? I'm currently optimizing Windows 10 2009 with VMware OSOT and somehow I broke taskbar icon/element context menus by adjusting some string I'm not aware of having this effect. Any pointer would be helpful,...
  9. December 10 update broke my taskbar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    December 10 update broke my taskbar: I caught my Win 10 Lenovo S145 laptop updating last night, so I waited for it to finish, then went to bed. This morning I find that my task bar is non-functional. I can only open a program if it has a shortcut on my desktop or if I go into a program folder and find the...
  10. 2004 update broke my taskbar, I can't right click icons and the calendar preview is gone...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2004 update broke my taskbar, I can't right click icons and the calendar preview is gone...: I installed the feature update version 2004 back in mid August and my taskbar/calendar preview has been broken ever since. I can't right click on taskbar icons. I can only 'Shift+Right Click'. Right clicking on taskbar icons also bugs Windows Explorer so if I'm watching a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. taskbar broken