Windows 10: My taskbar buttons done broke

Discus and support My taskbar buttons done broke in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; For the past week or so the buttons on my task bar haven't been working. I can't open Start, Search, Notifications, settings, etc, however I can open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LakotaWestCockroach, Feb 22, 2020.

1. My taskbar buttons done broke

For the past week or so the buttons on my task bar haven't been working. I can't open Start, Search, Notifications, settings, etc, however I can open apps pinned to the taskbar. I've tried restarting windows explorer, rebooting my computer, running antivirus, looking for currupted files in Powershell, resetting and restoring the Index, reinstalling windows apps. I've literally been to like 10 sites and nothing is working. Help!!!

submitted by /u/LakotaWestCockroach
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/LakotaWestCockroach, Feb 22, 2020
  2. Paolo Mag Win User

Problem with a combine taskbar icons.

Hello,

In Windows 10, you can personalize the settings of your taskbar. If there are multiple applications opened, same applications will be combined under one taskbar button. If you want to change this setting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Press the Start button.
    • Click on the Settings app.
    • Select Personalization.
    • At the left side of your window, click on Taskbar.
    • Under Combine taskbar buttons, choose Never.

Kindly update us with the results and if you have further queries, feel free to post back.

Paolo Mag, Feb 22, 2020
  3. Volume button is invisible on taskbar.

Hi,

You can customize which icons to appear on the taskbar. Based on the information you have provided it possible that the volume was not set to appear on the taskbar. To customize the taskbar notification area, you can refer to the steps below:

• On the Start menu, type Settings, and then hit Enter.
    • Under Notification area, click Select which icons appear on the taskbar.
    • Click Volume button to toggle it on or off.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Feb 22, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

My taskbar buttons done broke

Moving the taskbar

Hi Kim,

You can customize your taskbar to pin your favorite apps to it, move it to where you want to display on your screen, and specify how taskbar buttons group together when you have more than one window open. To address your question, we suggest
    that you follow these steps on how to move your taskbar to a different location on the screen:

• Open Settings and choose Personalization.
    • Select Taskbar.
    • Under Taskbar location on the screen, click the drop-down menu and select
      Bottom.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Feb 22, 2020
Thema:

My taskbar buttons done broke

1. My taskbar buttons done broke - Similar Threads - taskbar buttons done

2. Combined taskbar buttons / collapsing taskbar buttons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Combined taskbar buttons / collapsing taskbar buttons: question1: has MS resolved the combined taskbar buttons / collapsing taskbar buttons? do users have a choice to UNcombine / not have icons collapse?question2: if not, does MS officially, in writing recommend a third party SW? i'm reading complaints & folks pointing to third...
  3. Combined taskbar buttons / collapsing taskbar buttons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Combined taskbar buttons / collapsing taskbar buttons: question1: has MS resolved the combined taskbar buttons / collapsing taskbar buttons? do users have a choice to UNcombine / not have icons collapse?question2: if not, does MS officially, in writing recommend a third party SW? i'm reading complaints & folks pointing to third...
  4. December 10 update broke my taskbar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    December 10 update broke my taskbar: I caught my Win 10 Lenovo S145 laptop updating last night, so I waited for it to finish, then went to bed. This morning I find that my task bar is non-functional. I can only open a program if it has a shortcut on my desktop or if I go into a program folder and find the...
  5. Taskbar buttons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar buttons: I have a lot of applications pinned to my taskbar. I don't want to unpin all of them. When I was setting up my pc I accidentally changed the setting of my applications in my taskbar. Only the applications I had open were showing. I took it off so now all of them are showing...
  6. Windows done broke

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows done broke: Ok. So I have never posted a question nor had to post a question about my computer. But, the other day, I had an outlet catch fire. Long story short my computer got shut off all of a sudden, and when I turned it back on, it just stopped doing everything normally. I had lost...
  7. Taskbar buttons

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar buttons: Since the 1903 update, when I hover the cursor over a taskbar button I no longer get a thumbnail preview. How do I get the thumbnail back? Thank you 135496
  8. My taskbar broke?

in Windows 10 Customization
    My taskbar broke?: Alright, so I'm just browsing the web, and out of NOWHERE my taskbar does this :[ATTACH]please give me answers of how to solve this! I can't see the time and date anymore, and it just looks overall bad....
  9. Done button missing in video editor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Done button missing in video editor: I am trying to add music to a video but the "done" button is missing so I can't do it. Please help!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/done-button-missing-in-video-editor/d0ffa942-c8de-436c-bd44-dfa9d864ebb3
  10. Windows taskbar icons broke

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows taskbar icons broke: I have had a few times when the windows icons do not do anything when left clicking. The windows Start menu , cortana icon , notification panel, clock. All of my desktop icons work fine. Anyone have an idea what needs to be done to get this going again? Thank you 28031