Windows 10: My Taskbar buttons don't work (Restart, Search, Internet access, Notifications).

Discus and support My Taskbar buttons don't work (Restart, Search, Internet access, Notifications). in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have Windows 10 Pro, Ver. 1709 on a brand new Desktop. After about a month, my Taskbar buttons stopped responding (Restart, Search, Internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by newu_873, Dec 18, 2018.

1. newu_873 Win User

My Taskbar buttons don't work (Restart, Search, Internet access, Notifications).

Hi,

I have Windows 10 Pro, Ver. 1709 on a brand new Desktop. After about a month, my Taskbar buttons stopped responding (Restart, Search, Internet access, Notifications). The anticipated menus don't pop-up. I tried the solution of Clean Boot as Administrator, but it didn't help. Also in the Safe Mode those buttons don't work. However, in a new different account (non-administrator), those buttons work fine -- in regular Windows operation and in Safe Mode. I saw elsewhere the suggestion that the Cortana might be the culprit, but I don't see any Cortana process in my Task Manager.

Any ideas ??

:)

newu_873, Dec 18, 2018
  2. JDivineŠ Win User

stuff that don`t work

Nice, no answers what so ever... still can`t open new notifications, still right-click don`t work on taskbar... and still no answer as to why

JDivineŠ, Dec 18, 2018
  3. Miflon Win User
    Start, calendar, notification, speaker, Internet access, search buttons disabled

Hi. After Windows critical update on 06/01/2018 all buttons of the taskbar except program launchers and hided icones work anymore. I tryed without success many solutions but that did not solve this issue.

When i deconnect and reconnect entering my password, Start, calendar, notification, speaker, Internet access or search button works only once. My laptop is an Inspiron 3551 with wondows 8.1immediatly updated to windows 10.

Thanks for helping.

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup]

Miflon, Dec 18, 2018
  4. Arul_D Win User

My Taskbar buttons don't work (Restart, Search, Internet access, Notifications).

How can I hide the notification icon on my taskbar

Hello,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the steps to hide the notification icon on your taskbar.

• Type Settings on your search bar

• Click on systems

• Select notifications and actions

• Disable all the notifications on the screen
    Hope this information helps. If you have further queries, we will be happy to help.

Arul_D, Dec 18, 2018
Thema:

1. My Taskbar buttons don't work (Restart, Search, Internet access, Notifications). - Similar Threads - Taskbar buttons don't

2. Start button and search button of the taskbar not working

in Cortana
    Start button and search button of the taskbar not working: Hi everyone I have just recently started to experience this issue from reading other posted it would appear to be a fairly common occurrence " Start button and search button of the taskbar not working "As suggested on the post below I have followed each instruction but I...
  3. Start button and search button of the taskbar not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start button and search button of the taskbar not working: Hi everyone I have just recently started to experience this issue from reading other posted it would appear to be a fairly common occurrence " Start button and search button of the taskbar not working "As suggested on the post below I have followed each instruction but I...
  4. Start button and search button of the taskbar not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Start button and search button of the taskbar not working.

in Cortana
    Start button and search button of the taskbar not working.: My PC start and search button of the taskbar is not functioning. Whenever I clicked on start and search button, nothing happens, there is no start menu and no search dialogue box on clicking those buttons. However, when I hover on the start and search buttons, they display...
  6. Taskbar (start button, search bar, notifications) frozen/ not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar (start button, search bar, notifications) frozen/ not working: I recently installed a new ssd but since ive lost permissions and since changing that ive lost the ability to use the taskbar on my desktop. Ive already tried restarting windows expporer and ran scans on both command promt and powershell and its telling me 67 things dont...
  7. Taskbar buttons stopped responding (Start, Search, Internet access, Notifications)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar buttons stopped responding (Start, Search, Internet access, Notifications): Hi, I have Windows 10 Pro, Ver. 1709 on a brand new Desktop. After about a month, my Taskbar buttons stopped responding (Start, Search, Internet access, Notifications). The anticipated menus don't pop-up. Also, in the Safe Mode those buttons don't work. But some other...
  8. Taskbar buttons stopped responding (Restart, Search, Internet access, Notifications)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar buttons stopped responding (Restart, Search, Internet access, Notifications): Hi, I have Windows 10 Pro, Ver. 1709 on a brand new Desktop. After about a month, my Taskbar buttons stopped responding (Restart, Search, Internet access, Notifications). The anticipated menus don't pop-up. Also, in the Safe Mode those buttons don't work. But some other...
  9. Taskbar search button

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar search button: How do I add the search button to my taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-search-button/ad27bc58-320c-4371-b764-3d65df762d8d
  10. Start button, search and date/time on the taskbar don't work

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Start button, search and date/time on the taskbar don't work: Right now, and for no apparent reason, when I click on the task bar on the start menu, the search function or the date/time, nothing happens.... This first appeared during a background Windows update (I realized later, during reboot, that Windows was updating. I was in a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. taskbar buttons dont work

2. buttons on taskbar dont work