Windows 10: My taskbar buttons (no labels) are a little too wide and don't seem to be the default...

Discus and support My taskbar buttons (no labels) are a little too wide and don't seem to be the default... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [IMG] submitted by /u/DVXC [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h10og8/my_taskbar_buttons_no_labels_are_a_little_too/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DVXC, Jun 11, 2020.

1. /u/DVXC Win User

My taskbar buttons (no labels) are a little too wide and don't seem to be the default...

/u/DVXC, Jun 11, 2020
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Hide taskbar labels - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

You may try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Right click a blank area on the taskbar and choose
      Taskbar Settings.

• Under Combine Taskbar Buttons, choose
      Always, hide labels.

• Exit Settings.

You may also go through How to use the taskbar
    for further help.

Hope it helps.

Junaid_A, Jun 13, 2020
  3. John Fer Win User
    Taskbar - to restore to default settings

Hi,

To change the settings for the icons on your taskbar, follow the steps below:

• Right click on your taskbar.
    • Select on Settings.
    • On the pop-up window, look for the Combine taskbar buttons option.
    • Click on the drop-down arrow and choose Always, hide labels.
    • Once done, you can now close the settings window.

These steps should help you with your issue.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

John Fer, Jun 13, 2020
  4. Spectre-4 Win User

My taskbar buttons (no labels) are a little too wide and don't seem to be the default...

Labels on Taskbar Icons

Hi,

Please try Right Clicking on the Taskbar > Settings > "Combine Taskbar Buttons" > "Always hide labels". This should show the default where only icons are used, if this does not work let me know so we can troubleshoot further.

Spectre-4, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

1. My taskbar buttons (no labels) are a little too wide and don't seem to be the default... - Similar Threads - taskbar buttons labels

2. Option to UNGROUP the buttons, but HIDE the labels in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Option to UNGROUP the buttons, but HIDE the labels in the taskbar: Hello everyone! So far, we don't have an option in the Windows 11 taskbar settings to UNGROUP the buttons, but HIDE the labels in the taskbar, only to ungroup AND show labels. I don't understand why Microsoft does this kind of thing. First, they remove something important,...
  3. Option to UNGROUP the buttons, but HIDE the labels in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Option to UNGROUP the buttons, but HIDE the labels in the taskbar: Hello everyone! So far, we don't have an option in the Windows 11 taskbar settings to UNGROUP the buttons, but HIDE the labels in the taskbar, only to ungroup AND show labels. I don't understand why Microsoft does this kind of thing. First, they remove something important,...
  4. Labels on taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Labels on taskbar: I understand Microsoft for Windows 11 has brought back a feature to "never combine" or "combine only when the taskbar is full. I found this article. https://pureinfotech.com/show-taskbar-labels-never-combine-windows-11/ I don't have the feature. Any thoughts or suggestions...
  5. Labels on taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Labels on taskbar: I understand Microsoft for Windows 11 has brought back a feature to "never combine" or "combine only when the taskbar is full. I found this article. https://pureinfotech.com/show-taskbar-labels-never-combine-windows-11/ I don't have the feature. Any thoughts or suggestions...
  6. Search button on task bar is too wide

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search button on task bar is too wide: the Search button on the task bar is too wide. How do I adjust it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-button-on-task-bar-is-too-wide/aa1492a6-9b96-44c8-8c2b-8965c7784885
  7. Wide Taskbar

Wide Taskbar: The taskbar is wider than the screen and cuts off the notification center. Any Ideas on how to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wide-taskbar/1c297ae4-34b8-4e0b-bc4c-9a476d9de11f
  8. Vertical Taskbar too wide

Vertical Taskbar too wide: Why is taskbar twice the width when moved to the vertical? I have it set at small icons but it is still twice as wide when compared to a horizontal taskbar. 172353
  9. Taskbar buttons...a little too wide

Taskbar buttons...a little too wide: So my taskbar looks like this now. The buttons are really wide for some reason. I am using Small taskbar buttons in Settings, can someone figure out how to fix this? [ATTACH] And yes, I have restarted....
  10. Windows 10 Taskbar Context Menu Too Wide

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Taskbar Context Menu Too Wide: Please see the screenshot:: Screenshot by Lightshot Also you can notice that the icons are not very easy to see. I was wondering if you could help me? I've tried everything. Also not sure if my font is the default font even though it is when I go into Chrome...