Windows 10: My taskbar covers up the power button. Please help.

Discus and support My taskbar covers up the power button. Please help. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, sorry for my English. I recently noticed that whenever I click start menu, the taskbar won't hide although I have set it to auto-hide. It covers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/noobprincess, Oct 9, 2020.

1. My taskbar covers up the power button. Please help.

Hello, sorry for my English. I recently noticed that whenever I click start menu, the taskbar won't hide although I have set it to auto-hide. It covers the Power button unless I clicked the menu. I think this issue wasn't there earlier. I've attached a video about the issue. Anyone can help?

https://reddit.com/link/j7sve4/video/xqbqvggy10s51/player

submitted by /u/noobprincess
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/noobprincess, Oct 9, 2020

2. Cover for power/reset buttons

Greetings everyone,

I was looking for some ideas for a front panel button cover, well top panel. My cat loves to jump up on the computer and step on the power button. Apparently, he has an affinity for the top case fan blowing up his ass. Anyway, it's quite annoying to be working on something and then have your pc shutdown. The closest thing I have found so far is a single gang outlet cover, but it is too big.

My case: Thermaltake T81 -
    My taskbar covers up the power button. Please help. [​IMG]

I know there are people here far more creative than I so I figured I would ask for some help while I continue to browse around. Thanks!

moproblems99, Oct 9, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Cover for power/reset buttons

How about using some lego hinge to cover the power button?

P4-630, Oct 9, 2020
  4. My taskbar covers up the power button. Please help.

Search on Taskbar covers up icons

Hi,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Please be informed that there is no way to shift the icons on the taskbar to right. It is per the system design. As you do not want to use the search icon, perform the below steps as a work around and check if it helps.

• Right click on the empty area on the taskbar, click on
      Properties.

• Click on Taskbar tab, check the box
      Use small taskbar buttons.

• Select Always combine, hide labels from the
      Taskbar buttons: drop down menu.

• Click on Apply button and click on
      OK button.
    This will help you to certain extent as the search bar will not cover the all icons on the taskbar.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Oct 9, 2020
Thema:

My taskbar covers up the power button. Please help.

1. My taskbar covers up the power button. Please help. - Similar Threads - taskbar covers power

2. My laptop won't start with power button..... please help me

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop won't start with power button..... please help me: My laptop won't start with power button..... please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-wont-start-with-power-button-please-help/45164bb6-a742-4e9e-93b1-b1940b399427
  3. My laptop won't start with power button..... please help me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop won't start with power button..... please help me: My laptop won't start with power button..... please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-wont-start-with-power-button-please-help/45164bb6-a742-4e9e-93b1-b1940b399427
  4. My laptop won't start with power button..... please help me

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My PC gets woken up by the power button, without pressing the power button...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC gets woken up by the power button, without pressing the power button...: My desktop PC randomly wakes from sleep on its own after a few minutes or so. Referring back to this thread, I checked the powercfg log using "powercfg -lastwake" run as admin in powershell. Curiously, this reports back withWake History Count - 1Wake History [0] Wake Source...
  6. My PC gets woken up by the power button, without pressing the power button...

My PC gets woken up by the power button, without pressing the power button...: My desktop PC randomly wakes from sleep on its own after a few minutes or so. Referring back to this thread, I checked the powercfg log using "powercfg -lastwake" run as admin in powershell. Curiously, this reports back withWake History Count - 1Wake History [0] Wake Source...
  7. Browsers covering up the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Browsers covering up the taskbar?: I'm not sure if this is a known issue, but just recently it seems everytime I open a web browser windows 11 the bottom part extends over the taskbar and I am unable to use it the window is not in fullscreen mode. It only seems to happen with web browsers tried edge, google...
  8. Browsers covering up the taskbar?

Browsers covering up the taskbar?: I'm not sure if this is a known issue, but just recently it seems everytime I open a web browser windows 11 the bottom part extends over the taskbar and I am unable to use it the window is not in fullscreen mode. It only seems to happen with web browsers tried edge, google...
  9. Flashing power button/not powering up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Flashing power button/not powering up: Hi I have a lenovo yoga laptop and for the past few days it wont turn on even though it is fully charged. Whenever I press the on button it starts to flash and the screen is black and i cant hear it starting up . Please help my computer has a lot of important files for...
  10. Power Buttons on Taskbar?

in Windows 10 Support
    Power Buttons on Taskbar?: Is there a way to put a shortcut on the taskbar that would perform a shutdown when clicked? And another one that would perform a restart? 37232