Windows 10: My taskbar enlarged itself but not vertically like with other complaints.

Discus and support My taskbar enlarged itself but not vertically like with other complaints. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I enlarged the taskbar so you can see it better [ATTACH] So what I think happened is I accidentally extended the message bar and now everything is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AnnoyedWithTaskbar, Dec 21, 2020.

1. My taskbar enlarged itself but not vertically like with other complaints.

I enlarged the taskbar so you can see it better

My taskbar enlarged itself but not vertically like with other complaints. 222a29f6-f8cb-493f-9f7f-32a7c1b80213?upload=true.png

So what I think happened is I accidentally extended the message bar and now everything is out of whack. I basically just need help undoing this or a method to shrink it again.

:)

AnnoyedWithTaskbar, Dec 21, 2020
  2. Liezl Fal Win User

vertical taskbar width

Hi Jim,

To be able to drag the taskbar and make it narrower the way you like it, please unlock it first.

To do it, here are the steps:

• Right click on the Taskbar and unlock it by unchecking the
      Lock all taskbars option.

• Drag the edge of the bar and arrange it according to your preference.
    • Right click on the task bar and lock it again once done.
    Let us know if you need more help.

Regards.

Liezl Fal, Dec 21, 2020
  3. Edwin Win User
    Multiple columns in vertical taskbar?

I'm guessing the 'Pinned' Taskbar Icons stay in a single row because of the whole thumbnail preview thing.
    Perhaps with a 3rd party utility...
    Multiple rows are easily achieved creating a new Toolbar, (right click Taskbar/Toolbars/New toolbar...)
    unlock the Taskbar and drag Toolbars to desired position by hovering of the double separator bars til you see a double headed arrow, (you can drag them over top of each other to flip their positions)...

My taskbar enlarged itself but not vertically like with other complaints. [​IMG]

My taskbar enlarged itself but not vertically like with other complaints. [​IMG]

Edwin, Dec 21, 2020
  4. Grzegorz Win User

My taskbar enlarged itself but not vertically like with other complaints.

Multiple columns in vertical taskbar?

Is there any chance/hack/possibility to have multiple columns when locating the taskbar on the side of the desktop?
    I mean, when vertical, no matter how thick the taskbar is made, there is always only one icons column and one needs to scroll it, when those do not fit:

The only thing I found on the Net related to this is this topic:
    taskbar doesn't stack when vertical? - Windows 7 Help Forums
    But - first - I totally don't get this patent with a folder (?), and second - there are some years that passed, maybe, finally, there is a way to do this...? Or any taskbar tweaker, skin, whatever...?

Grzegorz, Dec 21, 2020
Thema:

My taskbar enlarged itself but not vertically like with other complaints.

1. My taskbar enlarged itself but not vertically like with other complaints. - Similar Threads - taskbar enlarged itself

2. Enlarge Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enlarge Taskbar: Just purchased a new HP laptop w/ Windows 11 & have been told that one cannot enlarge the taskbar. Surely Microsoft wouldn’t discriminate against the visually impaired. Can anyone confirm whether this is true?...
  3. Enlarge Taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enlarge Taskbar: Just purchased a new HP laptop w/ Windows 11 & have been told that one cannot enlarge the taskbar. Surely Microsoft wouldn’t discriminate against the visually impaired. Can anyone confirm whether this is true?...
  4. return vertical taskbar??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    return vertical taskbar??: Would love to hear news if microsoft is bringing back the vertical task bar or not, considering they've added a vertical task bar to edge recently which has short cuts to office tools as well as applications I don't see why they are permanently against allowing users to set...
  5. return vertical taskbar??

return vertical taskbar??: Would love to hear news if microsoft is bringing back the vertical task bar or not, considering they've added a vertical task bar to edge recently which has short cuts to office tools as well as applications I don't see why they are permanently against allowing users to set...
  6. Move entire taskbar to left, vertically like every other windows version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move entire taskbar to left, vertically like every other windows version: When will this be made available? It is a huge usability gap! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-entire-taskbar-to-left-vertically-like-every/f2823db5-d34a-44b6-896a-c173deae8568
  7. Move entire taskbar to left, vertically like every other windows version

Move entire taskbar to left, vertically like every other windows version: When will this be made available? It is a huge usability gap! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-entire-taskbar-to-left-vertically-like-every/f2823db5-d34a-44b6-896a-c173deae8568
  8. Flip vertical taskbar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Flip vertical taskbar?: Is there a utility to flip the vertical taskbar so that the start button and program icons are on the bottom? I have a secondary monitor with a vertical taskbar and it'd be nice to have the icons more in line with the end of my primary monitor. I'm already running 7+ Taskbar...
  9. Compatibility Complaints and Other Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Compatibility Complaints and Other Issues: Dear Microsoft, I am a user of Microsoft products for many years now, and I admire the continuous innovation efforts of your company. Having said that, there are quite some issues concerning the latest approach of your company towards its customers (especially after the...
  10. Vertical taskbar width

in Windows 10 Customization
    Vertical taskbar width: There's a really nice tutorial on the old forums -> Taskbar - Change Icon Button Width Size - Windows 7 Help Forums Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work for Windows 10. Is there a way to make the vertical taskbar as thin as the horizontal one? 95810