Windows 10: My taskbar is completely broken

Discus and support My taskbar is completely broken in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have been having serious trouble with my taskbar ever since windows last update. The primary monitor taskbar will not appear over ANYTHING.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AdamP6, Nov 8, 2020.

1. AdamP6 Win User

My taskbar is completely broken

I have been having serious trouble with my taskbar ever since windows last update. The primary monitor taskbar will not appear over ANYTHING. restarting does nothing and my system is fully up to date. I honestly wish I could replace it entirely. I use displayFusion but Microsoft does not let them have full control over taskbars which is extremely aggravating. I REALLY HATE how restrictive Microsoft is about that sort of thing. Just feels anti-user friendly. Really unimpressed. Huge hassle now that I'm completely unable to navigate through my windows. Guess I'll just have to sit and wait until they get off their fat rears and fix their multimillion dollar OS that can't seem to stay working longer than 1 month.

:)

AdamP6, Nov 8, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond My taskbar is completely broken :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 8, 2020
  3. MDJ
    MDJ Win User
    Windows 10 problem with duplicated icons in taskbar, broken Jump Lists

Hello,

I‘ve been recently having a problem with duplicated items in taskbar and broken Jump Lists. I‘m now using Windows 10 but this problem occurred in Windows 8.1 too but then it somehow fixed itself. Some programs that I pin to taskbar have a tendency to duplicate themselves when clicked on. For now, I‘ve noticed this behaviour only in Skype and Spotify but it‘s still very annoying since duplicate icons take valuable taskbar space and even more—make Jump Lists of those programs broken, meaning that you can still see tasks program developers provided but after you click them nothing happens.

I‘ve tried loads of times pinning, repinning, deleting whole User Pinned folder from %appdata%/Microsoft/Internet Explorer/Quick Launch, clearing Jump List folders manually and automatically with Command Prompt commands as suggested here with no luck. The only thing I did achieve was when I pinned Skype to taskbar in my other user account, then copied the newly created shortcut from Use Pinned folder to my User Pinned folder—this made Skype Jump Lists working but duplicate icon in taskbar remained.

I‘ve recently found a tutorial which may force taskbar to use only one icon per app but I can‘t check this right now as 7+ Taskbar Tweaker isn‘t yet officially available for Windows 10 users.

Thank you for taking your time and reading my message, any suggestions would be appreciated,

P. S. I don‘t know if this is related but I can‘t pin any Control Panel item to Quick Access whilst I can pin folders. Interesting side of this is that pinned Control Panel items appear in File Explorer's Jump List but after clicked I get a message that item is unavailable and that it might have been moved, renamed or removed.

4. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Nov 8, 2020
Thema:

1. My taskbar is completely broken - Similar Threads - taskbar completely broken

2. my audio drivers are completely broken

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my audio drivers are completely broken: I used to have Realtek audio drivers, after a month of my pc being off I Finally got time and went to use my pc i ended up updating the drivers and all of the sudden Realtek is gone and is taken over by High definition audio device although after the update everything was...
  3. my audio drivers are completely broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my audio drivers are completely broken: I used to have Realtek audio drivers, after a month of my pc being off I Finally got time and went to use my pc i ended up updating the drivers and all of the sudden Realtek is gone and is taken over by High definition audio device although after the update everything was...
  4. my audio drivers are completely broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My Windows Is Completely Broken

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Windows Is Completely Broken: Problems:- i cant reset yes i tried everything i could find on youtube and everytime it says "there was a problem resetting"- i cant download games because my app installer wont download yes i reset it and also went into powershell for it- cant download media tool as soon as...
  6. Taskbar, Start menu, and Settings all completely broken.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar, Start menu, and Settings all completely broken.: This problem started a few days ago, and I've tried everything on the internet to fix it. The taskbar is not working blank, with loading icon when I hover overe it Start menu doesn't work nor does searching, and I cannot open settings gives loading cursor as well What can I...
  7. My Microsoft appears to be completely broken

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Microsoft appears to be completely broken: Please help me. I have several problems with Microsoft: -Because I couldn't play any installed game and couldn't install any games on Xbox I deinstalled Xbox. -now I can't install or start any game in the Microsoft store so I can't even install Xbox again -I thought...
  8. My windows is completely broken

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My windows is completely broken: OK, so I've been using windows since around the 95 days, same windows updated version by version since then until 1909 now. NEVER have I seen the system go this bad. Activation: Failed Update: Failed Reset: Failed I have tried EVERYTHING to get the activation working on my...
  9. My windows is completely broken

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My windows is completely broken: I have no strength left. Windows does not work at all. It is broken and unusable. Clean installs does not help because it is windows, not me I have 7 different PC's all with different versions and builds, same issues all across. Biggest issues is networking does not...
  10. my computer is completely broken

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    my computer is completely broken: Hello. I recently installed the newest windows update and my computer has completely broken over it. At first, it would just freeze when booting. After trying a few things, it began to crash at the windows logo with the "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED" BSOD. All of the advanced...