Windows 10: My Taskbar is suddenly showing halfway up the screen

Discus and support My Taskbar is suddenly showing halfway up the screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I was typing something on discord and now there is this huge grey and bar and my taskbar is on half of my screen. i don;t know what to do or what keys... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Yenik_410, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Yenik_410 Win User

My Taskbar is suddenly showing halfway up the screen

I was typing something on discord and now there is this huge grey and bar and my taskbar is on half of my screen. i don;t know what to do or what keys i pressed. Someone help me please My Taskbar is suddenly showing halfway up the screen 199b3fdb-5702-411b-852e-2ab538b1721f?upload=true.png My Taskbar is suddenly showing halfway up the screen 950d86a4-cf0f-48cf-8157-5e819380038a?upload=true.jpg

:)

Yenik_410, Mar 16, 2019

2. My Taskbar suddenly stretched out

Hello,

I realize that the Taskbar is stretched or extended in Windows. We will help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Taskbar and check if the Lock the Taskbar
      is checked.
    • If it is checked, uncheck it and drag the taskbar down
      and check the taskbar to lock the taskbar again.
    • Check if the issue is resolved.
    Please post to us if the taskbar issue is resolved. We will help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Mar 16, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Taskbar sometimes on top of full-screen applications

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the Screen Resolution and check if this helps. Follow the steps below to do the same:

• Press ‘Windows ’ key on the keyboard.
    • In the search box, type Settings
    • SelectSystem > Display > Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, select a new value. We suggest you stick with the resolution marked
      "(Recommended)”.
    Also try locking and then unlocking the Taskbar and check if this helps. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click an empty space on the taskbar.
    • If Lock the Taskbar has a check mark next to it, the taskbar is locked.
    • If it does not have a check mark, click Lock the Taskbar.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Mar 16, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

How do you remove the taskbar from bottom of the screen.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern with regards to remove the lock of taskbar and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on Taskbar.

• Select properties.

• Uncheck the box lock the taskbar and check if it helps.

• And move it to the top or right or left of the screen.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Mar 16, 2019
Thema:

1. My Taskbar is suddenly showing halfway up the screen - Similar Threads - Taskbar suddenly showing

2. pointing mouse to the bottom of the screen, my taskbar pops up all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pointing mouse to the bottom of the screen, my taskbar pops up all of a sudden: it is annoying, is there a way to turn this off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pointing-mouse-to-the-bottom-of-the-screen-my/954097ff-8ecb-460e-bb82-cd20778ab26b
  3. pointing mouse to the bottom of the screen, my taskbar pops up all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pointing mouse to the bottom of the screen, my taskbar pops up all of a sudden: it is annoying, is there a way to turn this off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pointing-mouse-to-the-bottom-of-the-screen-my/954097ff-8ecb-460e-bb82-cd20778ab26b
  4. suddenly my screen showing this

in Windows 10 Gaming
    suddenly my screen showing this: Hi all, can somebody help me with the following screen, this happened a few months ago so I changed the os, and Re-installed the os. Even though after 4 or 5 days I got this screen again. what should I do?? WHAT SHOULD I DO TO STOP COMING THIS ON NEXT TIMEPS: - I didn't...
  5. suddenly my screen showing this

suddenly my screen showing this: Hi all, can somebody help me with the following screen, this happened a few months ago so I changed the os, and Re-installed the os. Even though after 4 or 5 days I got this screen again. what should I do?? WHAT SHOULD I DO TO STOP COMING THIS ON NEXT TIMEPS: - I didn't...
  6. Taskbar not showing up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar not showing up: i restarted my computer yesterday and now its weird. I cant connect to wifi which it usually auto connects to, settings is now unresponsive, taskbar is also unresponsive. Whenever i try to press the windows key either it refreshes the computer, it shows up everything but when...
  7. Taskbar showing up on Alt+Tab screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar showing up on Alt+Tab screen: My taskbar started showing up on the alt+tab screen yesterday. It shows like a sort of app but when you switch to it, nothing happens. I tried to click X in hope of closing it, but it instead shows the Shut Down Windows dialogue. I plugged in a flash drive from my friend...
  8. Suddenly notepad will not show up ?

Suddenly notepad will not show up ?: Notepad suddenly will not expose it self when I open it. Anyone know how this is possible ? 155940
  9. Several things showing up halfway up the screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Several things showing up halfway up the screen: Several things on my computer screen are showing up halfway up the screen or being cutoff. Please see below for examples: Below is an image of the start menu. Notice how the search bar is above where it should be. [IMG] So then when I search for something, the entire...
  10. My Taskbar menu's are appearing halfway up the screen.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Taskbar menu's are appearing halfway up the screen.: I don't know how else to describe my problem, here are some screenshots so you can have a better idea of what is happening, while this could probably be fixed with a restart, I just want to know why this is happening. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] This next one is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. taskbar half way on screen

2. Windows 10 taskbar halfway up halfway the icons halfway

3. windows 10 problem start bar showing on half the screen

4. windows 10 task bar half of the screen,
  5. problem with my computer lcd half taskbar,
  6. how to exit from task bar that is halfway up the screen,
  7. my taskbar is suddenly showing halfway up the screen,
  8. task bar half way up screen,
  9. why is task bar half way up my screen,
  10. My start menu is halfway up my screen,
  11. windows 10 taskbar halfway up screen