Windows 10: My Taskbar menu's are appearing halfway up the screen.

Discus and support My Taskbar menu's are appearing halfway up the screen. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I don't know how else to describe my problem, here are some screenshots so you can have a better idea of what is happening, while this could probably... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Le_ando, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Le_ando Win User

My Taskbar menu's are appearing halfway up the screen.

I don't know how else to describe my problem, here are some screenshots so you can have a better idea of what is happening, while this could probably be fixed with a restart, I just want to know why this is happening.

My Taskbar menu's are appearing halfway up the screen. 6f62ddc8-3b03-4512-bfa4-5e59a9095654?upload=true.png

My Taskbar menu's are appearing halfway up the screen. f13c8838-5c11-4ed8-a484-24fc95f13d1b?upload=true.png

My Taskbar menu's are appearing halfway up the screen. 719d8b5f-e76a-4267-822f-d3e97c8683de?upload=true.png

My Taskbar menu's are appearing halfway up the screen. 10b6c541-326e-4981-a72d-1b7ab749ffe0?upload=true.png

This next one is probably the strangest

:

My Taskbar menu's are appearing halfway up the screen. 33b1e055-7c2e-4939-8931-4021e23db469?upload=true.png

I've looked around online and couldn't find anybody with a similar issue, again this could probably be fixed with a restart, but I'm curious as to what exactly has happened.

:)

Le_ando, Aug 18, 2019
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Aug 18, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Moving the taskbar

Hi Kim,

You can customize your taskbar to pin your favorite apps to it, move it to where you want to display on your screen, and specify how taskbar buttons group together when you have more than one window open. To address your question, we suggest
    that you follow these steps on how to move your taskbar to a different location on the screen:

• Open Settings and choose Personalization.
    • Select Taskbar.
    • Under Taskbar location on the screen, click the drop-down menu and select
      Bottom.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Aug 18, 2019
Thema:

1. My Taskbar menu's are appearing halfway up the screen. - Similar Threads - Taskbar menu's are

2. Why this appeared on my taskbar ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why this appeared on my taskbar ?: What does UV t... Means ? Its a widget that appeared for few seconds on my task bar where the weather always shows up i googled it and didn't find anything about what that means is it something related to weather app or its a bloatware of something else? Has anyone seen it...
  3. Unknown transprent screen is appearing above my taskbar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown transprent screen is appearing above my taskbar.: Hello Sir,I am Siddhant Poddar from India Chhattisgarh . I am using Windows 11 Home Single Language 21H2 OS Build 22000.556.Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.556.0 When i update windows 10 to windwos 11 after some time of operating the system shows a unknown small...
  4. Unknown transprent screen is appearing above my taskbar.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown transprent screen is appearing above my taskbar.: Hello Sir,I am Siddhant Poddar from India Chhattisgarh . I am using Windows 11 Home Single Language 21H2 OS Build 22000.556.Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.556.0 When i update windows 10 to windwos 11 after some time of operating the system shows a unknown small...
  5. Start Menu doesnt appear correctly in my second screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu doesnt appear correctly in my second screen: Hi everyone, I am new here My start menu appears partially. I have try to fix it in the display settings, but I cuoldnt figure out how to do it. I am using all the recommended settings.Any help is appreciated, thanks!...
  6. Several things showing up halfway up the screen

Several things showing up halfway up the screen: Several things on my computer screen are showing up halfway up the screen or being cutoff. Please see below for examples: Below is an image of the start menu. Notice how the search bar is above where it should be. [IMG] So then when I search for something, the entire...
  7. Applications Appear on Taskbar But Not on Screen

Applications Appear on Taskbar But Not on Screen: For starters, I use an Acer Predator 15 with an Intel Core i7, 16GB Ram and a 970M graphics card (let me know if you require any further info). The laptop is not that old (2 and a half years) and has no performance issues when it comes to running the applications that...
  8. My Taskbar is suddenly showing halfway up the screen

My Taskbar is suddenly showing halfway up the screen: I was typing something on discord and now there is this huge grey and bar and my taskbar is on half of my screen. i don;t know what to do or what keys i pressed. Someone help me please[ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  9. Surface Pro 3 Taskbar menu keeps appearing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Pro 3 Taskbar menu keeps appearing: Hi, I have an issue when I am using my Surface Pro 3 (Win 10). My mouse cursor will keep disappearing down to the taskbar and then the Taskbar menu (the one that would appear if you right clicked over the taskbar) appears. It will do this many times and requires me to press...
  10. Start up menu and Taskbar problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Start up menu and Taskbar problems: I have spent all day trying different cures for the Startup menu and task bar freeze problem to no avail. The problem does not exist in my user acct only in the wife's and she is getting upset. I did some how get it to stop locking out and forcing a restart. I wish I knew...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. start menu shows half way up screen

2. task bar halfwy

3. screen halfway up the screen

4. start menu appearing half way up the screen,
  5. windows notifications appearing halfway up screen