Windows 10: My taskbar on right side resizes itself after restart due to display scaling

Discus and support My taskbar on right side resizes itself after restart due to display scaling in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,I'm running windows 10 64bit Pro. I have my taskbar on the right had side of one of my monitors. I have 5 monitors connected to my PC.When I reboot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Oliver Lifely, Nov 20, 2023.

1. My taskbar on right side resizes itself after restart due to display scaling

Hi,I'm running windows 10 64bit Pro. I have my taskbar on the right had side of one of my monitors. I have 5 monitors connected to my PC.When I reboot the taskbar is around three times as thick and I have to drag it it back to the smallest size. I have locked the taskbar and used the registry hack and set TaskbarLockAll and set the Value data to 1. Nothing has made any difference apart from when I change my the scaling to 100% on my 4k monitor. I have four HD monitors and one 4K. If the 4k monitor is set to HD there is no problem, or if the monitor is set to 4K and the scaling to 100% there is

:)

Oliver Lifely, Nov 20, 2023
  2. Vinodh.V Win User

taskbar resize WIN 10

Hi Frank,

Please follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• Right click on taskbar.
    • click on properties.
    • uncheck--use small taskbar buttons.
    • uncheck--lock the taskbar.
    • try to place the mouse pointer and then resize the taskbar.
    Please keep us updated.

Vinodh.V, Nov 20, 2023
  3. MS Office and Skype scaling issue with display monitors

Hi J,

The scaling issues with your display monitor can be caused by an outdated operating system. To further isolate the concern, we suggest that you check for the latest update for Windows by following these steps:

• Click on Start or the Windows Logo on your taskbar.
    • Select Settings or the gear icon and click Updates & security.
    • Click on Check for updates.

If any updates are found, install it and wait for Windows to complete the update and then restart the device.

Let us know the result of your troubleshooting.

Genevieve Cri, Nov 20, 2023
  4. My taskbar on right side resizes itself after restart due to display scaling

taskbar resize WIN 10

Doesn't work on an hp stream tablet which doesn't have a mouse only touch screen. Mine is doing same thing. All updates applied and I cannot resize the taskbar on my hp stream 8 tablet. It was fine and now its double height of what it was.

GigaByte69, Nov 20, 2023
Thema:

My taskbar on right side resizes itself after restart due to display scaling

1. My taskbar on right side resizes itself after restart due to display scaling - Similar Threads - taskbar right side

2. My taskbar on right side resizes itself after restart due to display scaling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My taskbar on right side resizes itself after restart due to display scaling: Hi,I'm running windows 10 64bit Pro. I have my taskbar on the right had side of one of my monitors. I have 5 monitors connected to my PC.When I reboot the taskbar is around three times as thick and I have to drag it it back to the smallest size. I have locked the taskbar and...
  3. My taskbar on right side resizes itself after restart due to display scaling

in Windows 10 Customization
    My taskbar on right side resizes itself after restart due to display scaling: Hi,I'm running windows 10 64bit Pro. I have my taskbar on the right had side of one of my monitors. I have 5 monitors connected to my PC.When I reboot the taskbar is around three times as thick and I have to drag it it back to the smallest size. I have locked the taskbar and...
  4. Right side of taskbar is not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right side of taskbar is not showing: Hey Right side of my taskbar Which have date time , notification, Internet connection sign is not showing . Anyone know how to fix it . Adding a picture for more help . Look at right bottom corner.its blank.elp....
  5. Taskbar keeps resizing itself randomly

Taskbar keeps resizing itself randomly: I never used to have this problem on older versions of windows or even the current windows 10 using a 1080p monitor/tv. Since I have been using a 4k tv as my monitor, windows has randomly been increasing my taskbar size by one level. I always have the taskbar locked but it...
  6. Taskbar keeps resizing itself randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar keeps resizing itself randomly: I never used to have this problem on older versions of windows or even the current windows 10 using a 1080p monitor/tv. Since I have been using a 4k tv as my monitor, windows has randomly been increasing my taskbar size by one level. I always have the taskbar locked but it...
  7. Taskbar keeps resizing itself randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Right side of Taskbar is cluttered

Right side of Taskbar is cluttered: I have a Lenovo Ideapad S145 -15API AMD Rayzen 5, 3500 U, AMD Radeon Vega 8, 8 GB RAM - Windows 10 Education Ver. 2004, Build 19041.1052. From a few days, right taskbar of my system is being messed with the icons on the left taskbar. Please see the following imageYou can see...
  9. Taskbar resizes after computer restart

Taskbar resizes after computer restart: Since a few days the Windows taskbar always resizes to its initial size when I restart Windows (only after restart! not after shutdown!). Why is this so? I want it to be double sized, not only one row....
  10. Taskbar gets resized after restart.

Taskbar gets resized after restart.: I set my taskbar at 3 levels but when I restart or reboot it gets shrunk to a single level. How can I fix that? 141468